ADVERTISEMENT

Zavier Betts N

tenor.gif

Is Betts the academic concern or Watts? Hopefully both of them will be N.

Always huge when we get a top 100 player, Top 50 at that (46) and this one is an in state player. I always thought we had the lead but it can make one nervous with the offers he kept getting. I’m glad he got this over with and committed. GBR

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Welcome to the Sea of Red..

May the domino’s start to fall now..
Agree, we need to get this recruiting thing going. I do think some kids wait to see who else commits to certain schools. Once they commit that causes others to commit, and so forth.

Is this the Nebraska recruit that posters thought had Notre Dame as his dream school? If not who is that recruit?

Welcome aboard Mr. Betts!

No, that is Xavier Watts. Watts is going to be a lot harder to sign, he's visiting Michigan, Notre Dame, and Wisconsin in the next month.

I had read that, too. In my opinion, Betts is the better of the two, but having both would rule. Also, that was kind of the rumor about both Henrich and Hickman, and they both wound up in Lincoln as well, so I would say never count this staff out.

HellzYes!!!

Xavier Betts, you’re up next.

Turner Corcoran, we’re ready for you buddy.

Nash Hutmacher- you know you wanna pull the trigger and join Husker Nation.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
Is Betts the academic concern or Watts? Hopefully both of them will be N.

Betts. An article I just read quoted him as saying he is retaking some things (classes) and does not yet have a qualifying ACT score but he is working on it.

Can we please stop talking about student academics on a free board when the students live in Nebraska? Just imagine if your son or daughter had a bad freshman year and was then being talked about 3 years later on a free message board by 40 year old men as an "academic" concern.
Sure, as long as you stop moaning about how hard it is to recruit here. Just imagine if your son or daughter was recruited here and was being constantly reminded that good players don’t wanna come here by 40 year old men as an “athletic” concern.

Sure, as long as you stop moaning about how hard it is to recruit here. Just imagine if your son or daughter was recruited here and was being constantly reminded that good players don’t wanna come here by 40 year old men as an “athletic” concern.
Why don't you do what eatafat1 says, and eat a fat one

Can we please stop talking about student academics on a free board when the students live in Nebraska? Just imagine if your son or daughter had a bad freshman year and was then being talked about 3 years later on a free message board by 40 year old men as an "academic" concern.
From what I understand, it's part of the reason why he pulled the trigger now. He doesn't have a bunch of options like Watts at this point, and we needed to know if he was N or not now, given the academic risk. If he dragged this out to November, we probably were going to move on.

It applies to the the situation, his recruitment, and his decision to commit.

ADVERTISEMENT