ADVERTISEMENT

Zachary Evans

starhusker

Walk On
Dec 2, 2004
What’s the chances we can sign this running back. He was released from his NLI to Georgia "full release, no restrictions. 7 Big Ten schools has offered that includes Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State and Wisconsin. So hopefully Scott can work his magic and get him. He’s a talented 5 star running back from Houston.

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-t...rom-his-national-letter-of-intent-to-georgia/

Please no. He has way too many off the field issues. Here is a post from a Texas fan from reddit:

He made a ton of visits to Texas during his Junior year, but then started trashing us publicly in interviews. His coaches made him go apologize to Texas because North Shore wants to maintain good connections with Texas (and historically we've recruited a ton at North Shore). He demands that him and Dameion George are going to be a package deal. George commits to Bama and then Evans says "**** Bama" in an Insta live and Bama backs off (Bama coach said he was too immature to start for them). He is then a Georgia favorite but goes and gets into an altercation with his coaches during the first game of the season and gets suspended for several games. Georgia then backs off for a bit. He supposedly was a silent to LSU then delays his commitment multiple times. He get suspended for the State Championship game because he refused to give up his phone. Georgia gives him another chance and he signs his LOI. Turns out he might be academically ineligible (and maybe some other stuff) and apologizes on national TV. There's some rumors that after he signed his LOI he, or someone close to him, was still talking to other schools asking if they had room.

Please no. He has way too many off the field issues. Here is a post from a Texas fan from reddit:

He made a ton of visits to Texas during his Junior year, but then started trashing us publicly in interviews. His coaches made him go apologize to Texas because North Shore wants to maintain good connections with Texas (and historically we've recruited a ton at North Shore). He demands that him and Dameion George are going to be a package deal. George commits to Bama and then Evans says "**** Bama" in an Insta live and Bama backs off (Bama coach said he was too immature to start for them). He is then a Georgia favorite but goes and gets into an altercation with his coaches during the first game of the season and gets suspended for several games. Georgia then backs off for a bit. He supposedly was a silent to LSU then delays his commitment multiple times. He get suspended for the State Championship game because he refused to give up his phone. Georgia gives him another chance and he signs his LOI. Turns out he might be academically ineligible (and maybe some other stuff) and apologizes on national TV. There's some rumors that after he signed his LOI he, or someone close to him, was still talking to other schools asking if they had room.
There's being an immature high school kid, then there's this. Good lord

Reactions: CatColumbia

We just parted ways with that kid, pretty sure. Hard pass.

I wonder if Scott looks at kids like this thinking he can be the positive influence and guidance they need to turn it around ala Osborne/LP....obviously the ladder didn't work out but I commend grown men who take on these types of challenges

Where are the bag money replies?

Aren't we battling "culture" concerns? This wouldn't seem to fit that need. Could be wrong but there are red flags waving like crazy.

I wonder if Scott looks at kids like this thinking he can be the positive influence and guidance they need to turn it around ala Osborne/LP....obviously the ladder didn't work out but I commend grown men who take on these types of challenges

half of the 2018 WR class that made it on campus have subsequently been charged with felonies

I would probably steer clear of the "positive influence and guidance" approach to questionable recruits going forward

half of the 2018 WR class that made it on campus have subsequently been charged with felonies

I would probably steer clear of the "positive influence and guidance" approach to questionable recruits going forward

Were the WR’s questionable recruits?

If the coaches target him and land him, great. I'll support it. That's why they were hired.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker

So your saying there’s a chance?

He hates Texas and Alabama. Perfect fit for Nebraska.
tenor.gif

I’d definitely take him if he wanted to play for NU. But I agree with the kid. Tuck Fexas and Tuscaloosa is a shithole. Now I doubt we are what the kid had in mind when he decom from UGA. But regardless, I’d be happy to see him in Lincoln. If it doesn’t work out he can always transfer out

But regardless, with the official departure of Mo, I think the staff should try to pull in another RB this cycle. I know some think the position is in good shape but I think it’s going to be an issue very soon if we don’t land a kid who is ready to play this fall. Maybe one of the two that already signed will be that, just very risky

No thanks. We’ve got other dudes. O-line/playcalling/good reads will get them in space. I wouldn’t touch this kid. He was obviously raised lacking the discipline that he needed. Plenty of other good fish in the sea and Ryan Held is a beast. We’ll find our guys.

Sounds like the profile of a kid who "doesn't get it." That's a pretty spectacular history of flame-outs to assemble in such a short time.

As the saying goes, "When somebody tells you who they are, believe them."

Reactions: CatColumbia
What’s the chances we can sign this running back. He was released from his NLI to Georgia "full release, no restrictions. 7 Big Ten schools has offered that includes Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State and Wisconsin. So hopefully Scott can work his magic and get him. He’s a talented 5 star running back from Houston.

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-t...rom-his-national-letter-of-intent-to-georgia/
IF he's too much trouble for the $EC of all places you have to question the wisdom of wanting him in Lincoln.

Whoever compared this kid to Mo Washington is crazy. This kid is bigger, stronger and can run inside or outside. To the best of my knowledge he has been at the same high school for 4 years and has never had any issues with the law. He wanted the ball more and told his coach that he wanted the ball more, coach said I’ll coach and you play. Kid got pissed. Then he tried to sneak a cell phone into his hotel room the night before the state title game.

I’d take him.

Whoever compared this kid to Mo Washington is crazy. This kid is bigger, stronger and can run inside or outside. To the best of my knowledge he has been at the same high school for 4 years and has never had any issues with the law. He wanted the ball more and told his coach that he wanted the ball more, coach said I’ll coach and you play. Kid got pissed. Then he tried to sneak a cell phone into his hotel room the night before the state title game.

I’d take him.
I'm guessing there is more to this kid's story than that. I've never seen so many rival fan bases on the soundoff board scream hard pass. From clemson, texas, lsu, alabama, georgia, osu etc. something going on with the kid

Don't know if this source is accurate or sour grapes. But sure gives reason for caution and pause

I'm guessing there is more to this kid's story than that. I've never seen so many rival fan bases on the soundoff board scream hard pass. From clemson, texas, lsu, alabama, georgia, osu etc. something going on with the kid

it isn’t a whole lot more. I have a good friend close to the situation.

I'd advise against that strongly given how Washington, Legrone, and Hunt have turned out.

This would be the highest RB recruit since Marlon Lucky. Our last 5 star RB. Marlon Lucky was higher ranked then Evans. But it doesn’t matter, this young man will definitely stay in the SEC. Most likely Texas AM with LSU having an outside shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: keilwitzg
He wanted the ball more and told his coach that he wanted the ball more, coach said I’ll coach and you play. Kid got pissed.
Potential attitude problem at the very least. He missed time earlier in the season for disciplinary reasons and then was subsequently sent home just before the state championship game. Red flags. Not disqualifying but Georgia took the rare step to release him from his signed LOI and that, together with his high school problems, suggests significant risk is involved.

I’d take him.

What about the physical altercation with the coach?

His picture reminds of jamie fox when he dressed up as Wanda on living color.i would attach pic of Wanda,but dont know how to on here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT