ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Sterup ouch

Suhrreal

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 1, 2009
Has a 6'9" guy ever been dominated worse than he was today?

Dean Lowery took his lunch money and told him to pay interest on it.

All the people on here asking for us to run the ball more make me laugh -- that guy owned half of our offensive line today!

He started most of last year...he's had plenty of reps. He really struggled today, but I do think the DE for Northwestern deserves some credit. He was really impressive.

I can think of some things to be critical about, but enthusiasm? How do you want him to act after yet another uninspired, disappointing performance? Would it help if he cussed out some refs? Yelled spit into some players' faces?

Reactions: Archie Graham
Yep. Reps....brilliant strategy playing your same 5 the whole game.
So. You think this kid is gonna get quicker feet by reps ? He's horrible. 6'9 320 and routinely gets pancaked. His feet rarely get shoulder width or wider. He's soft. I could go on but more reps is not the answer.

Reactions: jimark and Husker69
He started most of last year...he's had plenty of reps. He really struggled today, but I do think the DE for Northwestern deserves some credit. He was really impressive.

10 tackles including 7 solo, 6 TFL for -29 yards, including 2 big sacks, and a pass breakup. He's been great all year, but this was just an excellent performance.

Reactions: cornheader
So. You think this kid is gonna get quicker feet by reps ? He's horrible. 6'9 320 and routinely gets pancaked. His feet rarely get shoulder width or wider. He's soft. I could go on but more reps is not the answer.
He's horrible...you don't think guys play faster when they feel comfortable in the system? Interesting. Funny...5 losses later we have a staff question if not rotating our oline was smart. 5 losses later....

He's horrible...you don't think guys play faster when they feel comfortable in the system? Interesting. Funny...5 losses later we have a staff question if not rotating our oline was smart. 5 losses later....
I'm assuming you are friends with him. I agree with the rotation stuff. Coaches are botching this but to say more reps in system is going to make him better then I'm not sure we can have this discussion. He's not a freshman for Gawd sake. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I'm assuming you are friends with him. I agree with the rotation stuff. Coaches are botching this but to say more reps in system is going to make him better then I'm not sure we can have this discussion. He's not a freshman for Gawd sake. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Nope. Not friends with him. I actually agreed he's horrible. Why even have juniors and seniors practice then if reps are meaningless?

Still confused why Givens-Price was moved to DT.

Pre-season I had him pencilled into start at RT.... :-/

In fairness to Sterup against Rush last season he was playing on 1 1/2 legs. The whole game Garrison or Cotton never thought to try another tackle. Maybe Pelini wouldn't allow it. Anyway, Zach is one of about 10 players this year I overrated. The red koolaid I drank by the gallons clouded my judgment. Some of these guys it's talent, some injuries, some new system and some I don't know. I actually thought we could have upwards of 16 players make the coaches all big 10 team first or second team and honorable mention squad. Boy, I was wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT