ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Smith

How is this NOT courtroom liable????
First defense against libel: "It's the truth."

Otherwise, the plaintiff has to prove that the statement isn't true, that the plaintiff is clearly the aggrieved party (even if not named directly), that the statement actually defames the plaintiff, and if you consider Herman to be a public figure (probably), then the plaintiff has to prove actual malice.

Certainly this defames Herman's character, but if it's true, that's not the speaker's fault, even if the speaker is a complete douchebag.

The "truth" defense also contains some nuance — could a reasonable person think the statement is simply an opinion and not a statement of fact, for example.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
First defense against libel: "It's the truth."

Otherwise, the plaintiff has to prove that the statement isn't true, that the plaintiff is clearly the aggrieved party (even if not named directly), that the statement actually defames the plaintiff, and if you consider Herman to be a public figure (probably), then the plaintiff has to prove actual malice.

Certainly this defames Herman's character, but if it's true, that's not the speaker's fault, even if the speaker is a complete douchebag.

The "truth" defense also contains some nuance — could a reasonable person think the statement is simply an opinion and not a statement of fact, for example.

Okay. Cool.
Hook em!

Reactions: headcard
Right? If he was a liberal, he would just go to his house and threaten his family. Or he would go to his softball field and start shooting people.
Hey hey hey he'd go to his house and play the tambourine on the lawn and then one douchebag would spraypaint the driveway, get your facts straight. We libcucks LOVE the tambourine. Can't get enough it. Hell I'm playing two right now.

Would you rather: One night of hippies on your lawn, or continuous death threats like Blasey Ford is still getting?

As for shooters, I don't think you want to play "whose team had more" on that subject. It'll get uneven really fast.

Hey hey hey he'd go to his house and play the tambourine on the lawn and then one douchebag would spraypaint the driveway, get your facts straight. We libcucks LOVE the tambourine. Can't get enough it. Hell I'm playing two right now.

Would you rather: One night of hippies on your lawn, or continuous death threats like Blasey Ford is still getting?

As for shooters, I don't think you want to play "whose team had more" on that subject. It'll get uneven really fast.

No. It wouldn't.

ADVERTISEMENT