ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Smith

"
Former Ohio State assistant football coach Zach Smith says he did not inform his former boss, Urban Meyer, that he was arrested and charged with drunken driving in 2013.

Smith was arrested and charged with speeding and operating a vehicle while intoxicated in February 2013, one year after he joined the Buckeyes staff. He later pleaded guilty to a lesser charge and had his license suspended for six months.

"I handled it on my own without involving OSU," Smith said through his attorney, Brad Koffel, on Monday afternoon.
"

Im calling BS on this. How in the hell does OSU not know that one of their coaches, who, as part of his job is to drive to kids' houses not know he cant drive? I get the who taxi/uber/lyft element, but I just think it would be odd to roll up to a recruit's house in a ride share, and more awkward having to hail one when leaving.

and Im not sure a Nebraska coach could fart in public without someone reporting on it. In fact, didnt someone once report that Barney farted in someone's living room?

The judge who sealed it was the president of one of the main booster programs. He did this as a favor to the coach without them knowing.

Now the judge is in hot water for doing something that is viewed as "Favoritism". He should be in hot water and he should at least be disciplined with a formal suspension.

All this teaches you that Karma is real and she is a real witch!

I thought a little DUI was no big deal? I'm confused.

At least Williams owned it and faced the scrutiny like a man. He didn't keep it from his boss and pretend it didn't happen. I also think Williams should be at a minimum commended for how well he handled the Twitter crap that Smith was throwing at him. He could have easily retaliated with some hateful stuff.

At least Williams owned it and faced the scrutiny like a man. He didn't keep it from his boss and pretend it didn't happen. I also think Williams should be at a minimum commended for how well he handled the Twitter crap that Smith was throwing at him. He could have easily retaliated with some hateful stuff.
Agree, I dont think the majority thought that a "DUI was no big deal." KW owned his transgressions and moved forward from them. Smith tried to hide them and threw shade at others for doing the same thing.

Is it the norm to tell your boss if you got a traffic ticket? Is there like a cutoff of the importance of the ticket?

Like...say going 100 in a 65...you get a speeding ticket. Are you telling your boss?

Reactions: EatsBugs
Is it the norm to tell your boss if you got a traffic ticket? Is there like a cutoff of the importance of the ticket?

Like...say going 100 in a 65...you get a speeding ticket. Are you telling your boss?

There is a difference between "our job" and "a coach at OSU". Nobody in public is really going to care about us, everyone is going to care about a coach at OSU. Understanding this is pretty basic; and yes there is a difference no matter how much you may say there isn't.

Reactions: jeans15
How in the fishbowl of Ohio State football could this not be picked up by the press? A NU assistant cant fart wo it making page 1.

He was arrested - didn't get a traffic ticket and told to move-on.

I would say that the OSU press didn't do its job, when KW got arrested it was news and therefor the school had to react. If ZS getting arrested wasn't covered the school's hand wasn't forced.

Reactions: saluno22
There is a difference between "our job" and "a coach at OSU". Nobody in public is really going to care about us, everyone is going to care about a coach at OSU. Understanding this is pretty basic; and yes there is a difference no matter how much you may say there isn't.

I don't care about his driving record. This really sounds more like a "you" problem. I don't mean you I just mean why the **** would anyone care if this guy got a traffic ticket that in the end wasn't even a DUI.

Reactions: EatsBugs
I assume that Smith drives a "company" car and people who drive company cars are usually required to notify their employer of any tickets for insurance purposes. Besides, the dude was arrested. This was more than just a speeding ticket.

Reactions: Sinomatic
I assume that Smith drives a "company" car and people who drive company cars are usually required to notify their employer of any tickets for insurance purposes. Besides, the dude was arrested. This was more than just a speeding ticket.
There you go! That is probably pretty accurate! I didn't think of that.

Let's just say that if my prints are booked into the system, people are notified.
See in that case I would tell my boss...because you know they will find out anyway.

In this guys case it seems like he would have known his boss would find out as well but I guess not.

See in that case I would tell my boss...because you know they will find out anyway.

In this guys case it seems like he would have known his boss would find out as well but I guess not.

Most people are going to have to let their boss know. With jail time and possible other things associated to miss work, the best way is to just man up and let people know and go from there. Not sure what hiding it does. In the past I have had to travel a lot to Canada, and this now is a huge burden if I get a DUI.

Most people are going to have to let their boss know. With jail time and possible other things associated to miss work, the best way is to just man up and let people know and go from there. Not sure what hiding it does. In the past I have had to travel a lot to Canada, and this now is a huge burden if I get a DUI.
Is it hard to get into Canada with a DUI or do you just mean because you would lose your license?

Is it hard to get into Canada with a DUI or do you just mean because you would lose your license?

If you have a DUI it is very difficult to get in, and your company has to hire an attorney and you as the individual have quite a bit of stuff to do. I had to do paperwork and a few things for open container and a fake ID charge that happened when I was in college. It's a bitch to do.

Let's just say that if my prints are booked into the system, people are notified.
lti1z.jpg

If you have a DUI it is very difficult to get in, and your company has to hire an attorney and you as the individual have quite a bit of stuff to do. I had to do paperwork and a few things for open container and a fake ID charge that happened when I was in college. It's a bitch to do.
Dang...what a pain in the ass.

well a traffic ticket isnt a felony, so, no, probably not.

Ain’t got to tell the boss if you’re the boss

I'm not telling my boss until I can get my company car up to at least 115. Anything less, he'll just laugh at me and tell me I haven't been listening to those Zig Zigler and Bryan Tracy CDs he gave to me.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
If you have a DUI on your record, you will probably not get into Canada unless you get a waiver. I had a relative try to cross the border into Canada and had a DUI on his record from a few years prior. They denied him entry and like a dumbass, tried to sneak across the border somewhere else and ended up getting detained. They impounded his car and I don't believe he ever got it back. Not sure if it was lack of trying or if they just straight up took it in exchange for not pressing charges.

If you have a DUI on your record, you will probably not get into Canada unless you get a waiver. I had a relative try to cross the border into Canada and had a DUI on his record from a few years prior. They denied him entry and like a dumbass, tried to sneak across the border somewhere else and ended up getting detained. They impounded his car and I don't believe he ever got it back. Not sure if it was lack of trying or if they just straight up took it in exchange for not pressing charges.

Good lord, I never knew that a DUI can/would keep you out of Canada.

well a traffic ticket isnt a felony, so, no, probably not.

But you can get a felony speeding ticket

https://www.drivinglaws.org/resourc...aims/is-driving-over-100-mph-a-felony-offense

and not all DUI's are a felony

http://www.duianswer.com/library/when-is-dui-a-felony-offense.cfm

Look, this dork probably beat his wife and he should be beaten by 5 big angry dudes for doing that...but I am not on board with people trying to hang him for not telling his boss about what became a misdemeanor.

What...do they think if they let someone with a DUI in, the person is going to get hammered and hit a moose or something? That may be true, but they also need to keep in mind that the drunk might also hit Justin Bieber, Celine Dion, or Michael Buble'. That would be a fair trade off.

Run over a moose...you're in trouble. Run over a moose...and then run over Justin Bieber, and all will be forgiven..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT