ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Smith - It keeps getting worse

Are you sure they don’t have him mixed up with Zack Morris? Seems like stuff he’d do.

I still say Urban survives this. This behavior is all on Zach. It's not as if Urban was doing all this shit himself. Do you think he knew about the sex toys and nude photos? I doubt it. He might have known that Zach was boinking the staff, but even there, who knows? People can be very good about keeping those things secret.

Don't get me wrong.... I am with dinglefritz here. I want Urban to be taken down. He is a scumbag. But I doubt this will do it.

I still say Urban survives this. This behavior is all on Zach. It's not as if Urban was doing all this shit himself. Do you think he knew about the sex toys and nude photos? I doubt it. He might have known that Zach was boinking the staff, but even there, who knows? People can be very good about keeping those things secret.

Don't get me wrong.... I am with dinglefritz here. I want Urban to be taken down. He is a scumbag. But I doubt this will do it.

I feel like McMurphy is trying to take Urban and Ohio State down. Ohio state is dragging out this investigation in hopes that everyone kind of forgets about it and they can quietly reinstate Meyer....but Brett just keep chumming the waters and effectively making sure everyone is still talking about Smith. I agree that this story has nothing to do with Meyer except that it keeps everyone interested in the story overall in which Meyer is involved and needs to go away to stay at Ohio state.

I feel like McMurphy is trying to take Urban and Ohio State down. Ohio state is dragging out this investigation in hopes that everyone kind of forgets about it and they can quietly reinstate Meyer....but Brett just keep chumming the waters and effectively making sure everyone is still talking about Smith. I agree that this story has nothing to do with Meyer except that it keeps everyone interested in the story overall in which Meyer is involved and needs to go away to stay at Ohio state.
I agree this is a calculated move to bring Urban down. But I doubt we are the only ones who sense that. The powers that be at OSU know it too and are resisting. I know two people who are profs at OSU. Neither are big Urban fans or even OSU football fans. One is from Alabama, originally, and is a huge Tide fan, and the other is a big Notre Dame fan. So neither one cares if Urban stays or goes. And they both are telling me that there is still huge support for UM across the campus and almost everyone agrees that this is an invented issue that is bogus.

In this day and age letting something die down does not happen. There are too many groups who will not let it happen. With social media, it is easy to keep the pressure on.

Reactions: TheNewNU
I don't necessarily want Urban taken down. I'm not a fan of his but on the other hand I don't like destruction journalism either. It appears to me that his guy has an agenda and is most interested in making a name for himself. In some ways this case mirrors what they tried to do to Osborne after LP. That's the way journalism works today and to some degree has always worked. One big story and you're a household name for years to come.

I don't necessarily want Urban taken down. I'm not a fan of his but on the other hand I don't like destruction journalism either. It appears to me that his guy has an agenda and is most interested in making a name for himself. In some ways this case mirrors what they tried to do to Osborne after LP. That's the way journalism works today and to some degree has always worked. One big story and you're a household name for years to come.
Well said. And I agree completely

I don’t disagree necessarily with anything you said. But I think it become more personal when Meyer basically publically called out McMurphy at media days and called his reporting into question.

I don’t disagree necessarily with anything you said. But I think it become more personal when Meyer basically publically called out McMurphy at media days and called his reporting into question.
What's the old saying? Never pick a fight with someone who buys their ink by the gallon? In todays world they don't even have to pay for the ink.

Looks like good, detailed reporting with evidence. This isn't a hit piece or opinion piece. Obviously Urban is being targeted but his past at Florida SHOULD make him a target for journalists trying to expose unhealthy cultures in college sports. We've had coaches who were adulterers, drunks, perverts, cheaters and all of them moved on eventually but they were never exposed and likely are continuing their behaviors at other schools. A dude buying sex toys with university infrastructure means somebody knew, there was a culture of cover up or ignoring warning signs. This will look like a lack of institutional control, similar to the Tressel situation. Coach may or may not have known but should have had better control and therefore will be fired.

A head has gotta roll here. Maybe its Urb's maybe it's Gene Smith's. But the national media and McMurphy want a scalp. The only thing that will exonerate Urban and OSU is a detailed paper trail of a legitimate investigation being done, which all signs point to that being a no. If there were such an investigation OSU gets out infront of this and provides that info at B1G media days, instead they claim its all fake and label McMurphy (a very respected reporter in college football circles) a hack. OSU picked this fight and they are going to pay for it.

Look Urban knew stuff was going on and still hired the dude and kept him on staff. Thats on Urban. This isn't a witch hunt. You can't do that stuff and get away without people questioning you. And we hear all the time that the coach runs the program and should know what's going on.

That may be true of some people, but Zach Smith seems like the kind of self-oblivious moron who would brag about all this to everyone within earshot.

Smith having sex with a subordinate in his office might raise some other questions. Quid pro quo?

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
If UM told Gene Smith, then Smith needs to go. On the
other hand, UM told a bold-faced lie when McMurphy
asked him about the incident. What does he get? Probably,
nothing!

So what's this have to do with abusing his wife? This really is pathetic hack journalism. Who cares if he buys sex toys or not, that should be a private matter and not aired out in public by a hack who calls himself a journalist.

So what's this have to do with abusing his wife? This really is pathetic hack journalism. Who cares if he buys sex toys or not, that should be a private matter and not aired out in public by a hack who calls himself a journalist.
Because he was doing it while on the job at OSU and using OSU facilities. And because he was having sex with an OSU employee on the job at an OSU facility. All while he was on Urban Meyer's staff.

Because he was doing it while on the job at OSU and using OSU facilities. And because he was having sex with an OSU employee on the job at an OSU facility. All while he was on Urban Meyer's staff.
You've never had anything personal delivered to your work or used their facilities for personal use?

I'm not saying Zach Smith isn't stupid for using his real name when ordering that kind of stuff. And also having it delivered to your work. That's all incredibly dumb. But at the same time McMurphy is a PoS for making this public and making it national news. There's no reason the public needs to know about that.

Reactions: EatsBugs
Zach Smith Ordered Sex Toys to Ohio State Offices, Had Sex With Staffer, Took Nude Photos at White House

https://watchstadium.com/news/zach-...s-staffer-nude-photos-white-house-08-17-2018/
dd5uns1.jpg

It's his abused ex-wife going scorched Earth. Can't blame her. If it hurts the OSU athletic department, I'm guessing that she doesn't have too much love for them, either. It's out there and the media has to report on it.

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT