ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Miller....

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

Man I hope that guy can recover. Schefter just reported he had surgery last night to " save his leg" due to artery damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow. that is just awful news...and no, i'm not going to watch the video. especially, with this information in hand.

Man I hope that guy can recover. Schefter just reported he had surgery last night to " save his leg" due to artery damage.

I’ll be shocked if he plays again. That’s a potentially career ending injury for someone in high school much less in your 30’s. Hopefully he doesn’t lose his leg and doesn’t have nerve damage. Sucks to see this happen.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Plus he got screwed out of getting credit for catching a TD during the injury.

Sad. From this morning's Chicago Tribune:

The 33-year-old Miller has 20 receptions for 236 yards and two touchdowns, the only player on the roster with more than one TD grab. But beyond the numbers what has always struck me is what an upbeat and wildly positive guy Miller has been. He’s stuck to it and created a nice career for himself while overcoming obstacles that would have turned away a lot of other players. Since 2000, the only Bears player I can think of that was similarly snakebitten when it came to injuries was talented guard Rex Tucker. He appeared in 35 games from 1999 through 2004. This was Miller’s 33rd game for the Bears in four years.

Consider the following injuries:

MetLife Stadiumin a loss to the Giants. He had season-ending surgery.
  • Miller badly wanted to complete the 2015 season and appear in all 16 games but a nagging case of turf toe sidelined him for the final game vs. the Lions.
  • In Week 2 of the 2014 preseason, Miller suffered a torn Lisfranc ligament in his left foot, leading to season-ending surgery. It came a week after an impressive debut for the Bears with six receptions for 68 yards and two touchdowns.
  • Healthy in 2013, he was waived by the Buccaneers in Week 4 after what he called “not much of a concussion.” He couldn't get a look anywhere.
  • In the 2012 preseason, he tore his Achilles tendon and calf muscle, sending him to injured reserve with the Jaguars.
  • In Week 4 of the 2011 season, he caught a 14-yard touchdown pass against the Saints but safety Roman Harper hit him on the play, popping his right shoulder out. When the shoulder turned into a recurring injury, he had season-ending surgery.
Each time Miller has suffered a major injury with the Bears, the guy has come back with a big smile on his face. He wants to contribute. He wants to help teammates. He goes about his job the right way. Otherwise, there’s no way in heck the Bears would have considered re-signing a player with such an injury history.

Plus he got screwed out of getting credit for catching a TD during the injury.
I’m still trying to figure out how that’s not a catch. Between the Calvin Johnson “no catch” from a few years ago and the Golden Tate “catch” from last year, I have no idea what a catch in the NFL is anymore

But poor Zach. He beat the odds by making the NFL and ending up having a solid career. Good thing he left NU for UNO. Sadly he never could stay healthy. 30+ year old young guy who has the bones of an 80 year old at this point

Reactions: saluno22
Sounds like there is still a worry they may have to take his leg.... prayers for that man!

Sounds like there is still a worry they may have to take his leg.... prayers for that man!
. Similar injury to Teddy Bridgewater. Hope his medical team was as good as they were in Minnesota. The medical community in the Cities and Rochester is tough to beat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT