ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Martin

GBR_Atlanta

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 9, 2015
Has anyone heard any feedback about the Zach Martin (Iowa Western QB) visit? I read that he was coming for an unofficial, but that's the last I heard.

I'd love to see a JUCO QB come in to help push TA and maybe take some pressure of POB right away.

I believe that it is a recruited walk on with the understanding that if you work your way into the 2 deep, you go on scholarship. Other may correct if there is more to it.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
A preferred walk on is considered part of the roster. No guarantee of scholarship etc. Simply that he is a high priority walk on for us.

Reactions: WHCSC
Slightly relieved we didn't offer. It seemed a bit desperate, but I have absolutely no problem with him walking on and earning a scholarship should he prove worthy.

He has a way better grasp of checking down than TA. Throws a good ball, decent arm strength. Looks like he makes solid decisions.

He tore his ACL at the end of the season, so I doubt he would be ready to push TA at all. If he came here mid term, he probably won't be ready for spring ball.

Like Zach Taylor, he is a coach's son. Good grasp of the game being around dad all these years. Any WCO system requires a good grasp of the game and playing in the system.

Well, a great passing juco QB would sure be nice, even if he couldn't move at all in the pocket, but was able to find the open receiver.

I think we wouldn't have been in such a bad situation with QB's if Riley & DL would have had any clue that the 5 scholarship QB's would not pan out.

My guess is they saw the QB numbers and thought to themselves, "We have plenty of QB's on the team!" Little did they know...

If only they would have had ESPn so they could have rushed out and made an attempt to get a good passing QB. Who knows, maybe that QB wouldn't have been any good either!

Well, a great passing juco QB would sure be nice, even if he couldn't move at all in the pocket, but was able to find the open receiver.

I think we wouldn't have been in such a bad situation with QB's if Riley & DL would have had any clue that the 5 scholarship QB's would not pan out.

My guess is they saw the QB numbers and thought to themselves, "We have plenty of QB's on the team!" Little did they know...

If only they would have had ESPn so they could have rushed out and made an attempt to get a good passing QB. Who knows, maybe that QB wouldn't have been any good either!
A bigger issue to me; why wouldn't they assume TA wouldn't take their coaching. He showed evidence early on, with some 70% plus quarters; but then regressed to his way; and more so as the season went on. I agree with your statement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT