ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Martin accepts Walk On Spot

KingBlackshirt

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 3, 2007
Saw on a different board that he's likely in as a walk on.

Good added depth, with the knee injury he likely won't compete in 16 but good depth for 17 if POB isn't ready or gets injured.

I assume Bush has to be looking elsewhere?

Good added depth, with the knee injury he likely won't compete in 16 but good depth for 17 if POB isn't ready or gets injured.

Why would Bush look elsewhere? He's already I think used his red-shirt so if he transfers he would have to sit out a year elsewhere. He has as good of a chance of playing next fall as POB.

This is a great get; because he is very bright and has already performed well under fire. There is lots of film on him; I am guessing he is the best on the team with progressions right now - can only suppose about incoming freshmen. Are you sure he can't play this fall ? I am guessing he has a shot. Bush has a ton of talent; maybe needs the same jump TA does, but guessing that could surprise.

This is good news if true. He will add depth and competition.

I see no reason why Bush would be looking anywhere, he has a high ceiling and just needs continued development. Bush fits the system.

I don't think Bush is the QB for this system. Seems to me he's more a spread guy.

If Ryker is ahead of Bush on the depth chart, it's hard for me to wrap my arms around Bush ever contributing in a meaningful way.

Reactions: gomerxx
I'd be a little surprised if they run off a QB. Fyfe and TA will graduate, Stanton already left to balance POB's scholarship and this kid will be a walk-on. They don't need to move anyone else out unless they sign another scholarship QB.

Why would Bush look elsewhere? He's already I think used his red-shirt so if he transfers he would have to sit out a year elsewhere. He has as good of a chance of playing next fall as POB.

I don't agree with this at all. Fyfe beating him out for the backup spot should tell you all you need to know about his future.

This is good news if true. He will add depth and competition.

I see no reason why Bush would be looking anywhere, he has a high ceiling and just needs continued development. Bush fits the system.
What would lead you to believe an athlete trying to play QB fits this system? At least other power 5 schools recruited Tommy for QB. Bush was recruited for WR by most schools from what I remember.

You're certainly not basing this off completion percentages... so what are you basing it on?

What would lead you to believe an athlete trying to play QB fits this system? At least other power 5 schools recruited Tommy for QB. Bush was recruited for WR by most schools from what I remember.
His natural throwing ability and his measurables. Langsdorf & Riley commented on it this past year. He's very raw, but the kid has a higher ceiling than anyone currently on the roster except ZD, and we know why he isn't going to play. Fyfe got the backup job more because of his steady personality and experience.

I don't agree with this at all. Fyfe beating him out for the backup spot should tell you all you need to know about his future.
Everybody wants to anoint POB but he hasn't even taken a snap against a collegiate defense. My point is that I think Bush has just as much of a chance as POB of playing this fall if TA and Fyfe get hurt. POB looks like the real deal and I HOPE POB is the best thing since sliced bread but just like Johnny Stanton we won't know anything until the bullets start flying.. Bush at least is younger than Fyfe and could make a jump and pass Fyfe this next year on the depth chart. Nothing is stagnant. Who knows, maybe a lower tier program comes calling for Fyfe's services this winter and he decides to move down so he can play every Saturday. It sounds like he did in fact look around this past off season.

You're certainly not basing this off completion percentages... so what are you basing it on?
Bush hasn't thrown a pass in a college game so I don't know how anybody could "base it off of completion percentages". Bush is a young guy that just saw his first spring game action in front of a big crowd. He has raw talent and could make a jump and pass Fyfe. Fyfe and TA could both get hurt. Who knows how things will work out? We have no idea how Bush might develop or POB for that matter. Assuming that Bush will or should transfer is just silly. As we've seen in past years, we need 4-5 physically capable QBs on the roster in case we have a rash of injuries. Heck you can't even practice effectively if you don't have 3-4 healthy guys on the roster.

Bush hasn't thrown a pass in a college game so I don't know how anybody could "base it off of completion percentages". Bush is a young guy that just saw his first spring game action in front of a big crowd. He has raw talent and could make a jump and pass Fyfe. Fyfe and TA could both get hurt. Who knows how things will work out? We have no idea how Bush might develop or POB for that matter. Assuming that Bush will or should transfer is just silly. As we've seen in past years, we need 4-5 physically capable QBs on the roster in case we have a rash of injuries. Heck you can't even practice effectively if you don't have 3-4 healthy guys on the roster.
tOSU agrees.

I would look hard at Montana if I were him. Cant say enough good things about Coach Stitt as a coach. He turned an engineering college into a perennial winner at Mines.
I may be biased since he is an old college roommate.

Talk about Bush transferring and having to sit out a year is only if he transfers to a D-1 school. If he moves down a level he can play right away.

He is not coming to Nebraska guys.

Reactions: Husker69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT