ADVERTISEMENT

Zac Taylor to Bengals?

Good for him if it happens. It’s nice to see former Huskers doing well. I hope he does well there but not too well..
Has anybody ever done well in Cinci? I would think long and hard before I took that job. It would take a lot of coin for me to let that be my first head coaching job.

The question was "Has anyone ever done well in Cincy"? :Cool:
Well yeah. And I remember that now but man that was a loooong time ago. I met Boomer once. At the Fiesta Bowl actually and I did NOT get a good first impression. When you tell a 7 year old who asks for your autograph to "get lost" well....Pat O'Brien happily obliged and kind of gave Boomer the side eye. It was half time and I'm thinking Boomer had a wad of money bet on Florida as pissed as he acted. He literally was not doing a thing but sitting on his ass staring at space.

Awesome for Zac. Their 12 (?) fans should be happy. Does Zac ever go around the Husker program anymore, or has basically everyone from the Callahan era wiped that out of their memeory and aren’t in touch with the program?

Awesome for Zac. Their 12 (?) fans should be happy. Does Zac ever go around the Husker program anymore, or has basically everyone from the Callahan era wiped that out of their memeory and aren’t in touch with the program?
He was back here in 2017 to be inducted into the Nebraska Football Hall of Fame. Is there something more you are looking for to be "in touch with the program"?

Reactions: SOHusker11
He was back here in 2017 to be inducted into the Nebraska Football Hall of Fame. Is there something more you are looking for to be "in touch with the program"?
For guys without family in Nebraska who are busy in successful careers after Husker football, that's about all you're gonna get.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Taylor was a lone bright spot in the callahan era. He was probably the one guy that saved it from completely spiraling out of control that second year.

I agree with some posters that his resume isn't really that strong... but the new wave is to get these "QB-whisperers" so good for him to get in while the iron is hot.

They have a chance to be successful... Andy Dalton isn't very good but he's at least gotten them to the playoffs several times. Seems everyone was done with Marvin Lewis.

I am a lifelong Packer fan, but if we get one of our former players as the head coach of an NFL team.... they will be my favorite AFC team.

Bengals said to "hope" to hire Zac.
Hey Tru. Do you remember axe and steel breze playing at the tank. Was crazy R's going when you were there. Good times. I knew the owner well. Took a lot of sunflowers out there.

Awesome for Zac. Their 12 (?) fans should be happy. Does Zac ever go around the Husker program anymore, or has basically everyone from the Callahan era wiped that out of their memory and aren’t in touch with the program?
Horrible hire....right in line with the Brown family and their decision making. At least they didn't hire Hugh Jackson. Zac has never built anything decent on his own...has never been a head coach...how does this stuff happen? Its like a guy who has never run a government entity being president.

Horrible hire....right in line with the Brown family and their decision making. At least they didn't hire Hugh Jackson. Zac has never built anything decent on his own...has never been a head coach...how does this stuff happen? Its like a guy who has never run a government entity being president.
Could be a bad hire... but then again, using this way of thinking, Sean McVay was a horrible hire as well. Taylor has the same exact experience as McVay did before he became the Rams head coach.

Taylor isn’t guaranteed anything and he may faceplant horribly. But there is a precedent already in the nfl that suggests he could be successful.

Zac is an extremely bright guy who relates very well to people. He's learned from some brilliant offensive minds. It's just a matter of whether or not he can put it all together and run the whole show. I think he can, BUT he doesn't exactly have a difference maker at QB and that will be his problem.

Reactions: timnsun
Zac is going to be the Head Coach. They are looking at Jack Del Rio for DC.
That would be a great hire for them. I think the Raiders screwed up big time by dumping Del Rio. He had them trending the right way before Gruden blew things up.

Wonder what Zac’s relationship with Callahan is like. Would be a good hire for oline coach or possibly even OC.

Bengals won't win until they get new ownership...doesn't matter who the coach is...the personnel decisions and reputation of the Brown family will keep them from effectively being able to get great free agents...and Brown and family creates an awkward culture because of his hands on approach when he really has no clue how to win. They are the opposite of the patriots.

Bengals won't win until they get new ownership...doesn't matter who the coach is...the personnel decisions and reputation of the Brown family will keep them from effectively being able to get great free agents...and Brown and family creates an awkward culture because of his hands on approach when he really has no clue how to win. They are the opposite of the patriots.
Unfortunately for Taylor, I'm afraid you're probably right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT