ADVERTISEMENT

Zac Taylor mentioned as potential Packers HC

Seems like a Tyron Lue - Lebonr James situation.

Zac Taylor figurehead

Gaayron Rodgers as BigHead Player Coach.

Reactions: Red I 73
I definitely think the Packers are going to try to become more dynamic on offense. Sounds like Rams coach McVay is a gifted play caller and we've all seen the offense he runs. So if you cannot get McVay, the next best thing would be to hire his QB coach. The Rams system with Aaron Rodgers at the controls looks like a winner to me.

Seems very premature to make this jump to HC of a storied team like the Packers.
He'd be the same age as Aaron Rodgers.

that's where the league is headed now, so it wouldn't be a shocker.

Obviously they aren't going to look for a spread guy, but they do need to modernize that offense in order to get Rodgers some opportunities.

Biggest thing is the D, but supposedly they revamped the front office and had a good draft last year.. so maybe help can be coming... probably not this year, though

Seems very premature to make this jump to HC of a storied team like the Packers.
He'd be the same age as Aaron Rodgers.
That was my knee jerk reaction. But why recycle someone? GB has always been an outlier originating on how they are owned. IF he is a true up and comer, why not. Could be one of the biggest steals in recent NFL history

God bless, Packers are in rebuild mode with Rogers' salary hanging like a millstone around their necks for the foreseeable future.

Definitely not rebuilding mode, first couple weeks lost their starting middle linebacker and DT, got a ton of secondary players and O line hurt all season. You could make the injury claim for a lot of teams throughout the year but those are facts. They'll need to throw some money or trade up for some offensive play makers (all they have is Adams on outside) and a few key D spots. Plus they are projected to have the 15th most Salary Cap space. And hopefully some better offensive concepts. Rebuilding mode I think not.

Reactions: stanzsky87
I definitely think the Packers are going to try to become more dynamic on offense. Sounds like Rams coach McVay is a gifted play caller and we've all seen the offense he runs. So if you cannot get McVay, the next best thing would be to hire his QB coach. The Rams system with Aaron Rodgers at the controls looks like a winner to me.

Gifted play caller appears so, but with Todd Gurley, Goff, and good receivers, he looks like a really good play caller.

Reactions: TheBeav815
What about Kliff Kinsbury???? If they really want a offensive mixed guy, he is about as close to that as anyone

Definitely not rebuilding mode, first couple weeks lost their starting middle linebacker and DT, got a ton of secondary players and O line hurt all season. You could make the injury claim for a lot of teams throughout the year but those are facts. They'll need to throw some money or trade up for some offensive play makers (all they have is Adams on outside) and a few key D spots. Plus they are projected to have the 15th most Salary Cap space. And hopefully some better offensive concepts. Rebuilding mode I think not.
There is no doubt but that their current roster is the problem and I don't think that was McCarthy's fault. I didn't care for the guy but I'm not sure they fired the right guy. As a Vikings fan, I'm guess I'm glad they canned him.

They need players beyond Rogers

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT