ADVERTISEMENT

Yvan Ouedraogo

Hell yes!

The days of NebrasketLOL may finally be behind us!

could be a legit 1-and-done guy.. Hoiberg, what a beast! Isaiah who?
Does a player still have to be 19 to get drafted? I know the NBA was considering lowering the age to 18, but not sure if that's happened yet.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
Here's the OWH link to a free article on the situation for the commitment of Yvan Ouedraogo:

LINK

having just heard of him and seen exactly zero seconds of tape, I assume so, yes

I did watch his tape even in his highlights his game is limited to within 3 feet of the basket. But he is relentless rebounder, shows good footwork so I expect that he will develop the offensive game over time.

From the highlight reel, playing in front of more than a couple hundred people will be a new experience for this dude. Hope he’s a beast
That was exactly the first thing I noticed. Girls junior high games draw more people than every clip this kid played in front of. Hopefully he is the real deal, and not just some dude that looks good playing against some horrible club players with zero talent. I trust the Mayors judgement.

From the highlight reel, playing in front of more than a couple hundred people will be a new experience for this dude. Hope he’s a beast
Here's what we do know. He's 6'8" with a 7' wingspan at age 17. Has quite a bit of polish to his game and had offers from Georgia Tech and TCU. He also was one of the first visitors when Hoiberg was hired.

Reactions: Hedley Lemar
Hoiberg & Co. are killing it. Ouedraogo is an NBA prospect due to his size/length (if the 7' wingspan number is true) combined with elite physical maturity at a ridiculously young age. They're describing him as a "chiseled" 240-pounder at 6'8" (maybe still growing) and he's still only 17? Okay.

Here are highlights from the U16 European Championship last November. He shows soft hands around the basket and can go left or right equally well when backing his man up. He can also face the basket, put the ball on the floor and drive when needed.

My favorite highlight is at :27. He pulls down a man's offensive rebound with one hand in the middle of traffic, immediately bodies up their big, fakes him left, then reverse pivots in a flash to draw a foul. Great footwork and the ability to stay under control while playing at a high RPM. It's just one highlight but there's a lot to like there.

could be a legit 1-and-done guy.. Hoiberg, what a beast! Isaiah who?
Isaiah is a very good basketball player there is no minimizing that. However, I think Hoiberg is going to be able to replace guys like Roby year in and year out and wont be vitally as important as he was for say, Tim Miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedWhiteDog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT