ADVERTISEMENT

Yvan is gone. Wood and Arop too.

Heard Banton is staying so probably 2 of the first 3 you said. Robin says 2 more to hit the portal today besides Frenchie

Gotta be Stevenson. Has a fatal lack of basketball IQ, but he is probably a tough out in a 1v1 game due to his driving ability.

He and Yvan should join the football team. Their bodies are much more suited for that.

Reactions: ATX Husker
I don't understand why we recruited all the same type of center. They're all like 6'9 and undersized for centers and to top it off don't have much skill. We need a true 7 footer both to compete against other bigs in the conference and protect the paint against driving guards.

I wish him all the best. Last year I thought he had a lot of potential. This year he "peaked". He couldn't score from the inside and when he got fouled he couldn't score from the charity stripe either...

I don't really get why Stevenson fell out of favor the last couple of games. I thought the way he attacked the rim was valuable and he started to hit a few open 3s as well.
The problem with the way Stevenson attacks the rim is that he's usually out of control...

When I watched Yvan play, in addition to cringing every time he tried to dribble, I always thought he would turn into a decent player - in 3 or 4 years - AFTER he’s graduated.

Andre looks to have a higher upside, and perhaps Briedenbach will have more advanced skills to help NU inside. I’m assuming Walker returns, too.
Blaise Keita coming in 2022 — 6-11, 230.

sometimes, but at least he would take it in there.
pretty much my thought, too

getting to the line is better than going 5+ mins without scoring anywhere

he' s far from my favorite player on the team, but I hope he stays

Reactions: cubsker
We've got Larry Bird part deux in our own back yard. We need to make Isaac Traudt our number one target.

I guess I was wrong about Wood. This might open a spot for Saint Thomas? I guess Coach Matt recently followed him and his Mom on Twitter. Gotta find a point guard, though, and a true Center would be nice.

I don't understand why we recruited all the same type of center. They're all like 6'9 and undersized for centers and to top it off don't have much skill. We need a true 7 footer both to compete against other bigs in the conference and protect the paint against driving guards.
Do you know how rare it is for someone to be 7ft tall? Those guys dont grow on trees. 1/6th of all people 7ft or taller on the planet are on active NBA rosters

Can we just put him in Yvan's uniform next year and no one make eye contact???
He needs to have an Associate's Degree in hand before he's eligible. Someone here just needs to create a webinar that's worth 15-20 credit hours. Or NU could take the Eddie Sutton route and just pay someone to take his classes.

Do you know how rare it is for someone to be 7ft tall? Those guys dont grow on trees. 1/6th of all people 7ft or taller on the planet are on active NBA rosters
Yes and there's a reason for it. Height is extremely valuable in basketball (who knew?). Most other teams in the Big 10 seem like they have no problem recruiting decent 7 footers. I don't understand why we don't at least try to go after one.

Or on the Purdue roster. How do they reel in a 7 footer every year?

Reactions: oldjar07
I guess I was wrong about Wood. This might open a spot for Saint Thomas? I guess Coach Matt recently followed him and his Mom on Twitter. Gotta find a point guard, though, and a true Center would be nice.
I guess I nailed it. Dude wants to play and I don't blame him. He looked like a walk on out there IMO. Good luck to him. NOW we need to find a 6'9-10" beef eater to replace Yvan. Please let him be a guy who can make a 15 foot jumper and a free throw.

Reactions: nwualum
Yes and there's a reason for it. Height is extremely valuable in basketball (who knew?). Most other teams in the Big 10 seem like they have no problem recruiting decent 7 footers. I don't understand why we don't at least try to go after one.
I'm going to go way out on a limb and say Fred's gone after 7-footers. And if by "most" you mean at least 7 of the other 13 teams in the Big Ten have a legitimate 7-footer who can play, I'd love to hear who they are.

I'm to the point where it's not worth it to me anymore to even know who's on the team, because they'll probably be gone by the time I get accustomed to the names. Kind of sad.

Reactions: oldjar07
I'm to the point where it's not worth it to me anymore to even know who's on the team, because they'll probably be gone by the time I get accustomed to the names. Kind of sad.
Meh. Arop and Wood weren't playing and Yvan wasn't playing much either at the end of the year. The nucleus is still here. For normal rosters you would usually lose 3 guys every year to graduation. We lost them to transfer. Kind of wondering if Thor will be back or if he'll go try to play in Europe.

Gotta go get TYTY! Not only a 4* kid, but he spurned cu. I already like him.

Gotta beat out Illinois, Kentucky, KU, Duke, and many others! I look for him to be Ayo's replacement at Illinois.

Last edited:
Speaking of big guys (and no he's not a 7 footer), John Harrar from PSU just entered the portal. And he's a graduate transfer! I would absolutely love this guy on our roster. He's exactly the big banger who can score that we never have. I love Walker and Andre has tremendous potential, but a guy like Harrar would really help. So in conclusion, I'm sure we either don't want him or have no chance to get him.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Speaking of big guys (and no he's not a 7 footer), John Harrar from PSU just entered the portal. And he's a graduate transfer! I would absolutely love this guy on our roster. He's exactly the big banger who can score that we never have. I love Walker and Andre has tremendous potential, but a guy like Harrar would really help. So in conclusion, I'm sure we either don't want him or have no chance to get him.
Arent all transfers immediately eligible this year?

Yes I agree he’d be a good get

Arent all transfers immediately eligible this year?

Yes I agree he’d be a good get
I don't know the exact details. I thought the rule hadn't passed yet but it's basically a foregone conclusion? I'm probably wrong.

EDIT: one-time transfer rule vote delayed: https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sport...cle_002127fc-05ec-5c09-ac8f-9b801c2b9723.html

DOUBLE EDIT: I just realized the one-time transfer rule probably isn't what you were talking about. I guess I was forgetting that there is a special exception for 2020-21?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I think he'll do well as a bench guy that can come in and make some shots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT