ADVERTISEMENT

YouTube TV and Husker games....?

Suh is King

Junior
Jul 20, 2009
Has anyone in the Omaha/Lincoln area tried to watch Husker games? any blackout issues? Currently evaluating streaming options...

Has anyone in the Omaha/Lincoln area tried to watch Husker games? any blackout issues? Currently evaluating streaming options...

As long as you have the channel broadcasting the game on your YouTube subscription, then you won't have any issues.

Keep in mind the games in 2018 will only be on a few channels:

FOX - This is over the AIR in Omaha/LINCOLN with just an Antenna if needed.
FS1 - Will need this channel on your Package
BTN - Ditto about the sports package
ABC Over the AIR.

picture has always been great, over a year I just had to reboot my nivida shield pro, 2 times

Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead with trial and will be sticking with it. Very pleased thus far. Also seems (in my limited exposure) to have a better movie selection than Netflix which was an added bonus. My primary criteria was/is live sports. Watched some preseason NFL and was happy with the stream quality.

I used Youube TV all last year with no problems and Playatstion Vue the year before that. You save $10 per month with Youtube.

I also used Hulu TV for a while, which may not be available for meant of you. I chose not to stick with it because I couldn’t skip commercials with love recorded shows, which is dumb.

I plan on getting YouTube TV again here in a couple weeks.

I used Youube TV all last year with no problems and Playatstion Vue the year before that. You save $10 per month with Youtube.

I also used Hulu TV for a while, which may not be available for meant of you. I chose not to stick with it because I couldn’t skip commercials with love recorded shows, which is dumb.

I went with PS Vue. Haven’t tried YouTube. What are your thoughts on the two? I initially tried sling but the channels were too restrictive and PS Vue is way better (even with the added cost)

Of those, I liked YouTube TV the most.
Far more on demand options than Vue, with a better price.
Hulu is also an okay alternative, but Sling really didn’t have the selection I’d want.

Just as an FYI for anyone with YoutubeTV. The channels you get depend on the GPS location of the phone or device through which you are casting the stream. Download "Fake GPS" and you can set your GPS location on your device to anywhere in the U.S.A. Avoids any blackouts by location of any game. Also allows you to watch local channels and sports all around the country that normally aren't in your area. Google is aware of this workaround, and they are OK with it - I had a conversation with a tech over the phone and he says it's a common tool people use - Google doesn't care who watches what from where, the GPS is just to hopefully get everyone the correct local content that they assume they'll want.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
Just as an FYI for anyone with YoutubeTV. The channels you get depend on the GPS location of the phone or device through which you are casting the stream. Download "Fake GPS" and you can set your GPS location on your device to anywhere in the U.S.A. Avoids any blackouts by location of any game. Also allows you to watch local channels and sports all around the country that normally aren't in your area. Google is aware of this workaround, and they are OK with it - I had a conversation with a tech over the phone and he says it's a common tool people use - Google doesn't care who watches what from where, the GPS is just to hopefully get everyone the correct local content that they assume they'll want.

Hasn’t been an issue for me yet but I’m guessing this doesn’t work with a Roku or AppleTv? Could be useful if I run into a time where the Nebraska game is out of market for me

I went with PS Vue. Haven’t tried YouTube. What are your thoughts on the two? I initially tried sling but the channels were too restrictive and PS Vue is way better (even with the added cost)
Hasn’t been an issue for me yet but I’m guessing this doesn’t work with a Roku or AppleTv? Could be useful if I run into a time where the Nebraska game is out of market for me

How have you liked having the cord cut? We are looking heavily into it, but just a little nervous of how it will actually be.

Sony tried to warn me against it on Vue or suspend service. I’m glad YouTube doesn’t care as much.

Reactions: tpmcg
We’re on 2 years without dish. As long as you have strong internet, it’s pretty great.

Do you use Roku, Playstation, Apple Tv, an alternative? We are thinking about Apple TV since everything we have is Apple, but curious what would be best. We have smart TV's that we already use a Amazon Prime on, but just trying to find the best option.

FireTV and DirecTVNow here on Denver...its awesome, all locals, ESPN, Big 10 Network, Fox Sports...only thing I dont like is not rewinding live tv and the DVR is fairly lame. But pic quality is good, never buffers.

Do you use Roku, Playstation, Apple Tv, an alternative? We are thinking about Apple TV since everything we have is Apple, but curious what would be best. We have smart TV's that we already use a Amazon Prime on, but just trying to find the best option.

I have a Roku stick and an older Apple TV. The Roku stick is better but I haven’t tried the new Apple TV that let’s you use the App Store to add channels. Downside to the Apple is cost. It’s like 3x what I paid for the Roku.

Cord cutting depends on what you tend to watch. I like it and don’t know if I’ll ever go back to cable but everything I watch is available on lower tier streaming services. I couple that with Netflix and I’m good to go. Costs about $50/month for everything. The interface is great. Most channels have their own app that will let you watch movies and shows on demand. PS Vue has a good free dvr. I don’t miss cable but again I think it’s only worth it for those that want less channels and to use Hulu/Netflix/amazon services

Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead with trial and will be sticking with it. Very pleased thus far. Also seems (in my limited exposure) to have a better movie selection than Netflix which was an added bonus. My primary criteria was/is live sports. Watched some preseason NFL and was happy with the stream quality.

I didn't know Youtube tv has movies as well. Are they free movies or are they at a discounted price? I have youtube tv, I dont watch much tv :)

I had no problems with Vue. They increased the price $5-10 to get the Big Ten Network since then. But if you're happy with their channel offerings for the additional cost over YouTube, then go for it.

I have it on 2 Roku boxes. Roku premiere and Roku 4. I’m sure the newest models work even better.

ADVERTISEMENT