ADVERTISEMENT

Youtube Channel for football season

NebChicago

Senior
Oct 14, 2009
Just cut chord b/c we were paying $250/month for 2 boxes (Comcast).
Don't miss cable at all (NetFlix/AmazonPrime w/HBO have plenty of stuff).
But come football season I was considering getting this new YouTube Channel that provide access to B10 Network, ESPN, and other channels. $40/month. Can just do it for football season.

Any one have it yet? Reviews? Guidance?

Reactions: Bremser
I’ve done YouTube TV and PlayStation Vue for football season. I also used Hulu’s subscription service for a while. Did not like Hulu because you couldn’t skip commercials, even on recorded shows. I preferred the channel offerings on Vue, but you can’t go wrong with any of them in my opinion. Most let you use the service free for a month and cancelling is simply a matter of clicking a button in the settings interface. Try them all and see which you prefer.

Reactions: HawkeyeinOmaha
I just listen to the games on webradio and then watch the replay of the game when it is posted on YouTube...usually the next day
Wait, you mean the entire game is uploaded on to YouTube the next day?
Is there a particular poster that does that, that I should be subscribing to? I thought that violated the B1G policy?

I’ve done YouTube TV and PlayStation Vue for football season. I also used Hulu’s subscription service for a while. Did not like Hulu because you couldn’t skip commercials, even on recorded shows. I preferred the channel offerings on Vue, but you can’t go wrong with any of them in my opinion. Most let you use the service free for a month and cancelling is simply a matter of clicking a button in the settings interface. Try them all and see which you prefer.

I did YouTube tv... it was fine but no shows for my lady... I was paying 120/month satellite, whenever my free 2 weeks with YouTube tv were up I called to cancel my sat service, that’s when they offered me for 52 per month.

The trick I learned in all this is DONT call customer service, call to cancel and that’s when you’ll get someone based in America and deals are made.. in fact the guy I was talking stated as much, he recommmended when my free year of hbo is up just call the same number and they’ll give it free again.

So now I’m enjoying satellite with all the channels... PSA for me canceling YouTube tv was ridiculously hard, they make it seem simple but it wasn’t for me at all!!!!!

Wait, you mean the entire game is uploaded on to YouTube the next day?
Is there a particular poster that does that, that I should be subscribing to? I thought that violated the B1G policy?
Yes. You can find the whole game on YouTube the next day or by Monday. The Huskermax site even links to it on their game page. So it must not violate B1G policy.

Reactions: saluno22
I would do the Vue thing or others for games, but after moving down here to Puerto Rico, none of that stuff is available. Programming is still very dependant on locale, for some reason.

Having said that, I am addicted to youtube. I really don't watch anything else.

I would do the Vue thing or others for games, but after moving down here to Puerto Rico, none of that stuff is available. Programming is still very dependant on locale, for some reason.

Having said that, I am addicted to youtube. I really don't watch anything else.
I am a cord cutter too. And services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime get old after a while. So I spend hours on YouTube watching the most inane and arcane shit. It is addictive!

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Youtube, Twitch.tv, forums and gaming.
I'd rather watch people play/talk about video games/sports/etc than the crap TV networks talk about
Sick
I'll go with door #3: Not watch either.

That's the problem with having so many channels: They need content and we end up with the crap we have today. (Well, not specifically today, The Masters is on... but in general...)

However, that is the beauty of on-demand content: Watch what you want, when you want, how you want (for the most part).

Sick
I'll go with door #3: Not watch either.

That's the problem with having so many channels: They need content and we end up with the crap we have today. (Well, not specifically today, The Masters is on... but in general...)

However, that is the beauty of on-demand content: Watch what you want, when you want, how you want (for the most part).
That's the best thing. You can add/drop packages month-to-month without contract fees. I know a few people who cancel after football season is over

Reactions: saluno22
Yes. You can find the whole game on YouTube the next day or by Monday. The Huskermax site even links to it on their game page. So it must not violate B1G policy.
Wow, learned something new today. We're thinking about cutting cable but my only concern was how I was going to get my Husker fix for Spring Game & Sep-Jan. Looks like YouTube TV might be that answer for me.

I sub to Vue. Get a crapload of sports networks. Between that, YouTube, Reddit links and OTA there's not much I can't see. I also store an insane amount of media and host it on my home server. It is readily accessable via Plex on all my devices (HTPC, FireTV, tablets, smartphones). I find myself watching less and less of Vue, but my wife loves it. I value the $40-50 a month I'm saving after unbundling cable TV from my internet.

Idk how this will go over, but 123 you can find a watch. Reddit has a sub for it.

I haven't had cable for years. I just watch through a steady internet connection and some trusty websites...

ADVERTISEMENT