ADVERTISEMENT

Youth today = Experience Tomorrow

red rover 70

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2011
For all the negative people out there you do realize we're gonna be loaded next year. I'm so excited for the future of Husker Nation!

Reactions: Tulsa Tom
how exactly are we going to be loaded? which players on the roster will be NFL caliber players?

how exactly are we going to be loaded? which players on the roster will be NFL caliber players?

T Newby
Carter
Devine
Moore
Westerkamp
Collins
Valentine
Freedom
Rose-Ivey
M Newby
Banderas
DPI
Foltz

Also returning are the likes of Tommy, Gerry, Riley and others.

My larger point before the NFL question is damn near all of our starter and major contributors will be back.

I honestly think the guys listed could sign as a free agent or make a practice squad. Nobody asked about all-pro! RollingLaugh

For all the negative people out there you do realize we're gonna be loaded next year. I'm so excited for the future of Husker Nation!

One of the most optimistic posters I have ever seen. Good for you RR70!

sunshinepump.gif

Reactions: timnsun
One of the most optimistic posters I have ever seen. Good for you RR70!

sunshinepump.gif

If we can get health and stay health can you imagine that front 7 attacking an offense???

And our playmakers on offense should be rolling up the yards and points. It's all about coaching and correctly motivating your players.

What should also make things better is that Ohio State's QBs will have another year under Beck, which means they should all regress even more. By next year Urban may not start any of them (he may go all wildcat) since he seems to have trouble picking one this year.

What should also make things better is that Ohio State's QBs will have another year under Beck, which means they should all regress even more. By next year Urban may not start any of them (he may go all wildcat) since he seems to have trouble picking one this year.

Great point! RollingLaugh

T Newby No
Carter Not likely
Devine too early to say
Moore possibly as a UFA
Westerkamp same as moore
Collins ok
Valentine maybe, if he stays healthy
Freedom too early to say
Rose-Ivey no basis to evaluate
M Newby too early to say
Banderas NO
DPI ok
Foltz possibly as a UFA

either way, this roster isn't one that will ever be described by someone impartial as loaded.

T Newby
Carter
Devine
Moore
Westerkamp
Collins
Valentine
Freedom
Rose-Ivey
M Newby
Banderas
DPI
Foltz

Collins will give a hard look at the draft next year. Depends if he listens to Kaz or Riley/Banker/Hughes.

My take on the NFL potential:

T Newby No
Carter Maybe, likely No
Devine unknown
Moore Maybe
Westerkamp Yes
Collins Yes
Valentine Yes
Freedom Maybe
Rose-Ivey Unknown
M Newby Unknown
Banderas Unknown
DPI Yes
Foltz Maybe, I lean Yes

Tommy No
Gerry No
Riley No

Going to add Alex Lewis Yes
Janovich Yes

I thought the previous staff left us with no talent, and now they are all future NFL players? .
Everybody say, "They ain't worth a lick."
When it comes to talent, they got the short end of the stick.
But these guys are young, man, they just don't care.
They'll follow Mikey anywhere...

Mike's in love with the talent
And when they decide to do it Mikey's way
He'll put them in the NFL someday.

I thought the previous staff left us with no talent, and now they are all future NFL players? .

As Howard Griffith said we have talent.
I've said all along the coaching was horrible under Pelini. And we are really thin in spots. Remember these players are coming back next year... hence the word young.

Last edited:
A lot of these guys have been hurt and younger guys have been playing in their place.

My take on the NFL potential:

T Newby No
Carter Maybe, likely No
Devine unknown
Moore Maybe
Westerkamp Yes
Collins Yes
Valentine Yes
Freedom Maybe
Rose-Ivey Unknown
M Newby Unknown
Banderas Unknown
DPI Yes
Foltz Maybe, I lean Yes

Tommy No
Gerry No
Riley No

Going to add Alex Lewis Yes
Janovich Yes

The potential NFL guys that are returning are listed in a row. The three listed below are a no but are returning. I didn't list seniors.

The only one i feel is a reach is T Newby. And that's because his YAC is non existent. He has everything else.

If we have 13 folks drafted after next year, Mike Riley is probably getting a pretty serious contract extension.

Great thread. That's why its exciting to see if we can improve on what we are doing this year, to go into next year.

I think we can still win the B1G west if we go undefeated the remainder of the year. With an Iowa loss and some how Wisky loses 2 more games. Man that Illinois loss sucks.

Your excitement is based upon the assumption that our youth matures and develops into quality talent. I am also excited about the youth, because we sure haven't seen much from this year's team to be excited about.

Great thread. That's why its exciting to see if we can improve on what we are doing this year, to go into next year.

I think we can still win the B1G west if we go undefeated the remainder of the year. With an Iowa loss and some how Wisky loses 2 more games. Man that Illinois loss sucks.

I can see improvement, but I don't see a West title. Too much has to happen with Iowa and Wisky. I think we are the toughest team left on Iowa's schedule, so they'd really have to screwup.

Hopefully the pressure of being undefeated gets to Iowa, and they lose one. Then it comes down to our showdown in Lincoln.

Wisky's schedule may be easier than Iowa's. They are the ones who need to lose 2 more games.

We just need iowa to lose one and we win tie breaker and of course we would need to win out. Havent looked at Wisky schedule if 2 more loses is likely or not?

Back to tapping the brakes. Does anyone honestly see us winning out the remainder of the season. Just want a win on Saturday vs NW and move on to the next game. Road games are a major concern due to matchups. Purdue and Rutgers both can sling the ball which presents issues for this team.

The only one i feel is a reach is T Newby. And that's because his YAC is non existent. He has everything else.

His decision making is poor as well which doesn't excite me much. It's common that he hesitates and misses an opportunity to hit a hole or he chooses the worst lane available.

Back to tapping the brakes. Does anyone honestly see us winning out the remainder of the season. Just want a win on Saturday vs NW and move on to the next game. Road games are a major concern due to matchups. Purdue and Rutgers both can sling the ball which presents issues for this team.

I think its possible, but not likely. I'm at a "one game at a time" mentality.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I love our offense next year. 1 full year of MR, the players are more accustomed to everything & we have some really good talent coming back.
TA will be a senior(And IMO will really be pushed by POB)
Newby
Stevenson
Westerstache
DPE
Ozigbo
Wilbon
Alonzo Moore
Morgan jr
Reilly
And that's just the skill positions.

I love our offense next year. 1 full year of MR, the players are more accustomed to everything & we have some really good talent coming back.
Newby
Stevenson
Westerstache
DPE
Ozigbo
Wilbon
Alonzo Moore
Morgan jr
Reilly

Exactly why I'm so excited.
And add the front of Collins, Valentine, Freedom, Rose-Ivey, Bandares and M Newby and it's very exciting times.

Reactions: sparky62
Hopefully the pressure of being undefeated gets to Iowa, and they lose one. Then it comes down to our showdown in Lincoln.

Wisky's schedule may be easier than Iowa's. They are the ones who need to lose 2 more games.

The weekend of the Michigan State game Iowa plays @ Minnesota. Wisconsin is a little bit more of a stretch. The need two more losses. They have three games that could make it interesting. @Illinois, Northwestern and @Minnesota. Will it happen... probably not. But if they get a loss at Illinois then it's gonna get really interesting.

Reactions: sparky62
The weekend of the Michigan State game Iowa plays @ Minnesota. Wisconsin is a little bit more of a stretch. The need two more losses. They have three games that could make it interesting. @Illinois, Northwestern and @Minnesota. Will it happen... probably not. But if they get a loss at Illinois then it's gonna get really interesting.

I don't see Iowa losing to Minnesota, unless the loss of Ott just destroys their run D.

Newby
Stevenson
Westerstache
DPE
Ozigbo
Wilbon
Alonzo Moore
Morgan jr
Reilly

There's really only two concerns I have about POB. He is not a statue, but he's probably athletically superior to most defenders he will face in HS, but I'm not sure if his mobility will be as big an advantage as a frosh in D1 or if he's going to need a little more serviceable OL to be effective. If he displays an ability to create and/or escape at the D1 level, he should be fine until we get the OL rolling. And the normal business about frosh's penchant for turning the ball over.

I have been excited about next year since the first quarter of the byu game.

I don't see Iowa losing to Minnesota, unless the loss of Ott just destroys their run D.

The thing is Kill and his staff are damn good coaches. They will have their players in position to succeed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT