ADVERTISEMENT

You're getting a National Championship coaching staff!

knightraveler

Aug 20, 2014
No ill will here. Scott Frost did more than anyone ever expected in a short period of time. He deserves to go back to his school. We all know it was a painful decision. It will be interesting if he can do for Nebraska what he did for UCF in such a short period of time. As far as I'm concerned we have as much right as be National Champions as anyone else. I'm looking forward to buying one of the shirts that say that much. Good luck.

No ill will here. Scott Frost did more than anyone ever expected in a short period of time. He deserves to go back to his school. We all know it was a painful decision. It will be interesting if he can do for Nebraska what he did for UCF in such a short period of time. As far as I'm concerned we have as much right as be National Champions as anyone else. I'm looking forward to buying one of the shirts that say that much. Good luck.
Classy post and appreciate the sentiments. You guys looked great today, and I hope the players keep the edge they played with moving forward.

Best team in Florida bar none. Refreshing to say that. :)

Great season knight traveler. Like Boise a few years back. Just remember the greatness!

Hats off to a great team today!

GBR

Reactions: Sinomatic
Congratulations. Unfortunately, your record anywhere else, you would/should be NC yourselves. Great game and great team. Best wishes for UCF future. You guys deserve to at least be in the talk of top 5

It sucks and I really feel for the players and fans. Put all their heart in to the games to achieve the impossible only to come away so empty handed...but i believe this will have a positive effect for all of cfb. Hopefully expanded playoff to give teams like UCF a better shot.

Great post! And I’ll just add that I think UCF has legit beef to say they should have been in the playoff. Fantastic season! So excited for Coach Frost, both today for his win and his team, and for the future and his new team and this great program. Go Knights, GBR!!!!!!

Reactions: Boston.Knight
It's too bad and strange that fbs college football doesn't decide it's true Champion on the field...maybe someday. Congrats on a great season and a very special bowl victory.

Your first national championship came after beating a 3 loss #5 team.
Very poor comparison. NU only played 2 top 5 teams that year winning one and drawing away at USC. They beat 2 other top 20 teams that year but were never in the national title race getting no higher than 3. Both ohio state and texas getting embarassed in their bowl games.

I love this UCF team and this coaching staff, and of all the stories around the UCF team this year; Shaquem, Frost leaving, the undefeated season, this segment about Rory Coleman may be my favorite. What a season and best of luck to Coach Frost and Nebraska in the future!

Reactions: timnsun
I would say count it as a National Championship!
Make T-Shirts, Put up signs around the stadium, put a trophy in the case. Who cares..... Years ago there used to be numerous teams claim a title each year. I would milk this for all its worth. Get some gear UCF! Have fun with it. Nattys dont come around often. GBR

We should all be in this together. :)

Best of luck next year.

Thanks. Should be a interesting/fun year for both our teams. I think Heupel and his staff will do well with the players. It's going to be hard for him to repeat what Frost did this season. Hard act to follow. Hopefully our fans won't be too harsh if doesn't go undefeated or with 1 to 2 losses. Same way with your team. Give Frost some time. He had a lot of talent and speed when he got to UCF. They just were not coached very well. Good luck.

Reactions: RiLLLLLLLLey
Big fan of the best 8 win/loss FBS records in the playoff, forget conference championships. Round robins w/ no marshmallow FCS scheduling late in the season. No screwing around, no fancy titles rewarding a 3 loss team an auto bid.

If you get caught cheating you forfeit the rights to 3 home games a year and give them to your opposition that lost to you in the same time frame....if your cheating spanned a period of 6 years and is verifiable,..that is 3 games a year for 6 years....in addition the offending university pays for 3 scholarships to each opponent program that lost to the offending program. Plus a 3 scholarship reduction per team the offending program beat over the verifiable offending period.

Best team wins, not the most shiesty.

Reactions: davecisar
Yeah, I was really impressed with ol' Frosty and staff for this ball game. Chins checked out mentally the prior two games, but they had the kids ready for this ball game.

A lot of the great coaching manifests itself in ways largely unseen. The fact that we were able to neutralize Auburn's line is a true credit to the coaching staff.

Reactions: Sinomatic
I was happy for UCF and the players that they were able to pull off an impressive win. Fun game to watch. Surprised that the defense in particular was able to take it to Auburn. Obviously Auburn is no slouch having previously beat playoff teams.

Reactions: blackbones
Nebraska has had five undefeated seasons in which they were not national champions: 1902, 1903, 1913, 1914, and 1915. Between 1912 and 1916, the Cornhuskers played 34 consecutive games without suffering a loss...Wiki

The 1902 team was in my opinion exceptional in that they weren't even scored on all season!

Would be nice to repeat 1902

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT