ADVERTISEMENT

Your first car/truck

74 LTD. Not sure how much oil that car burned and leaked. year in the reverse went out. The Marines say the learn how to adapt and overcome. They got nothing on a 16 year old with no money to replace a tranny.

1980 something Chrysler New Yorker. White with maroon interior.

It was in fantastic shape until I raced it down 84th street in Lincoln. It was corn fields there back then. I won the race but the engine was knocking after that. I had it 8 months haha

Got an 89 Cavalier Z-24 in 95 when I was 15 (shortly before my 16th birthday).

My parents figured it would be a better investment than the semi yearly parade of "new" cars my brother got.

In high school, 1969 Ford Gran Torino. Out of high school, living in the UK in the early 80's, 1969 Ford Cortina 1600E, dark blue, black vinyl top. They had 1600E clubs the car was so popular over there. It was a great little car that took me all over England.

6bb1dd119466464101a3c0b71fe22c7e.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the 1973 Pontiac Bonneville 4 door Sedan!

Reactions: viewfromthebooth
Man how did some of you convince your parents to get a muscle car. My first car was a POS 89 Toyota Tercel. That car sucked.

Reactions: Can o' corn
Man how did some of you convince your parents to get a muscle car. My first car was a POS 89 Toyota Tercel. That car sucked.

Bought mine with money I earned myself mowing yards for years..it was pretty hard to say no to me when I didn't ask for their financial help buying it. Plus, back then they weren't muscle cars, they were just cars.

1976 Monte Carlo with swivel seats... The photo in the link I am posting, but with air shocks and mag wheels.

https://i.wheelsage.org/pictures/c/chevrolet/monte_carlo/chevrolet_monte_carlo_landau_coupe_1.jpg

I had a bronze '74...I backed into a kids car at school, denting both, I immediately went home and started repairing the dent and painted it (red, of course) in case there were any witness's. "What, a bronze Monte, never heard of it, how do you like my red one"?....Tru story

First car was a 79 cutlass with the Hurst olds w-30 package. Had the rocket 350 and never lost a race! My dads baby at that time was a 70 442 that was was in showroom quality! When we were young he would tape money to the dash and tell us if we could get it before 3rd gear we could have it. I never got it!

1972 Dodge Demon, 225 Slant Six with the cool tail lights not those crappy ones like on the Duster.

images

Mine never looked this good and rusted out completely, eventually one of the torsion bars busted lose from the frame.

Still have a warm spot for the model.

Go Blue!

I graduated from high school in 1962 when I was 17. Had to wait till I was 1963 to work at Chrysler Corp. Borrowed money from my dad with understanding NO racing. Which I didn't the TRUTH

1982 DeLorean. Never got chicks, but this eccentric old guy with gray straggly hair always wanted to bum a ride..

1986 Cutlass Ciera. The Nun-mobile. Got it from a church in Omaha where one of the sisters had put it into drive instead of reverse
The thing shook on the interstate at 55-60MPH
maxresdefault.jpg

Had the iron 4 cylinder
I passed it along to my sister who promptly totaled it within a year of having it

My own first car was a 71 Chevelle. No hot rod version. Standard with a 327. Before I bought that I got to drive my Grandma’s hand me down 59 Chrysler, aka bat mobile. Had push button shifter. Was a tank.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT