ADVERTISEMENT

Your first car/truck

'85 F-150, 300 "Big Six" 4x4, 4 speed top loader w/ granny low 1st, manually locking hubs.

1981 pontiac phoenix.. hatch back which I obviously used for my house speaker to bump beastie boys.. yeah i know.. super cool

When I was 15 I bought a '71 Firebird that I restored..Ripped the dash out to fix an air duct issue, pulled seats out and had a company re-do em, put in new carpet, painted it bright effing red. Kept the stock ralleye wheels but got new center caps cause they were huge and stuck out and easy to damage. So here I am at the age of 15 with a kick ass Firebird and not old enough to even get a license...I paid a single lady down the street who didn't have a car to let me store it in her garage till my 16th birthday and as far as my parents knew I didn't sneak it out almost daily and drive the shit out of it till my birthday...

Zero thusfar, but I have had to jump out of the truck to lock the hubs many times.
I hear ya. I heard in Gage County Ne that kids were issued tickets for destroying county property, they were 4 wheeling down dirt roads. Gee that was a right of passage around here if you could drive the muddy road without getting stuck you made the fraternity

Reactions: cornhustler
Be honest now, how many girls?

One day my mother stopped to talk to me as I came in from an outing. She say, "All you ever do is sleep, eat and go out." I said to mom, "I know..." with a big grin on my face. The little window in time where you had a lot of freedom and little responsibility. That didn't last long enough. Turns out mom was right.

One day my mother stopped to talk to me as I came in from an outing. She say, "All you ever do is sleep, eat and go out." I said to mom, "I know..." with a big grin on my face. The little window in time where you had a lot of freedom and little responsibility. That didn't last long enough. Turns out mom was right.
Isn’t that the truth, I know I remember something dad told me a number of years ago, dam it he was right again now it’s beyond the grave

1971 Mach 1 Mustang, Bright Grabber Yellow Black racing stripes, 351 Cleveland 4 speed 4.11 gears.
Felt fast to me, how I never got busted racing is beyond me. Got busted cruising Dodge way back in the day

When I was 13 and my brother 15 ('87ish) my Dad bought. a'72 Nova rally sport that was intended for us to share. It was low miles and pretty damn sweet. My brother turned 16 and piled it in a ditch, totaled before I ever got a chance to drive it. I found another Nova for $300 and I spent the summer building one out of two. Swapped the engine, put in a muncie 4 speed. It was kind of a shitbox compared to the one that got wrecked, but I've been building cars ever since.

My neighbor had that car. It was powder blue and he ragged that transmission out like any dumb high schooler would do.
Nice. Mine was darker blue with white vinyl top. I think that gas tank was 29 gallons! Had air shocks in the back, but those were well countered by the regular tires and spoked hub caps.

A twelve year old 1964 Dodge Polara. It was a 318 automatic. I bought it from an elderly in-law relative who bought it new and babied it. Almost immediately stuff started breaking and nine months in it threw a rod and the the engine froze. It happened after I crossed the bridge into Bellevue. I abandoned it on the side of the road right there on Mission Ave. in what is now a park. I always resented the guy who sold it to me, even though it wasn't his fault, it was just a lemon. Moral of the story, never buy a car from a relative. If it breaks, you can have family problems.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Based on all the cars being mentioned in this thread...I am starting to feel really young again.

giphy.gif

Boy, some of you guys had some serious rides, Dodge Challengers, Chargers, Mach 1's, Plymouth Sports Fury, Cutlass Supreme's. Awesome!
My challenger wasn’t original someone took out the 440 six pack and put in a 383 with a Holley double barrel carb but it did have 4:11 positraction it still would get up and go.

‘93 Jeep Cherokee. 4 door. Inline 5. She had way too much torque for a 15 year old.

After that got smashed (a drunk driver ran a red light and I smoked her), I strutted my stuff in the sweetest ‘94 Grand Voyager forest green mini van. She was incredible. We would take all the seats out and fit 15 people in it. Man we were dumb. Dumb but fun.

Reactions: bigboxes
ADVERTISEMENT