ADVERTISEMENT

Your favorite local radio guys...

JohnRossEwing

Assistant Head Coach
Jul 4, 2013
I can't remember the names of the Lincoln radio guys so maybe some of you can fill those in but the Omaha ones...

Benning
Vrzal
Bishop
Bahe
Sharpe
Peterson

Any that I am missing?

Who do you guys prefer?

I can't remember the names of the Lincoln radio guys so maybe some of you can fill those in but the Omaha ones...

Benning
Vrzal
Bishop
Bahe
Sharpe
Peterson

Any that I am missing?

Who do you guys prefer?
You forgot Mike'l Severe

def with you on Benning and Vrzal

not a fan of Bishop & Bahe

Reactions: dockentwo
That is right, Severe!
Sorry, those were not my rankings, I was just listing the guys I could think of.

Severe would actually be one of my favorites.

Morning show and Vrzal. Everyone else on 1620 is garbage. 590 has a nice afternoon show, I enjoy listening to them.

I enjoy listening to Sharp & Benning the most. Gary Sharp is a pro.

I also like Mike Welch out of Lincoln.

Reactions: Dean Pope
Agreed on Sharp and Benning. They have a solid show and I could see their careers take off in the future. However, because Damon is involved in Omaha youth and high school football I think he'll stay--but he is a talented radio mind.

I don't mind Nick Bahe mid-day, I enjoy listening to his take on basketball--and sometimes football.

Sharpe & Benning are #1 for sure in the area, after that I enjoy Joe Quinn & nick handley on 590. Don't listen to too much after that. Nick Gregath in Lincoln is alright but I don't hear him much anymore since he moved to the morning show

Afternoon show on 1620 is pretty bad....I like Bahe for the most part. He doesn't take criticism very well though. His producer is a huge dbag and Husker hater. I do like Sharpe and Benning...by far the best show on 1620.

Reactions: HuskerO
Afternoon show on 1620 is pretty bad....I like Bahe for the most part. He doesn't take criticism very well though. His producer is a huge dbag and Husker hater. I do like Sharpe and Benning...by far the best show on 1620.
Yeah, that probably sums it up for me too.

I like Sharpe and Benning. Like Bahe. John Bishop can do with out. KFAB is hard to listen to. Jim Rose can go faraway.

Benning
Vrzal
Bishop
Bahe
Sharpe
Peterson

Any that I am missing?

Who do you guys prefer?

I'm no talk radio critic, but I know what I hate. And I hate Josh Peterson and John Bishop. I hate Josh Peterson for most of his opinions, which are ill informed and off the mark. I hate John Bishop for his annoying bursts of false excitement and fake anger.

As far as the positive, I've always liked Gary Sharpe from his days of criticism of Smiling Steve Pederson before it apparently was safe to do so (lost his job). Benning is good as long as he isn't allowed to interview anyone.

Afternoon show on 1620 is pretty bad....I like Bahe for the most part. He doesn't take criticism very well though. His producer is a huge dbag and Iowa Fan. I do like Sharpe and Benning...by far the best show on 1620.

FIFY and I tend to agree with everything else. Bishop and Peterson are just not good

Benning
Vrzal
Bishop
Bahe
Sharpe
Peterson

Any that I am missing?

Who do you guys prefer?

I like the morning guy on KVNO 90.7

I like Benning and Sharp. Benning does a nice job of talking about the good old days, without going overboard, he talks HS sports well, and does enough technical stuff that not a lot of others can do. He is a very good mix.

The afternoon show on 1620 and 590 are alright. I switch back and forth depending on commercial breaks and/or topics.

Bahe is so bad. He tries way too hard to be funny (and fails) and he always thinks he has some hot take which is usually completely obvious or utterly ridiculous. If you put a radio show on with Bahe and Sipple, ran it on a 24 hour loop and forced me to listen, it would be my hell.

Bahe is so bad. He tries way too hard to be funny (and fails) and he always thinks he has some hot take which is usually completely obvious or utterly ridiculous. If you put a radio show on with Bahe and Sipple, ran it on a 24 hour loop and forced me to listen, it would be my hell.
Thank you! I can't stand Nick Bahe. He can be so ignorant, he's never wrong, and he thinks he's hilarious. He thinks he's some Nebraska expert and he frequently mocks people that that call in and disagree with him. On 1620 I'd go Sharp & Benning, USC, then infomercials or NBC sports or whatever they run overnight, then silence, then literally anything else, then Bahe. I wouldn't mind Bahe so much if he stuck to covering Creighton and hoops, but some of his thoughts and opinions about football are asinine. His opinion of himself is so obviously inflated. Just can't stand him, and I hope he gets replaced. I normally listen to 1620 from about 7 AM to 5 PM 5 days a week, but I turn it off from 11-2.

Speaking of Benning, if he sharpened his skills just a little more I could see him making the regional or national circuit (preferably talking football, some of his NBA/hockey/soccer/misc discussions are a little off but still above average). He's really a treasure for this market with his history at NU an added perk. Really hope he hangs around for a while, but I could see him getting a better gig sometime soon (he very well may have already had offers).

ADVERTISEMENT