• I'm younger than 40 and still thinking about getting vaccinated

• I'm younger than 40 and will not get vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.

HuskerGuy33

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2005
Toronto
I was just speaking with a friend of mine, and their aunt who is in her 70s refused to get vaccinated as she continued to think COVID was nothing more than the flu and nothing to worry about.

Well now, she's in a situation where she has a really bad case of COVID, and has lost her sense of taste and smell. I wonder what she thinks of her decision for not getting vaccinated now.

Hindsight is always 20/20

Husker Hank

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2009
42, 2nd dose coming May 8.

Excited to be done. After that will not distance or mask unless required by local ordinances or private business rules.
I'm way older than you, wont be vaccinated, and only wear a mask at Menards, and because of their corporate mask policy, only go there when that is my only option to get what I need.

I'm happy that pretty much everyone who wants the shots can get them or already has..

Gonzo3705

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2006
The Bay or the Sierras
I'm way older than you, wont be vaccinated, and only wear a mask at Menards, and because of their corporate mask policy, only go there when that is my only option to get what I need.

I'm happy that pretty much everyone who wants the shots can get them or already has..
If Mendards is the only place you run into with this policy, you are not getting out much.

Reactions: HuskerGuy33

1001yardguy

Walk On
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2008
I'm under 40 and received my first shot about two weeks ago. It's pretty difficult to find an opening in Portland. I just looked and there isn't a Safeway or Walgreens that has an appointment opening within 30 miles of me.

jw.3

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2013

hankster at your size (a frail 108 lbs) you would be better off getting the shot, bud. a slight breeze would knock you over. you haven't packed a single pound onto your frame since you and I were grapple-mates on the sweaty mats.

gcadays99

Walk On
Sep 7, 2005
Just booked flights for September after hearing the EU will allow fully vaxxed Americans starting this summer. Can. Not. Wait.
That's great news. Had booked flights to Italy at end of September, just hoping things would be some what back to normal by then.

tman_87

Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2010
Poll needs another option. That being, I would have been vaccinated but I can't for 3 months because I got Covid before my vaccination appt.

I would have been vaccinated the week before I got Covid (no, that would not have been long enough before hand to prevent me from getting Covid), but instead they cancelled my vaccination appt, and put me in line a week later to get vaccinated. I found out a day before my later vaccination appt that I was Covid positive. So maybe a blessing in disguise in that I didn't get vaccinated being either Covid positive, or a few days from being Covid positive, as either situation could lead to a much worse case of Covid. But now I have to wait until mid June to get vaccinated, which would be 90 days from my initial positive Covid test.

I want the Pfizer vaccination if possible, I think it is the best one. Will look forward to being vaccinated once I can get it.

And you don't want Covid. It is not just the common cold. 2 weeks of being really sick, terrible body aches, pretty much every symptom of Covid as advertised. Still don't have my normal oxygen levels (it's slowly improving). Just finally getting my sense of taste and smell back. Fatigue is still lingering and hits daily, and stamina (not that kind) is still not near 100%.

Am in very good shape, so it wasn't because of other health issues. My wife also got it at the same time, she is also in excellent shape/condition and very healthy, and it hit her at least as hard as it hit me, harder actually. She still can't taste or smell much, but the first two weeks hit her even worse than it hit me.

Get vaccinated if you can is the moral of the story.

Last edited:

Car&Lando

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
I'm under 40 and received my first shot about two weeks ago. It's pretty difficult to find an opening in Portland. I just looked and there isn't a Safeway or Walgreens that has an appointment opening within 30 miles of me.
Do they not automatically set your second vaccine appointment when you schedule your first? That is how every pharmacy/organization does it in Nebraska. If not, that seems like a real crappy way of doing things. They should make it as easy and accessible for people to get that second dose.

1001yardguy

Walk On
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2008
Do they not automatically set your second vaccine appointment when you schedule your first? That is how every pharmacy/organization does it in Nebraska. If not, that seems like a real crappy way of doing things. They should make it as easy and accessible for people to get that second dose.
They do. I was curious to see if it was easier to schedule the first dose now than it was for me 3-4 weeks ago.

Reactions: brdore