ADVERTISEMENT

Your comprehensive Colorado Buffaloes Preseason Update..

Shenault is terrific, but it may not matter. Their OC Johnson is literally the most conservative play caller in College Football. There are numbers which show his offenses consistently run the fewest amount of total plays because his tempo is so slow. He wants to run power. He rarely goes vertical, and doesn't really want to throw the football more than 20 to 25 times per game.

Lol......genius

In other words, it's accurate.
Actually, it isn't.

Mel Tucker (HC)- Kind of hard to have been coaching for 30+ years when he was playing for Barry Alvarez from 1990-1994. Numerous years at the college and pro levels. Has been hired by Nick Saban at every college stop Saban has made. Was DB coach for the Browns, who were actually pretty solid on the defensive side of the ball (4 seasons....5th overall in interceptions and 7th in yards allowed passing). 32-9 as a defensive coordinator for Georgia. 101-29 as an assistant at the FBS level, and coached in 160 NFL games. Probably won't be over .500 this year, but, from what I have seen from him this season against CSU and Nebraska, seems to be pretty good at halftime adjustments....better than what I have seen from Frost in 14 games.

Jay Johnson (OC)- Offensive analyst for QC for last 2 years at Georgia (24-4 record during that span). OC at Minnesota in 2016, where they went 9-4 and averaged their 3rd highest average points per game total in 70 years. OC at Louisiana-Lafayette from 2011-2015; were in top 30 in country in nearly every offensive category.

Tyson Summers (DC)- QC control guy for defense at Georgia last 2 seasons. DC at Colorado State in 2015; defense improved 30+ spots from the previous season in several categories, including from going 114th to 21st in TFL. At UCF from 2012-2014 (31-9 record during that time). Named DC in 2014; defense was in the top 10 nationally in total defense (5th), rushing defense (6th), scoring defense (9th), and red zone defense (6th), and was 11th in pass efficiency defense during the 2014 season.

I'll just stick with those 3 for now.....but if you want honest assessments, you need to look at what they did, and not so much where they did it.

Oh....and I'm not sure why anyone is trashing Ross Els: Nebraska has an OC/WR coach that was at Colorado from 2013-2015...they were not good.

Head Coach - Mel Tucker - never been a head coach in 30+ years of coaching.
Offensive Coordinator - Jay Johnson
- was the former OC at Minnesota in 2016 (only an analyst the last two seasons)
Defensive Coordinator - Tyson Summers - last tim
That coaching staff is one of the worst in the Power When mixed with their depth, it looks like the recipe for a disaster in 2019.

This analysis didn’t age very well, lol.

Which teams coaching staff were you referring to again?

As I have said all summer, this game isn't going to be close. The ONLY reason they were able to make a game of it and get the win last year was because we were game one of fixing the dumpster fire that was Mike Riley era. We put almost 600 yards of offense on them last year. The deciding factor was us screwing up. 3 turnovers and almost 100 yards in penalties. Both those areas I feel will be cleaned up more so this year.
Now combine all that with the fact they have a new HC ( which history shows usually struggle to get to .500 year 1) and a Hodge podge of assistant coaches. They have basically 2 maybe 3 weapons on offense the rest of their team is average. We out recruit them by wide margins every year, so our overall talent is far superior to theirs. I know in the game of football anything can and does happen. Plus by some accounts there could be as many as 30,000 Neb fans there. Which in their 50,000 capacity stadium would put us as the majority. On paper this looks like a blood bath in bolder.

I guess your bloodbath didn't quite come to fruition!!!!!!!!!!! LOL (GO BUFFS)

I guess your bloodbath didn't quite come to fruition!!!!!!!!!!! LOL (GO BUFFS)
We have you beat talent wise by a mile the 1st have showed the domination. Fatigue and altitude got us the 2nd half. Better team doesn't always win. It is what it is, we are on to the next game.

We have you beat talent wise by a mile the 1st have showed the domination. Fatigue and altitude got us the 2nd half. Better team doesn't always win. It is what it is, we are on to the next game.

Is Nebraska more talented on paper, yes per recruiting rankings. By a mile, I don't think so. Alabama, Clemson, etc. hell yes CU would get smoked. You did lose to CU last year as well in your house. Why are you so delusional about how good your team is?

Is Nebraska more talented on paper, yes per recruiting rankings. By a mile, I don't think so. Alabama, Clemson, etc. hell yes CU would get smoked. You did lose to CU last year as well in your house. Why are you so delusional about how good your team is?
Not delusional, I know Nebraska sucks right now. I know CU sucks right now. This game is played 20 times, we probably win 60% of them. Your team found a way to get it done, we didn't.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT