ADVERTISEMENT

Youngstown State

It is how it works. Recruiting is like any sales job where you travel. You land, you check in, you chill out, you go "work" and then you go have fun...

I mean I get what you are saying but these guys are humans, they are doods, they are people. They are not working 24/7.

I have never been in "sales" (where they travel) but I can't imagine that I would be on the road and just work the entire time. I have been to education conferences on the road before and let me tell you...the second that the conference ends...none of us are doing anything that looks like 'work"
Each industry/sales job is different. Having said that, I work in sales for a large international corporation and travel a lot. The good “sellers” are already working on their next lead/opportunity while on the current trip. Even if it’s you land, go to work/meetings, go check in, grab dinner, etc. You’re either busy with current workload and/or trying to tee up the next deals. It’s the balance of “unwinding for 1 drink” and sitting at a bar for hours hitting on a married waitress.

Which means he will be moving along soon. I think he's a good football coach but a bad head coach. He's well suited for the NFL, probably somewhere as a linebacker coach.

I think power 5 teams will go after him for a DC position (if they’re not already). Wonder if his name will surface for the new Rutgers staff? I think Schiano will be the head guy, but Bo as DC?

Each industry/sales job is different. Having said that, I work in sales for a large international corporation and travel a lot. The good “sellers” are already working on their next lead/opportunity while on the current trip. Even if it’s you land, go to work/meetings, go check in, grab dinner, etc. You’re either busy with current workload and/or trying to tee up the next deals. It’s the balance of “unwinding for 1 drink” and sitting at a bar for hours hitting on a married waitress.
How often do you travel and does it suck or do you kind of like it?

It is how it works. Recruiting is like any sales job where you travel. You land, you check in, you chill out, you go "work" and then you go have fun...

I mean I get what you are saying but these guys are humans, they are doods, they are people. They are not working 24/7.

I have never been in "sales" (where they travel) but I can't imagine that I would be on the road and just work the entire time. I have been to education conferences on the road before and let me tell you...the second that the conference ends...none of us are doing anything that looks like 'work"
The humans who work more and play less have way more success. Then later in life you get to have more fun because you have more $$ because you had more success.

The humans who work more and play less have way more success. Then later in life you get to have more fun because you have more $$ because you had more success.

Yeah but then you are old...

Youth...it is wasted on the young!

College coaches make an evil amount of money because they are supposed to sacrifice all meaningful things to win football games. Then they can justify ignoring their families, health, sanity for the good of the university, fans, and their own glory. High paying jobs often fit the same bill. The extra incentive from a high salary or bonus is an admittance that the job requires sacrifice that is inevitably going to produce regret. Your divorce, poor relationship with kids, and poor health can be liquidated into cash and wild cruises when you are 60.

ADVERTISEMENT