ADVERTISEMENT

Youngstown State

The don't have to be hot for Carl to want to. BUT, I'm ripping Carl for having spent way too much time while on recruiting trips chasing tail and getting wasted instead of doing his job.

Ehhh, yeah, I sort of get it but when you are on the road the recruiting time only lasts so long...then later that night you recruit other things...Wink

That's not exactly how it's supposed to work. He wasn't exactly the model of efficiency BUT he did get the most bang for his buck.
It is how it works. Recruiting is like any sales job where you travel. You land, you check in, you chill out, you go "work" and then you go have fun...

I mean I get what you are saying but these guys are humans, they are doods, they are people. They are not working 24/7.

I have never been in "sales" (where they travel) but I can't imagine that I would be on the road and just work the entire time. I have been to education conferences on the road before and let me tell you...the second that the conference ends...none of us are doing anything that looks like 'work"

It is how it works. Recruiting is like any sales job where you travel. You land, you check in, you chill out, you go "work" and then you go have fun...

I mean I get what you are saying but these guys are humans, they are doods, they are people. They are not working 24/7.

I have never been in "sales" (where they travel) but I can't imagine that I would be on the road and just work the entire time. I have been to education conferences on the road before and let me tell you...the second that the conference ends...none of us are doing anything that looks like 'work"
Umm no. In recruiting you're supposed to be in and out of town and on to the next recruit, not in and out of the local waitresses then have to sleep it off til noon the next day.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Sorry LOL.
Ha...it is okay...he quit coaching football...the new guy that they have, he is in year two, has all the right ideas when it comes to everything BUT football.

What they need to do is get a guy that will come in and run the flexbone...they can start winning 3-4 games with that and move up from there.

Them and Omaha NW both do some horrible shit on offense but with the Flexbone you don't need linemen and trust me, neither of those schools have them. I saw a Omaha NW practice this season...they spent more time making the defense do push-ups than they did getting reps.

Reactions: rrthusker
Umm no. In recruiting you're supposed to be in and out of town and on to the next recruit, not in and out of the local waitresses then have to sleep it off til noon the next day.

Again, I get it and I get ripping on the guy...but all sales dudes are doing that stuff.

I don't even know what they play in, is it DII? But...do coaches really get fired at that level for being like...500?

Youngstown State lost their third in a row today. They got whipped 35-10 by Southern Illinois, which was 2-4 going into the game. I wonder how long Pelini will last there.

They are not paying him 5 million a year for losing so he's got that going for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT