ADVERTISEMENT

Youngstown State has more draft picks then Nebraska

Too bad Moss couldn't keep his junk in his pants, he could have been in the Husker column
Whipping it out doesn't disqualify you from writing a Husker column:

stevesipple.jpg

Like 7 draft picks left and the Huskers streak of at least 2 players drafted since 1963 will come to an end...

At least the streak continues for at least 1 player since that year...

Like 7 draft picks left and the Huskers streak of at least 2 players drafted since 1963 will come to an end...

At least the streak continues for at least 1 player since that year...

Cinncy just took a TE from Buffalo. Still no Carter....

Does Moss get drafted if he is able to stay at Nebraska?
Always wondered if a player has better chances of getting drafted by going to a smaller school (FCS) and tearing it up there compared to going to a FBS school and looking average.

Whats the dislike on Carter i wonder? And YTS having more draft picks this year then the Huskers?? Well what does that say about the recruiting we did in those years draft classes?? Bo really does blow :(

Reactions: spinner4
Whats the dislike on Carter i wonder? And YTS having more draft picks this year then the Huskers?? Well what does that say about the recruiting we did in those years draft classes?? Bo really does blow :(
Couple of things I read about carter is that he has small hands (I guess smaller than most TEs) and maybe some question about his injuries.

And that the TE class was extremely deep this year.

I like Carter's athleticism and clearly having Tommy at WB didn't help, but if he's that good, he wouldn't have put up average numbers for a tight end.

He didn't look like the second best player on our team and as such it's hard to make an NFL team unless you're REALLY good. Now his measurables with the right QB and coach could help him out.

I've never thought CC really ever made that big of an impact. Everyone always talked about his athleticism and maybe that is something that shows up in the weight room and day to day type thing, but from my viewpoint, he made about as much an impact as Jamal Turner did.

Everyone knows Bo hated recruiting, but I think he got more out of his players than anyone else I have seen. Some on here think it's Riley that has gotten more out of his players, but I don't think so. I think JW should have been drafted. I think the last 2 years with Riley actually hurt his stock. I still shake my head on seeing JW being subbed out of the game late, on plays that mattered when the game was on the line.

The last 4 years with TA hurt JW and CC's stock. The 3 1/2 year starting QB at Nebraska switched to WR to help his chances of getting drafted. Think about that for a minute.

Reactions: timnsun
The last 4 years with TA hurt JW and CC's stock. The 3 1/2 year starting QB at Nebraska switched to WR to help his chances of getting drafted. Think about that for a minute.
Could be.. but you're putting all the blame on his roommate.. and the first couple of years, JW was all over the highlight reels on all the major media outlets.. That all went away with the coaching change.

Could be.. but you're putting all the blame on his roommate.. and the first couple of years, JW was all over the highlight reels on all the major media outlets.. That all went away with the coaching change.
So it had everything to do with the coaching staff who has QB's and WR's in the league and nothing to do with the QB nor the WR himself? What if the new staff decided to try to go away from the Hail Mary passing attack of the old staff and TA? They could continue down that path with the hope that TA and Westy make a few connections to maybe help their NFL stock. Or they could try to start shifting the attack more towards what they want with future QB's like Lee, etc.

So it had everything to do with the coaching staff who has QB's and WR's in the league and nothing to do with the QB nor the WR himself? What if the new staff decided to try to go away from the Hail Mary passing attack of the old staff and TA? They could continue down that path with the hope that TA and Westy make a few connections to maybe help their NFL stock. Or they could try to start shifting the attack more towards what they want with future QB's like Lee, etc.
Oh, I'm sure there is more than one factor involved at the micro level, I'm just looking at the birds eye view. The plus side is, now the staff has the sort of players that they want, so we shall see how it goes.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Is it possible the ohio state player turned coach, named bo, didn't have Nebraska Football's best interests in mind?
Sometimes I get nervous throwing Husker Football into the hands of big 10 and pac 10 coaches.
forever it was Dr. Tom, Milt, others who were from Nebraska.

He was all over making great catches due to horrible throws. What did he do after those catches is what counts. Im curious to know how many of his TDs were runs after catch?

Reactions: imahusker
Is it possible the ohio state player turned coach, named bo, didn't have Nebraska Football's best interests in mind?
Sometimes I get nervous throwing Husker Football into the hands of big 10 and pac 10 coaches.
forever it was Dr. Tom, Milt, others who were from Nebraska.

Is this a serious post? Bo was a plant all along to destroy the program?

Oh, I'm sure there is more than one factor involved at the micro level, I'm just looking at the birds eye view. The plus side is, now the staff has the sort of players that they want, so we shall see how it goes.
Does your bird only have one eye? Appeared it did when you said it was Riley and staff's fault why JW stock may have dropped last 2 years.

Could one argue Westy's declined and Reilly's increased? If so, can't blame Riley for Westy, but not give him credit for Reilly. Some kids are good college players while others just seem to translate better to pro game.

Fun fact - Bo coached here for 7 years and only 7 of his HS scholarship recruits have been drafted. BC coached here for about half that time and had close to double the number of HS scholarship recruits get drafted.

And all of this supports that Bo is absolutely horrible at evaluating kids in HS football. You give him a good player, he'll coach them up. I go back to what an LSU fan said about him " Bo likes to cook but he doesn't like to go shopping for the groceries and when he does, he buys the wrong things"

The irony is that Avery Moss is a player Bo recruited mostly to get Andrus Peat. Had Peat committed to Stanford early in the process no telling if Bo ever really recruits Avery.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Is this a serious post? Bo was a plant all along to destroy the program?
It is a stupid claim. But our current AD was sent to run the program into the ground.... that is TOTALLY true.

My guess and opinion is we will see our Huskers start putting more and more players in the NFL draft over the next 3 to 4 years. One things for certain, the Williams, Langs and Parrella are getting us some talent now. And if any or all of our QBs pan out, then we could see some Big 10 championships or playoff runs. (Not saying we will win the MNC but we will be in the hunt more in the next several yeaes)

He was all over making great catches due to horrible throws. What did he do after those catches is what counts. Im curious to know how many of his TDs were runs after catch?
Carter just never seemed like he was the same after coming back from the elbow injury. Not convinced it was totally healthy when he returned

Reactions: dinglefritz
I love westy, his effort and circus catches. But let's face it, he was injured a lot this year and just gave the pro scouts too many question marks. My money is on him to make it somewhere though.

Don't know if totally reliable source but heard that Carter was given a chance to workout for multiple teams at once and turned down the offer. Unless he was hurt, no reason to pass on an extra job offer situation.

So, the fact that Westerkamp put up the best numbers of his career as a junior(Riley's first season here) means nothing? Or was it RIley's fault that Westerkamp was hurt for a portion of his senior season?
I didn't look at his stats. It didn't fit my narrative. I perceived a drop off and blamed the coaching change. But there is some truth to what you are saying, our offense was much better in 2015, even though we lost many close games. The team, and specifically, TA & JW had more success that year, as they hadn't been as corrupted by the Riley system at that point. Unfortunately by the second year, the Riley system had turned both playmakers into nearly deplorables. The same guys who used to be voted in weekly league MVP's had disappeared, and now the only thing written about Nebraska, was how bad the team was lacking talent.

I didn't look at his stats. It didn't fit my narrative. I perceived a drop off and blamed the coaching change. But there is some truth to what you are saying, our offense was much better in 2015, even though we lost many close games. The team, and specifically, TA & JW had more success that year, as they hadn't been as corrupted by the Riley system at that point. Unfortunately by the second year, the Riley system had turned both playmakers into nearly deplorables. The same guys who used to be voted in weekly league MVP's had disappeared, and now the only thing written about Nebraska, was how bad the team was lacking talent.

Are you being sarcastic or not? I have honestly cannot tell.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
ADVERTISEMENT