ADVERTISEMENT

Youngstown State Coach Lays the Shoulder on Northern Iowa Player Running Down the Sideline

I have been on the sidelines for a ton of games...it sucks when players come by you. I try to jump back or get behind my own guys but if I was stuck like he was, I would brace myself too.

I have been on the sidelines for a ton of games...it sucks when players come by you. I try to jump back or get behind my own guys but if I was stuck like he was, I would brace myself too.

He could have easily got out of the way. He shouldered him on purpose and should have been flagged. The ref even saw and ran over to get between them.

He could have easily got out of the way. He shouldered him on purpose and should have been flagged. The ref even saw and ran over to get between them.

Probably...but stand on the sidelines for a game and see what it is like. Much faster than it looks from home.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I watched it in slo-mo and it appeared that as both players were running right at him, he appeared to shift to make himself skinny and in the process put himself in the way of the receiver. His own guy ran by him to his left. Odd he never felt the need to remove his hands from his pockets. He could have got laid out by either one of them and he would have still had his hands in his pockets.

I watched it in slo-mo and it appeared that as both players were running right at him, he appeared to shift to make himself skinny and in the process put himself in the way of the receiver. His own guy ran by him to his left. Odd he never felt the need to remove his hands from his pockets. He could have got laid out by either one of them and he would have still had his hands in his pockets.
He wanted to coach the game shirtless but was overruled. Youngstown is full of badasses.

After watching it for the first time...it looked like the coach stuck out his shoulder...especially the replay view.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShaggynScooby
He was just protecting himself. At the same time he obliterated that dude while wearing no pads and a shoulder flick. Beautiful! Hahaha

He was just protecting himself. At the same time he obliterated that dude while wearing no pads and a shoulder flick. Beautiful! Hahaha
No pads doesn’t matter when dude you hit has no expectation of being hit. Not all that impressive to knock a 165 lb kid down that thinks the play is over.

Playing pocket pool?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT