ADVERTISEMENT

Youngstown State Beats Woffard

No doubt. Those were like NFL teams. Playing in there home state and Miami's home stadium every year. Lame
Unranked Miami went to Norman in 1985 and beat the Sooners, and Florida State did beat Nebraska in 1980, 1985 in Lincoln. Lots of talent and great coaching the Seminoles had.

I also remind my Colorado fan friends that cu was lucky as hell not to have played Miami in that 1991 Orange Bowl instead of Notre Dame, they would have got curb stomped for sure had the Canes played them, Miami was clearly the best team in the country at the end of 1990.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
Unranked Miami went to Norman in 1985 and beat the Sooners, and Florida State did beat Nebraska in 1980, 1985 in Lincoln. Lots of talent and great coaching the Seminoles had.
Yup, Miami too, Jimmy johnson, Dennis Erickson, Qbs all with NFL pedigrees, Wrs like Michael Irvin, Randall hill, etc, D lineman cranked out every year, Jerome brown, Cortez kennedy, maryland, Sapp, LBs like Ray lewis, dbs like the blades boys. Hated them but they were Damn talented.

Don't forget the unbelievable fumble by Roy Helu. And the turnover by Rex Burkhead. Those hurt us even more

Pelini took his own players to a conference championship game in 2012.

Riley has to do that in the next 2 years or all we did was get a nicer coach.

Yeah because we all know how comparable OSU,Michigan,and PSU was then to where they are now LMAO.

I swear dome of our fans ...That conference championship was tailor made and Bo STILL pissed it down his legs. Sad..but continue with the Riley expectatons moving forward. Its nice to see where everyone stands on matters like these.

holla

Yup, Miami too, Jimmy johnson, Dennis Erickson, Qbs all with NFL pedigrees, Wrs like Michael Irvin, Randall hill, etc, D lineman cranked out every year, Jerome brown, Cortez kennedy, maryland, Sapp, LBs like Ray lewis, dbs like the blades boys. Hated them but they were Damn talented.
I remember Miami had a D-End by the name of Rusty Medearis, gawd what a wrecking machine he was. I remember thinking I wish Nebraska could get a kid like him someday. Turns out a few years later, Grant Wistrom showed up.

Reactions: TFrazier
I remember Miami had a D-End by the name of Rusty Medearis, gawd what a wrecking machine he was. I remember thinking I wish Nebraska could get a kid like him someday. Turns out a few years later, Grant Wistrom showed up.
Speed and talent. Not a coincidence Bama and osu recruit top 5 classes and are in the hunt every year. Gotta upgrade the talent and depth. Need multiple all Americans and Big 10 first teamers. Simple

Last edited:
Reactions: nebcountry
Not so much the offense. Changing from a 5-2 to a 4-3 defense and recruiting speed was the biggest factor in beating the Florida boys for years. Turning LBs in rush ends, turning safeties into LBs.
Absolutely - and getting some great cover cornerbacks. Having guys like Barron Miles, Tyrone Williams, and later Ralph Brown allowed NU to use much more aggressive defensive schemes.

Reactions: TFrazier
Not so much the offense. Changing from a 5-2 to a 4-3 defense and recruiting speed was the biggest factor in beating the Florida boys for years. Turning LBs in rush ends, turning safeties into LBs.

You better go back and watch some of those games. Tom's offense had no shot against those team....None

You better go back and watch some of those games. Tom's offense had no shot against those team....None

However, that doesn't mean they were garbage. His offenses were obviously "good enough" to get to those games even though they did struggle in those games. Winking

The great Tom proved for years in the Orange Bowl that his offense was straight up garbage until he decided to recruit his ass off and get better players...funny how that works huh?

Yep. Hopefully we got a coach that will do just that. Haven't had one in quite awhile.

However, that doesn't mean they were garbage. His offenses were obviously "good enough" to get to those games even though they did struggle in those games. Winking
Every offense struggled against some of those defenses. All you have to do is go back and look at their rosters those years. Littered with all pro defensive players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT