ADVERTISEMENT

Younger Farniok already has a Husker offer...

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
Matt Farniok is the third of four brothers in a football family. The youngest brother, Will Farniok, is going to draw his share of attention from college recruiters too. He already has.

Will is a 6-4, 255-pound sophomore at Sioux Falls (S.D.) Washington High School, who played center this past year. He already has a Husker offer.

"Will's really special. Will's really good, really good," said Chad Stadem, coach at Washington High. "He might be the best athlete in the family."

So the fact that offensive line coach Mike Cavanaugh has a strong relationship with the family, and Stadem, is a very good thing for the Huskers.

"I've developed a friendship with the guy, he's a sincere individual," Stadem said of Cavanaugh, noting that they had probably talked more than 100 times this past year.

Expect continued conversations as the Huskers try to recruit another Farniok for the 2018 class.

As for the Farniok who just agreed to join Nebraska's family, I'll have a story tomorrow that further details what a bang-up job Cavanaugh did in helping the Huskers get their 19th commit. By Brian Christopherson | Lincoln Journal Star

Last edited:
Reactions: Doniphan89
Matt Farniok is the third of four brothers in a football family. The youngest brother, Will Farniok, is going to draw his share of attention from college recruiters too. He already has.

Will is a 6-4, 255-pound sophomore at Sioux Falls (S.D.) Washington High School, who played center this past year. He already has a Husker offer.

"Will's really special. Will's really good, really good," said Chad Stadem, coach at Washington High. "He might be the best athlete in the family."

So the fact that offensive line coach Mike Cavanaugh has a strong relationship with the family, and Stadem, is a very good thing for the Huskers.

"I've developed a friendship with the guy, he's a sincere individual," Stadem said of Cavanaugh, noting that they had probably talked more than 100 times this past year.

Expect continued conversations as the Huskers try to recruit another Farniok for the 2018 class.

As for the Farniok who just agreed to join Nebraska's family, I'll have a story tomorrow that further details what a bang-up job Cavanaugh did in helping the Huskers get their 19th commit.
According to Iowa fans he is already a lock for 2018 so don't even bother recruiting him to NU!! LurkRollingLaugh:(:mad::p:eek::D:oops::rolleyes:o_O

Reactions: capt'n caveman
He was at one of the Jr Days or whatever they're called, over the summer. Coaches offered him there and I think, NU was his first offer.

If you listened to the dirt burglars in the East, you'd think they have a top 5 class year in and out.

He was at one of the Jr Days or whatever they're called, over the summer. Coaches offered him there and I think, NU was his first offer.

If you listened to the dirt burglars in the East, you'd think they have a top 5 class year in and out.
According to the herks, they don't need to get good recruits. Kirk is such an Oline god that he could turn Urkel into an Outland Trophy winner and 4 time Pro Bowler.

If I remember correctly, Iowa offered Will before Nebraska did.

Reactions: dacred
Iowa was first, but like you said Nebraska offered within days after. I doubt he would chose Iowa over Nebraska just because Iowa offered first.

I don't think the first offer matters much either. And I don't know how much Matt coming to Nebraska will affect Will. The other two brothers went to Oklahoma and Iowa State. I realize that Matt and Will will have a chance to play together and Matt didn't have playing with an older brother as an option. But it's not like the family is die hard Huskers. It looks like they take time and look at what is best for them.

This is a just wild speculation. So take it for what it is worth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT