ADVERTISEMENT

Young Defensive ends

StrongArm517

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2005
Noticed that in NW last series, two young defensive ends, #17, Sedrick King, and #22 Alex Davis, RS soph and frosh, were playing on the d-line, then dropping back.

Creative use of these guys gaining some valuable experience and being trusted at a critical time in the game. Also in on the series was Lamar Jackson. I didn't notice it live but saw it rewatching the game. Hopefully there is some quality depth being built here.

Reactions: SOHusker11
The more young bucks that play the deeper this team gets

Look at the linebacker position from last year

Riding the pine does nothing for team moral

And it does not give gamers the opportunity to shine

Noticed that in NW last series, two young defensive ends, #17, Sedrick King, and #22 Alex Davis, RS soph and frosh, were playing on the d-line, then dropping back.

Creative use of these guys gaining some valuable experience and being trusted at a critical time in the game. Also in on the series was Lamar Jackson. I didn't notice it live but saw it rewatching the game. Hopefully there is some quality depth being built here.
I suspect one of the reasons they were getting snaps was that Freedom struggled against Oregon. Don't know if he's nicked up but Freedom's play has disappointed me this year.

I suspect one of the reasons they were getting snaps was that Freedom struggled against Oregon. Don't know if he's nicked up but Freedom's play has disappointed me this year.

Sad thing is, I think he had his best game verse Oregon. He has been getting a lot of attention so far this year. After last week, I think Maurice gets the majority of the doubles. So hopefully Freedom can show some flashes.

But these weren't just snaps. They played at the most critical time when NW had its last chance with 1.5 minute to go.

Reactions: baseball31ne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT