ADVERTISEMENT

You want to keep this going so it doesn’t hurt recruiting?

I would say settling for a coach that gets curb-stomped every time we play a decent team, and one that gets embarrassed by Arkansas State and NIU is probably damaging to recruiting.

But I’m no expert.
Recruiting has been a total mirage. Stop listening to the guys who act like they have a clue when it comes to recruiting . By every measure Riley's recruits have not been better than even Bo's guys. It's a total crock.

Recruiting has been a total mirage. Stop listening to the guys who act like they have a clue when it comes to recruiting . By every measure Riley's recruits have not been better than even Bo's guys. It's a total crock.
You need to stop. Where’s the graphic listing all the players Riley has recruited and the P5 offers they received compared to the players that are currently playing with only one P5 offer... Nebraska.

Riley’s recruits have numerous P5 offers from a lot of top schools. And they chose to come to Nebraska. Give credit to Riley for his recruiting.

That said, this class could go to crap and I wouldn’t care. Keeping the class intact is not worth it. Go get the next head coach.

You need to stop. Where’s the graphic listing all the players Riley has recruited and the P5 offers they received compared to the players that are currently playing with only one P5 offer... Nebraska.

Riley’s recruits have numerous P5 offers from a lot of top schools. And they chose to come to Nebraska. Give credit to Riley for his recruiting.

That said, this class could go to crap and I wouldn’t care. Keeping the class intact is not worth it. Go get the next head coach.
We are on a recruiting site. I've already provided graphs showing that Riley's numbers aren't even as good as Bos. But now Rivals ratings aren't good enough for you bc they don't prop Riley up. It has to be more minutia. Maybe if you cut the numbers JUST a certain way Riley will be shown to be minutely better. It's all been smoke and mirrors and Riley is your Great Oz.

We are on a recruiting site. I've already provided graphs showing that Riley's numbers aren't even as good as Bos. But now Rivals ratings that aren't good enough. It has to be more minutia. Maybe if you cut the numbers a certain way Riley will be shown to be minutely better. It's all been smoke and mirrors and Riley is your Great Oz.
You need professional help.

Who cares about recruiting. All we need are more walkons.

21766505_10155794896394485_3950921536106479557_n.jpg

Does anyone think that Radley Hiles or Moore won't decommit even if Riley stays... Read Moore's last diary...He didn't refute the flip rumors.....He said he will do what's best for him........

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Like I said, a change is warranted no matter what. I’m not saying otherwise. Bo’s recruits were recruited by Nebraska. And virtually no one else. You can’t refute the number of universities who recruited riley’s commits.

That doesn’t mean riley’s players are playing better. But when we get new coaches, they will have an opportunity to better utilize and develop the talent than these coaches have.

Like I said, a change is warranted no matter what. I’m not saying otherwise. Bo’s recruits were recruited by Nebraska. And virtually no one else. You can’t refute the number of universities who recruited riley’s commits.

That doesn’t mean riley’s players are playing better. But when we get new coaches, they will have an opportunity to better utilize and develop the talent than these coaches have.
That's just flat out wrong. To say that Bo's recruits were recruited by Nebraska and virtually no one else is a falsehood. Do you think all the 4 star players that Bo recruited didn't have other offers? BTW...he got a five star player and had more four star players on average than Mike.

The numbers don't lie. Now try and keep cutting the numbers to prop up Riley. Maybe try and hide the graphs so you don't have to see their absolute similarity in numbers. It's stupid, however, to talk about Riley being some great recruiter when he can't soundly beat the numbers of Bo.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

Its a bad time for NU football - lets hope we have talent on the roster. One of the problems however with Riley is that it was smoke and mirrors - his PR was good his optics were good he handled himself well then when we take the field we are a steaming pile of dog crap.
The same held true for recruiting some top signers didnt even make it here or left shortly thereafter. The one we have, dont look really that impressive on the field

whatever the issue is the whole thing simply is not working

If Riley has done better at recruiting RESULTS it has been marginal at best...
I always said if Riley could win 10 games he would bring a top ten class. I stand by that.
But he won't win 10 games.
And as jeans pointed out results anywhere but wr and QB haven't been there.

This is what I’m talking about...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.co...port-mike-riley-development-recruiting-matter

“However, it is quite evident that there are talent deficiencies, stemming from roster mismanagement which continues to plague our beloved program. One of the strongest indicators of this can be found by looking at Nebraska’s starting 22. Eleven of the twenty-two starters either did not hold another Power 5 offer other than Nebraska or entered the program as a walk-on. This is not to suggest that all of these players do not possess the ability to develop into good players (namely, Michael Decker, Mick Stoltenberg, Luke Gifford, and Chris Weber). Rather, when half of your starting line-up does not hold any other Power 5 offer, it limits Nebraska’s ceiling when facing programs with either better development (Wisconsin) or talent (Ohio State). While developmental inefficiencies need to be addressed, another key component of Nebraska’s rebuild is recruiting, and not just to beat Wisconsin, but to elevate Nebraska to a level commensurate with Ohio State or Penn State.”

Spin that any way you want Tom.

I do agree with jeans, we need linemen!!! We have the skill positions covered, but without linemen to block and open holes, we can’t do anything.

Does it really matter now? Deep down, you know how his recruiting class is going to play out. You know what is going to happen in late November. You know he is getting canned. You know we will lose half of our recruits. You know how this is going to play out. Why are you still talking about this? Let the inevitable happen and go from there.

Skill positions covered? Damn,man.
Sorry, I wasn’t clear. That’s what we’ve recruited more than the lines. If you think guys like Spielman and Morgan and Lindsey and yes, even the QBs aren’t skilled, that’s on you.

Does it really matter now? Deep down, you know how his recruiting class is going to play out. You know what is going to happen in late November. You know he is getting canned. You know we will lose half of our recruits. You know how this is going to play out. Why are you still talking about this? Let the inevitable happen and go from there.
Did you read my first post? I agreed that we need to blow it up. It’s in black and white for you, unedited.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT