ADVERTISEMENT

You stay classy CU.

And if you say no to that, you look petty and selfish so I guess the only thing you can do is say yes.
Exactly, what are they gonna say, no? Takes some nerve to have to ask imo. For what, some 5.6 3 star who may never see the field?

Reactions: Dean Pope
I wonder if we care more than actual CU fans? All 18 of them. Do they have a free board? Was this even brought up there?

Reactions: Baxter48
I have no problem with it...a jersey retired for a period of time then a patch worn on that jersey is a great idea. We have 25 retired jerseys, that are all worn but dont have anything to on the jersey. How cool that we give a back a 30 jersey with a rozier patch..a d end with a winstrom patch..etc. It is a way to showcase our tradition. You could make it an honor to wear certain numbers.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
I have no problem with it...a jersey retired for a period of time then a patch worn on that jersey is a great idea. We have 25 retired jerseys, that are all worn but dont have anything to on the jersey. How cool that we give a back a 30 jersey with a rozier patch..a d end with a winstrom patch..etc. It is a way to showcase our tradition. You could make it an honor to wear certain numbers.
Or even a Wistrom patch if you're feeling crazy.

And if you say no to that, you look petty and selfish so I guess the only thing you can do is say yes.
I really don't think the school would have come out and said, "well, we were going to un-retire #24, but Byron White's family said no". I'm guessing nothing would have been released.

Other schools have honored numbers that are still issued to current players. Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
When Colorado discounting out their history like a bankrupt store...

gif

I have never been a fan of retiring numbers. I mean, if you have enough legendary players, you run out of numbers.\

But, if you retire a number, honor it. For example, I really doubt the 49ers are going to un-retire #16.

Reactions: SkerInCo
Would think for them to even have to ask if they could use their number again, it must have been a deal breaker for the recruit. Basically, "Im not coming unless I can have that number" Which shows how desperate they are to get recruits.
That's quite an assumption there.

That's quite an assumption there.
Maybe, but if you read the article (not saying you didn’t), it does say these numbers are coming out of retirement at the request of recruits. What if Colorado said no? Would those recruits move on?

I feel like Colorado would have been better served to come up with a better reason than “recruits are asking.” I don’t have a problem with them unretiring jerseys (as another poster already stated, we already did that in the 90s), just think it comes off a little weird that they are doing it because recruits requested those numbers.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, just interesting...

Maybe, but if you read the article (not saying you didn’t), it does say these numbers are coming out of retirement at the request of recruits. What if Colorado said no? Would those recruits move on?

I feel like Colorado would have been better served to come up with a better reason than “recruits are asking.” I don’t have a problem with them unretiring jerseys (as another poster already stated, we already did that in the 90s), just think it comes off a little weird that they are doing it because recruits requested those numbers.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, just interesting...
They didn't come out of retirement at the request of recruits. I'm not sure where you read that or who published that, but that is completely false. Now, boosting recruitment might have been one of the end goals, but stupid to say 'that's how desperate they are'. Your own school streamlined a capital project for facilities upgrades to boost recruiting. That is just 1 of the other 100 other things your department has done to boost recruitment. Someone has already posted that you pulled numbers out of retirement before as well. Clemson has done this as well. Were they 'desperate'? Schools use every advantage they can to boost recruitment these days. We spent $180 million on facilities upgrades recently. Everyone else is now as well. Everyone wants an advantage so apparently we're all desperate including dear old Nebraska.

Also, the title of this post is classy. Can't think of much classier than putting their names, numbers, and accomplishments on a patch on said jerseys. I mean, if the numbers are going to come out of retirement, give them recognition. It's probably more recognition than the numbers would have had never seen again or thought of.

They didn't come out of retirement at the request of recruits. I'm not sure where you read that or who published that, but that is completely false. Now, boosting recruitment might have been one of the end goals, but stupid to say 'that's how desperate they are'. Your own school streamlined a capital project for facilities upgrades to boost recruiting. That is just 1 of the other 100 other things your department has done to boost recruitment. Someone has already posted that you pulled numbers out of retirement before as well. Clemson has done this as well. Were they 'desperate'? Schools use every advantage they can to boost recruitment these days. We spent $180 million on facilities upgrades recently. Everyone else is now as well. Everyone wants an advantage so apparently we're all desperate including dear old Nebraska.

Also, the title of this post is classy. Can't think of much classier than putting their names, numbers, and accomplishments on a patch on said jerseys. I mean, if the numbers are going to come out of retirement, give them recognition. It's probably more recognition than the numbers would have had never seen again or thought of.
Dipwad, click the link. The title of the article is, “Colorado Unretiring 3 Numbers at Request of Recruits”.

Click the link. I dare you. Then come back and chastise me again, wondering where I read that falsehood from.

Also, moron, if you took the time to ready my post, I also admitted the huskers did it in the 90s as had already been mentioned, and I didn’t have a problem with CU doing it either. I’m not the one who said Colorado was desperate either, but here you are claiming I am.

Why are you riding my nuts when everything I said is verified by the link or I already admitted to?

You wonder where I learned to read... where did you learn to read?

Dipwad, click the link. The title of the article is, “Colorado Unretiring 3 Numbers at Request of Recruits”.

Click the link. I dare you. Then come back and chastise me again, wondering where I read that falsehood from.

Also, moron, if you took the time to ready my post, I also admitted the huskers did it in the 90s as had already been mentioned, and I didn’t have a problem with CU doing it either. I’m not the one who said Colorado was desperate either, but here you are claiming I am.

Why are you riding my nuts when everything I said is verified by the link or I already admitted to?

You wonder where I learned to read... where did you learn to read?
He's a cu fan, that's all you need to know.

Reactions: timnsun

LOL I knew your dumb ass would post. I love you read these boards on a regular basis. So pathetic.

@Scavenger, after you weigh in on the Tucker thread, feel free to explain to me how the headline that says recruits request numbers to be unretired doesn’t mean that at all, and how I’m an idiot for suggesting recruits requested that because of a headline that says those exact words.

Thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT