ADVERTISEMENT

You Should Read This...

Yep, a lot of truth in there. Frost has been very open about it, hence why the author compared the two.

Eventually you will see it happen here at Nebraska.

I was expecting the writer to be speaking with sour grapes like he did when he left UCF. This article speaks a lot of truth and realism.

I like it that the called out the message board fanatics that don't have patience.

Thanks for sharing. I would recommend others read it.

While I think the writer wrote this as a passive agrressive way to take shots at Nebraska for stealing their coach. I can't argue with much of what is said. The more this season goes on the more I believe this is on the players. What Mike Riley did to this program set it back 4 or 5 years. You can't create a team of ice cream eating, hip hip hooray cheering pansies and expect that type of mentality to just disappear in a year and half. You also can't expect true fresh, and sophomores to lead a team to greatness. It is going to take every single player in that locker room to be Frosts before we will know if this can take off. If not the whole locker room, at least 95% of the starters need to be Frosts guys. It is going to take a QB who is not hurt every other game. Im quickly losing faith that Martinez is going to be level of QB we all wanted. Most importantly it is going to take patience from us fans. The worse that we could do is push out Frost before giving him the time to flip this around.

Last edited:
I've known Bianchi since the 1980s. You must know him as well.
This column is mailed-in, dreadful prose. I’m all for the easy-reading conversational style, but three paragraphs starting with Let’s? The problem is, The reality is, The fact is? Switching from we to I? Frosty? Presser? This reads like he dictated it while driving.

Reactions: TheNewNU and 9and4
Bianchi and SF were close media friends during Scotts time in Orlando. Per Bianchi, they remain friendly, primarily in the off season.

The article is true. This players helped make Scott the N head Coach. They went on to prove the next year, that it was the players, primarily M Milton, IMO.

This column is mailed-in, dreadful prose. I’m all for the easy-reading conversational style, but three paragraphs starting with Let’s? The problem is, The reality is, The fact is? Switching from we to I? Frosty? Presser? This reads like he dictated it while driving.

All of his articles are. I live in Orlando. Bianchi has a morning radio show that is difficult if not impossible for me to listen to due to his apparent lack of intelligence, childlike manner and Man-Crush on Tim Tebow. On the way to work, I'll check in from time to time but can't take it more than a few minutes before I switch to Bloomberg or a Music channel.

If I were a Nebraska Fan, I wouldn't give too much credence to anything coming out of the Orlando Sentinel that Bianchi has something to do with. Guy writes/posts nothing but ClickBait.

Reactions: leodisflowers
According to the weather report on the day of the UCF-Temple game, Philly had a high of 65 and a low of 53 with no windchill factor.

Minneapolis on Husker gameday had a high of 39 and a low of 33. Plus a windchill that brought it below 30.

Premise of the article is trash

According to the weather report on the day of the UCF-Temple game, Philly had a high of 65 and a low of 53 with no windchill factor.

Minneapolis on Husker gameday had a high of 39 and a low of 33. Plus a windchill that brought it below 30.

Premise of the article is trash

but he also took over a team that worked hard and bought in. George O’Leary’s final season at UCF may have been an 0-12 disaster, but O’Leary always instilled an old-school work ethic and toughness that Frost immediately built upon.

The fact is, you’re simply not going to win big in today’s college football without good, consistent quarterback play and hard-working, committed players who buy into their coach and believe in his message.

Clearly your comprehension skills are lacking, the point of the article was not temperatures.

but he also took over a team that worked hard and bought in. George O’Leary’s final season at UCF may have been an 0-12 disaster, but O’Leary always instilled an old-school work ethic and toughness that Frost immediately built upon.

The fact is, you’re simply not going to win big in today’s college football without good, consistent quarterback play and hard-working, committed players who buy into their coach and believe in his message.

Clearly your comprehension skills are lacking, the point of the article was not temperatures.

A 5 year old knows that stuff is important.

His premise for writing the article was about using the weather as a statement of toughness to knock Frost and try to prop up O'leary's old 0-12 ass.

A premise that anyone with half a brain to look at a weather map can prove is garbage. The article is trash.

Reactions: spinner4
Scott Frost calls out a number of members of his team for their lack of effort. Among the best players on the team, a graduate transfer, a sophomore and three talented freshmen back up their coach and fill in details of the situation. An article from a Florida writer is posted on this board. It contrasts the 2017 UCF team and the 2019 Huskers.

So, the following gets posted on a football board.

"This column is mailed-in, dreadful prose. I’m all for the easy-reading conversational style, but three paragraphs starting with Let’s? The problem is, The reality is, The fact is? Switching from we to I? Frosty? Presser? This reads like he dictated it while driving.

"This reads like he dictated it while driving drunk."

"I live in Orlando. Bianchi has a morning radio show that is difficult if not impossible for me to listen to due to his apparent lack of intelligence, childlike manner and Man-Crush on Tim Tebow. On the way to work, I'll check in from time to time but can't take it more than a few minutes before I switch to Bloomberg or a Music channel."

What is this, the Poet's Corner???? To paraphrase footnfan1. Clearly the above was written by people whose reading comprehension skills are lacking, the point of the article was not to write a paper for an English Literature class.

Scott Frost calls out a number of members of his team for their lack of effort. Among the best players on the team, a graduate transfer, a sophomore and three talented freshmen back up their coach and fill in details of the situation. An article from a Florida writer is posted on this board. It contrasts the 2017 UCF team and the 2019 Huskers.

So, the following gets posted on a football board.

"This column is mailed-in, dreadful prose. I’m all for the easy-reading conversational style, but three paragraphs starting with Let’s? The problem is, The reality is, The fact is? Switching from we to I? Frosty? Presser? This reads like he dictated it while driving.

"This reads like he dictated it while driving drunk."

"I live in Orlando. Bianchi has a morning radio show that is difficult if not impossible for me to listen to due to his apparent lack of intelligence, childlike manner and Man-Crush on Tim Tebow. On the way to work, I'll check in from time to time but can't take it more than a few minutes before I switch to Bloomberg or a Music channel."

What is this, the Poet's Corner???? To paraphrase footnfan1. Clearly the above was written by people whose reading comprehension skills are lacking, the point of the article was not to write a paper for an English Literature class.

You're missing the point in the questioning of Bianchi's ability to write a piece that is built on an exceptional combination of literary syntax and diction.

"All credibility, all good conscience, all evidence of truth come only from the senses." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Both in law and human nature, one of the first things people do when evaluating the actions and opinions of others is examine their prevalent credibility or lack thereof. Bianchi's history of poor writing diminishes his credibility in other areas relating to thought expression.

The rationale is that if a person studied journalism and is so passionate about the subject that he's made it his profession, yet is still incapable of writing well, his expertise in any academic subject is likely minimal. Perhaps most damning to giving credence to his input is that his shortcomings are evident to the novice and that's a blatant reflection of his inferior abilities.

In layman's terms, Bianchi's been trained to be good at his job and he's not, so he probably can't comprehend a lot of things and most people can see he's putting out hack-job after hack-job.

"It's hard to know now who, if anyone, in the media has any credibility." - Howard Fineman

Reactions: Sinomatic
A long cold winter ahead... ugh. Really hoping they can pull out two or three wins in their last four games.

There's a segment of folk on here that often nitpick the minor part of a post while ignoring the greater point.

On top of that, UCF was 31-9 in the 3 seasons prior to the 0-12 (47-19 in the 5 seasons prior....basically an average of 9.4 wins and 3.8 losses a season), which tells me that the 0-12 had more to do with internal strife, as opposed to a lack of talent.

I think I'm one of the few people on here that doesn't look at what he did at UCF was anything beyond a solid job. His undefeated team is an 8-4 or 9-3 team in the SEC or Big 10.

While I think the writer wrote this as a passive agrressive way to take shots at Nebraska for stealing their coach. I can't argue with much of what is said. The more this season goes on the more I believe this is on the players. What Mike Riley did to this program set it back 4 or 5 years. You can't create a team of ice cream eating, hip hip hooray cheering pansies and expect that type of mentality to just disappear in a year and half. You also can't expect true fresh, and sophomores to lead a team to greatness. It is going to take every single player in that locker room to be Frosts before we will know if this can take off. If not the whole locker room, at least 95% of the starters need to be Frosts guys. It is going to take a QB who is not hurt every other game. Im quickly losing faith that Martinez is going to be level of QB we all wanted. Most importantly it is going to take patience from us fans. The worse that we could do is push out Frost before giving him the time to flip this around.
Martinez has to recover from the knee injury and confidence crushing O line problems from earlier this year. Unfortunately I've seen WAY too many players at NU have their careers dramatically altered by an injury. Zac Lee for one. Osborne LOVED that kids talent but his throwing shoulder injury not only doused his college career but prevented the shot at a pro Career that Osborne had predicted he would have. Likewise Taylor Martinez and the leg injury. TM could have played WR in the NFL.

I'm hoping Martinez can fully recover from the knee because a LARGE part of his effectiveness is based on his ability to run. The confidence issue is going to take time and relevant successful experiences WITH improved performance from our O line. If they continue to get him hit, he's going to struggle. It doesn't take many hits for a QB to say oh crap here we go again. Zac Taylor was a guy who was amazing at dealing with shrugging off those shots. Not many QBs can do that.

Reactions: husker2612
Sweet Jesus this board is full of some whiny-ass people.

I share an article (which I thought was very applicable to our current situation) and it turns into a pissing match concerning proper English grammar.

It's not just some of these players that need to grow-up.

A 5 year old knows that stuff is important.

His premise for writing the article was about using the weather as a statement of toughness to knock Frost and try to prop up O'leary's old 0-12 ass.

A premise that anyone with half a brain to look at a weather map can prove is garbage. The article is trash.

I don’t know what’s more bull shit, the article or that the OP just happened to stroll upon it on Reddit of all places. I smelll UCF fan troll all over this post

but here’s the thing UCF fans and writers don’t get. The culture at Nebraska is totally different. UCF players don’t deal with the things off field our football players do. UCF losses a close game and 5 people care about it. and the players can easily forget about it. that makes losses easier as a player to deal with and makes it easier to move on. NU losses a game and the state falls apart. Players can’t hide from it. It’s every where in their face and they feel like they’ve let people down.

It can really take the fun out of the game. UCF players go out and play for fun. NU players play for a product, a system, a state, and millions of fans happiness. That’s a lot of pressure on even a SR when you remember he’s still only 21 - 22 years old.

this is why our teams give up so much. This is why we seem to digress so much toward the end of the year. Us fans have taken the joy out of football for these young men because losing and win is so important. But it’s twofold, when they do great the players are treated like kings and they bring joy to millions. The players get to enjoy the power. That’s unlike UCF, where majority of people in their home town couldn’t even tell you their record or who the starting QB.

I don’t know what’s more bull shit, the article or that the OP just happened to stroll upon it on Reddit of all places. I smelll UCF fan troll all over this post

but here’s the thing UCF fans and writers don’t get. The culture at Nebraska is totally different. UCF players don’t deal with the things off field our football players do. UCF losses a close game and 5 people care about it. and the players can easily forget about it. that makes losses easier as a player to deal with and makes it easier to move on. NU losses a game and the state falls apart. Players can’t hide from it. It’s every where in their face and they feel like they’ve let people down.

It can really take the fun out of the game. UCF players go out and play for fun. NU players play for a product, a system, a state, and millions of fans happiness. That’s a lot of pressure on even a SR when you remember he’s still only 21 - 22 years old.

this is why our teams give up so much. This is why we seem to digress so much toward the end of the year. Us fans have taken the joy out of football for these young men. But it’s twofold, when they do great the players are treated like kings and they bring joy to millions. The players get to enjoy the power. That’s unlike UCF, where majority of people in their home town couldn’t even tell you their record or who the starting QB.
Are you seriously calling me a UCF troll because I pulled this from the HUSKERS section on Reddit and then shared it with everyone here? Maybe you should look at the number of posts I've made here, as well as the fact that I have almost twice as many 'likes' as I do posts made (ie. people often seem to appreciate what I have to say).

On top of that, UCF was 31-9 in the 3 seasons prior to the 0-12 (47-19 in the 5 seasons prior....basically an average of 9.4 wins and 3.8 losses a season), which tells me that the 0-12 had more to do with internal strife, as opposed to a lack of talent.

I think I'm one of the few people on here that doesn't look at what he did at UCF was anything beyond a solid job. His undefeated team is an 8-4 or 9-3 team in the SEC or Big 10.
Maybe not even that good, but imagine if he had a SEC or Big 10 budget and a P5 logo on the uniforms? That would be truly be an apples to apples comparison in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
https://giphy.com/gifs/ucfknights-gabriel-dg-dillon-S8TA82Qfc2M9BKLhfy

this is why our teams give up so much. This is why we seem to digress so much toward the end of the year. Us fans have taken the joy out of football for these young men because losing and win is so important. But it’s twofold, when they do great the players are treated like kings and they bring joy to millions. The players get to enjoy the power. That’s unlike UCF, where majority of people in their home town couldn’t even tell you their record or who the starting QB.
McKenzie Milton and his pupil Dillon Gabriel would probably disagree...

giphy.gif

Reactions: SPTKnight
Are you seriously calling me a UCF troll because I pulled this from the HUSKERS section on Reddit and then shared it with everyone here? Maybe you should look at the number of posts I've made here, as well as the fact that I have almost twice as many 'likes' as I do posts made (ie. people often seem to appreciate what I have to say).

you’ve been a member like 14 months, I’m sorry to say but when I see that I’m a little hesitant of trolls. Number of post don’t mean as much to me because a lot of trolls post a ton on this board. Some with likes too. Trolls seem to like eachother. We’ve had a lot of UCF trolls on this board. Many started around the time of your “ member date”. And when someone post complete bullshit article from an Orlando paper, yeah I think UCF troll. Sorry if I misspoke. GBR

you’ve been a member like 14 months, I’m sorry to say but when I see that I’m a little hesitant of trolls. Number of post don’t mean as much to me because a lot of trolls post a ton on this board. Some with likes too. Trolls seem to like eachother. We’ve had a lot of UCF trolls on this board. Many started around the time of your “ member date”. And when someone post complete bullshit article from an Orlando paper, yeah I think UCF troll. Sorry if I misspoke. GBR
You misspoke.

Reactions: footnfan1
article is full of excuses if you ask me, and draws some parallels, and makes those the centerpiece of what went wrong, when they are really more ancillary than cause and effect, while at the same time, pimping their home brand and putting down ours.

we have a horrible quarterback who has little confidence and should have won way more games than we have, and that is all it is.

sure there are some things around the edges that need work, but it's been so very clear to me from the beginning that our problems are indeed centered around one guy.

the quicker that is actually changed, the better, and if it is not changed, sports writers and fans can come up with whatever permutation of fiction they can dream up, to explain why the Huskers are sucking in year 3, despite the good talent we have been recruiting for years.

I'm curious, what will be the excuses next year?

For starters, we just added an awesome receivers/recruiting coach as OC. Do you think he is going to be primarily focused on the run game? FN! It's going to be pass pass pass..

Have we been recruiting passers? FN! we have guys who can run better than they can throw at QB.

This is probably the only excuse that makes any sense to me, because from where I sit, there isn't as much cohesion to what they are doing as I would like to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: skintight

I totally agree with everything you stated sir "except" the AMart comment. Of course, you very well could be 100% correct! But for two "maybe possible" reasons I'm betting he'll bounce back like a rubber ball.

1. For at least half of last year, Jurgen's hikes were flying around everywhere. I would guess that would really hurt the rythem of any qb.

2. Amart was pretty banged up last year. To this day I still don't know what it really was but it was obvious his acceleration was very, very slowed down.

Anyways, I'm sure you would agree that our OLine "should" be improved this year. If so, that would help AMart or anyone else a big bunch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT