ADVERTISEMENT

You know who I feel bad for

big red22

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 15, 2003
Yes, I feel terrible for all of us fans that would give our left nut to win a National Championship again. I feel worse for the people that pay for the content that makes us all feel like shit inside when it all falls in the shitter. Turns out that it was all a bunch of bull, and they pay for it

I feel bad for people like you that clearly have no sense of perspective and get upset by the whims of 17-18 year old kids.
Thanks, but I don't need your pity. Riley just needs this class to be good or we will have to put up with people like you bashing him for years to come.

It's a cycle and in the long run it really is that people like me don't want to hear all the negative shit over and over again... If we don't get anymore of the Calabasas connection, we miss out on an opportunity that we won't see again for a loooong time

In the future you are the one that is going to be in the dump. I'm all good, just sucks to go 0-4 today... As I stated it is just football

Reactions: jeans15
Thanks, but I don't need your pity. Riley just needs this class to be good or we will have to put up with people like you bashing him for years to come.

It's a cycle and in the long run it really is that people like me don't want to hear all the negative shit over and over again... If we don't get anymore of the Calabasas connection, we miss out on an opportunity that we won't see again for a loooong time

In the future you are the one that is going to be in the dump. I'm all good, just sucks to go 0-4 today... As I stated it is just football
You clearly don't know anything about me. I will never bash Riley and I am never in the dumps about a sports team.

Reactions: dinglefritz

I does but when was the last time we were even on the table, especially in 4/7 decisions, OU got shutout as well. 0-3 I believe. Keep swinging and fighting. I am not giving up on Calvin yet either.

I feel bad for people like you that clearly have no sense of perspective and get upset by the whims of 17-18 year old kids.

I have perspective. My perspective is that we are a middle of the pack B1G school that is not close to gaining on the elite of the B1G. We are struggling to stay with the Iowa's, Wisconsin's, Penn State's, Michigan State's and Nortwestern's of college football. It is not clear we can rise above those teams consistently. Today just is another data point pointing to our drift towards irrelevance. We needed a shake up after Bo. Instead we got proven mediocrity. Scott Frost is next. Young and dynamic is what we need now. We are now just treading water at best.

Last edited:
You clearly don't know anything about me. I will never bash Riley and I am never in the dumps about a sports team.
I don't nor do I ever want to. Don't single me out, because I thought we would land a few recruits

I feel for the coaches who have recruited these kids for a year and came up empty. Especially after being led to believe they were committing.

Yes, I feel terrible for all of us fans that would give our left nut to win a National Championship again. I feel worse for the people that pay for the content that makes us all feel like shit inside when it all falls in the shitter. Turns out that it was all a bunch of bull, and they pay for it

Don't need to be greedy... I would easily settle for a B1G Championship first.

I have perspective. My perspective is that we are a middle of the pack B1G school that is not close to gaining on the elite of the B1G. We are struggling to stay with the Iowa's, Wisconsin's, Penn State's, Michigan State's and Nortwestern's of college football. It is not clear we can rise above those teams consistrntly. Today just is another data point pointing to our drift towards irrelevance. We neede a shake up after Bo. Scott Frost is next. Young and dynamic is what we need now. We are now just treading water at best.

Shouldn't you be over on RSS posting these pearls of wisdom?

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
How come we never see these posts when there's a ton of excitement when we receive a commit from a top prospect?

I mean isn't the sense of perspective the same whether we're upset or ecstatic by the whims of 17-18 year old kids?

How come we never see these posts when there's a ton of excitement when we receive a commit from a top prospect?

I mean isn't the sense of perspective the same whether we're upset or ecstatic by the whims of 17-18 year old kids?
Sure. Never said it wasn't. You'll never see me on here whooping it up about commits. I pay attention to who's committing and who isn't just because I like to know what's going on. But it doesn't really affect my mood one way or the other. I don't criticize people who get excited about commits just because I don't want to be a killjoy or a wet blanket.

All I have seen on here is that we need to recruit to be successful. Now when we can't get a recruit everyone is supposed to be ok with that? If we can't coach up and we also can't recruit it probably won't end well.

I have perspective. My perspective is that we are a middle of the pack B1G school that is not close to gaining on the elite of the B1G. We are struggling to stay with the Iowa's, Wisconsin's, Penn State's, Michigan State's and Nortwestern's of college football. It is not clear we can rise above those teams consistently. Today just is another data point pointing to our drift towards irrelevance. We needed a shake up after Bo. Instead we got proven mediocrity. Scott Frost is next. Young and dynamic is what we need now. We are now just treading water at best.
I sympathize with this view. I wanted Frost too and was disappointed we hired a guy in his 60's without a winning record.
That said... Mike Riley is our head coach. And I have come to admire him very much and I think he is a good coach. But beyond my view of him or your view of him stands this important fact: he IS our coach and will be for a while. And the worst thing we can do now is fire him or even put him on a hot seat. We have to rebuild something from the ground up. That takes time. And it will NEVER happen if we keep firing coaches in a panic

Great post!

I feel for the coaches who have recruited these kids for a year and came up empty. Especially after being led to believe they were committing.

Feel bad for the coaches??? What?!! They're the ones that didn't close. I'm pissed at the coaches right now, because I was duped into thinking they could recruit better than the previous regime. It's becoming fairly obvious that they are very ordinary.

Feel bad for the coaches??? What?!! They're the ones that didn't close. I'm pissed at the coaches right now, because I was duped into thinking they could recruit better than the previous regime. It's becoming fairly obvious that they are very ordinary.
They have been ordinary for 30 years, I am not sure what we expected.

Like i said in another post, i feel the worst for the coaches. They're the ones always on the phone or on a plane away from their families trying to build relationships with these kids. That's a lot of looong hours that probably feel like a total waste after days like this.

Reactions: headcard
I sympathize with this view. I wanted Frost too and was disappointed we hired a guy in his 60's without a winning record.
That said... Mike Riley is our head coach. And I have come to admire him very much and I think he is a good coach. But beyond my view of him or your view of him stands this important fact: he IS our coach and will be for a while. And the worst thing we can do now is fire him or even put him on a hot seat. We have to rebuild something from the ground up. That takes time. And it will NEVER happen if we keep firing coaches in a panic

Totally agree- Riley is our head coach, we must give him time-- but it is also kinda depressing when you look at his record /age/ lack of recruiting prowess

We need a helluva lot more than Calabasas kids. New coaches usually recruit best in their first 2 years at the school. If this is the best they can do, we're in trouble!

Totally agree- Riley is our head coach, we must give him time-- but it is also kinda depressing when you look at his record /age/ lack of recruiting prowess

So why did Eichorst decide this was the best for us???
I'm behind Riley too... As far as Shawn he hasn't meet any of my expectations up to this point.

I 'm not sure why the bashing of True... I know he can be pointed but he does not bash the kids.
Disappointed today? Yes. But I have been since 2001 when I thought we had Carlyle Holliday wrapped up... Try not to get too high or too low but it's hard

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT