ADVERTISEMENT

You know what the Buckeyes don't have?

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

2 of their hoops players (who were Freshmen) coming back next year. So suck on that, resident Buckeye.

Reactions: chadron1
well we did have a winning basketball record.. so there is that.

I'm Happy you have Buckeyes on the Mind, that you have to create a personal post to OSU.

They don't have a women's volleyball national championship this year. Skers 1 OSU 0

A couple of circumstances that may ultimately combine to backfire on this thread

1. Rivals archives all these posts

2. We play OSU in the horseshoe on Nov 5

Last edited:
from the rumor mill is, that former players have been on campus and attended practice etc. etc., have made comments to some of these freshman of being lazy and entitled. That they didn't have the right to demand playing time if they weren't willing to work. Now not saying that is true or not. Giddens couldn't shoot, fouled way to much, but is a good defensive center. A.J. Harris defensive stopper, short 5'7", didn't shoot well. Mitchell, committed, decommitted, committed again, blew out his ACL, great vision, great passer, horrid shooter. Granderstaff, thought he was a shooter, couldn't defend and his dad was way to involved, made public comments about how his son couldn't defend or rebound but could shoot.

from the rumor mill is, that former players have been on campus and attended practice etc. etc., have made comments to some of these freshman of being lazy and entitled. That they didn't have the right to demand playing time if they weren't willing to work. Now not saying that is true or not. Giddens couldn't shoot, fouled way to much, but is a good defensive center. A.J. Harris defensive stopper, short 5'7", didn't shoot well. Mitchell, committed, decommitted, committed again, blew out his ACL, great vision, great passer, horrid shooter. Granderstaff, thought he was a shooter, couldn't defend and his dad was way to involved, made public comments about how his son couldn't defend or rebound but could shoot.
Well that's a relief for the almighty Buckeyes! Get em out!

Any Buckeye fan who doesn't feel compelled to put that pretentious little "t" in front of OSU should be welcomed here with open arms.

Other than this one time, I will never ever refer to Ohio State as tOSU. As a matter of fact, I think I will refer to them as aosu (an ohio state university, as in one of many state colleges in Ohio).

Other than this one time, I will never ever refer to Ohio State as tOSU. As a matter of fact, I think I will refer to them as aosu (an ohio state university, as in one of many state colleges in Ohio).
same reason i refer to UNL for that same logic.

same reason i refer to UNL for that same logic.

UNL doesn't bother me. It was always used to distinguish between Omaha and Lincoln. Is there more than one Ohio State that I should be made aware of??

you forget unmc, and unk . There is no other OSU unless they are Satellites schools like unk, uno and unmc.

Why are we called "THE" Ohio State University"?

In 1986, a new University logo was introduced in the hopes of moving away from the "OSU" symbol, which had been used since 1977. The change from simply "OSU" was said to "reflect the national stature of the institution." University officials wanted the institution to be known as "The Ohio State University," again, since OSU could also mean Oregon State and Oklahoma State University.

However, the "The" was actually part of the state legislation when the university was renamed in 1878. The following excerpt is from the Board of Trustee minutes:

"...the educational institution heretofore known as the 'Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College,' shall be known and designated hereafter as 'The Ohio State University.'"

Those who wanted the name change thought the original name was too narrow in scope, and that it was inadequate for the institution that was the only beneficiary of the land grant act. President Edward Orton was insistent that a new name would separate the institution from other colleges in Ohio.

Legend also has it that "The" was used to show the other colleges which institution was supposed to be the leader in the state - both in size and in financial support from the legislature. <-- now that sounds cocky. :)

you forget unmc, and unk . There is no other OSU unless they are Satellites schools like unk, uno and unmc.

Why are we called "THE" Ohio State University"?

In 1986, a new University logo was introduced in the hopes of moving away from the "OSU" symbol, which had been used since 1977. The change from simply "OSU" was said to "reflect the national stature of the institution." University officials wanted the institution to be known as "The Ohio State University," again, since OSU could also mean Oregon State and Oklahoma State University.

However, the "The" was actually part of the state legislation when the university was renamed in 1878. The following excerpt is from the Board of Trustee minutes:

"...the educational institution heretofore known as the 'Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College,' shall be known and designated hereafter as 'The Ohio State University.'"

Those who wanted the name change thought the original name was too narrow in scope, and that it was inadequate for the institution that was the only beneficiary of the land grant act. President Edward Orton was insistent that a new name would separate the institution from other colleges in Ohio.

Legend also has it that "The" was used to show the other colleges which institution was supposed to be the leader in the state - both in size and in financial support from the legislature. <-- now that sounds cocky. :)

Ya know, honestly I don't give a shit why your fans call you tOSU. You're Ohio State to me...and I don't confuse you with Okie or Oregon St.

They don't have 4 National Champioships against SEC teams
LSU, Alabama, Florida, Tennisee!!!!

You know, that's a good point. Even better is having 5 national championships against southern teams (Those you mentioned plus Miami).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT