ADVERTISEMENT

you KNOW preacher stories.....

spartanhusker

College Football Hall of Fame
May 29, 2001
...I've never known a preacher who couldn't, no matter how well intentioned, make a story 'fit' a point they wanted to make......the preacher I'm going to reference in Oklahoma once told a glowing story about our daughter, who runs an orphanage in Zambia, and while it was very nice, it was about 15% accurate...:)

So anyway, this last Sunday, same preacher is giving a very good lesson on reaching ONE person as a goal(for us evangelicals) and at the end, he showed the Jack touchdown tape and his friendship with Rex B.....not a dry eye, BUT did it begin with a friendship with these two?

...I've never known a preacher who couldn't, no matter how well intentioned, make a story 'fit' a point they wanted to make......the preacher I'm going to reference in Oklahoma once told a glowing story about our daughter, who runs an orphanage in Zambia, and while it was very nice, it was about 15% accurate...:)

So anyway, this last Sunday, same preacher is giving a very good lesson on reaching ONE person as a goal(for us evangelicals) and at the end, he showed the Jack touchdown tape and his friendship with Rex B.....not a dry eye, BUT did it begin with a friendship with these two?
I thought it did, but the idea for the TD run came I believe from another player who approached somebody on the staff (seems like that was Jamrog)about doing it. Eventually the football administration people and Pelini okayed it. At the time the administration (PR) people tried to make it sound as if it was Pelini's idea. It was probably the best thing that occurred during Pelini's tenure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT