ADVERTISEMENT

You know....I think we win....

Agree, they have yet to score less than 45. While allowing their opp to score and average of 9 ppg. Our opponents have scored an average 25 ppg against us. If our offense has another sluggish start like last week we could easily be down 3 td before the 1st quarter is over.
I feel like a good portion of those points has been due to our offensive woes which seem the be getting better.

Reactions: husker2612
On every message board there is always somebody who thinks their team is going to win a game they have almost zero chance of winning, this week it's your turn to be that guy....and why not? What's the worst that will happen? Plus, if it does come to fruition, you can live on it the rest of the season, so I salute you sir!!! May the force be with you and your prediction!!

This. I tried predicting a win @PSU and Saquon two years ago. I didn't actually think NU would win, but like you said, why not? Made the week more fun to be "that guy."

I hope spartanhusker achieves Prediction God status this weekend. We all do. Realistically, I think the Bucks are going to stick it to us pretty good. Unless Joe Bauserman is starting for OSU, winning seems almost out of the question but stranger things I guess.

Reactions: 9and4
I feel like a good portion of those points has been due to our offensive woes which seem the be getting better.
Would be nice to see how many points the other team scored on us from our turnovers. Anyone have the time to figure that out. Im just guessing 35 pts.

Oh it is better than that. Every simulator/ computer model I have seen gives us about a 20% chance. Still bad no doubt, but not horrible all things considered. I agree it will take a miracle to pull out a win. The team will have to play as close to perfect football as possible. While Ohio St will need to have one of their worst games of the year. I too see the score in the 50s - 20s range.

Fully agree sir. The one thing never mentioned is that in my opinion anyway our OLne has moved forward the last two weeks. Oh, sure they're still marginal but they are getting better. At least I think so. That helps a lot imo.

Odds of us beating them are low.....but surely higher than 1%.

Reactions: husker2612
The dynamics entering the game are a bit different this year. We may have garnered more of their attention ahead of the game being 3-1 with the game in Lincoln versus being 2-6 heading into Columbus last year
I agree, last year doesn't mean anything. Ohio State was struggling with some things when we played them last year while we were improving. I don't think this team is built to take on teams like Ohio State yet, and I think there's a lot more things that can go wrong than can go right.

AM can't be hesitant at all or Ohio State's going to eat this offense alive with sacks and interceptions. Against the poor defenses we've played, Mo Washington can go ahead and bounce everything to the outside and do well. That's not going to work against Ohio State.

We'll find out how good our defense really is. I can see them keeping us in the game, but I could also see the floodgates open and not be able to stop the run or the pass.

I don't have a good feeling about this game at all. Ohio State is going to play a lot better than they did last year. We're going to have to play extremely well just to keep this game close. I don't think that happens though and I think this game will be a blowout.

As Newt told Ripley in Aliens after Ripley talked about the soldiers being there, “it won’t make any difference.” Ohio State is the Aliens, let’s hope Nebraska is a team of Ripley’s Saturday night.

...and I realize there is NO empirical evidence to support this stance, except a feeling that MAYBE we can shock the world....this is a VERY good osu team, but shocking outcomes have happened before...

And I'm usually the most pessimistic rational person on here....:)

Hey, it’s definitely POSSIBLE. Last year everyone wrote us off and didn’t give us a chance in hell. And we all seen how that played out. 31-36 lose at OSU stadium. I will not predict another game this year but I’ll say this...we very well could win and at the same time, it could get ugly. But seeing how we did against them last year, it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if we won this year. GBR

They are substantially better this year, I believe.

I think they are hitting on all cylinders right now, and my worry is that even if we play a clean game, relatively speaking, with minimal penalties and 1 TO at most, we still could easily lose by 3 scores. Hope I’m wrong, but this optimist just doesn’t see it going well for us.
Last year they played sloppy, uninspired, and were on the verge of killing us at points. I do t expect that this year, but still feel we’re going to surprise and keep the fans engaged deeper into the game than most pundits expect

Last year they played sloppy, uninspired, and were on the verge of killing us at points. I do t expect that this year, but still feel we’re going to surprise and keep the fans engaged deeper into the game than most pundits expect

Yes sir, our Huskers played there asses off last year and believed they deserved to be on the same field and it showed. You are correct.

AM can't be hesitant at all or Ohio State's going to eat this offense alive with sacks and interceptions. Against the poor defenses we've played, Mo Washington can go ahead and bounce everything to the outside and do well. That's not going to work against Ohio State.

Mo can bounce it outside against anyone. OSU had some slow LBs last year. The key will be to balance the outside stuff. They used the direct snap to do that last week and it worked great. It's on film now though. OSU's DL also seems to be quite stout, so we'll see what Frost comes up with.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Mo can bounce it outside against anyone. OSU had some slow LBs last year. The key will be to balance the outside stuff. They used the direct snap to do that last week and it worked great. It's on film now though. OSU's DL also seems to be quite stout, so we'll see what Frost comes up with.

This...and all game long. We need to feed Washington and Robinson the ball all game long. And then hit JD when they are focusing on them.

This...and all game long. We need to feed Washington and Robinson the ball all game long. And then hit JD when they are focusing on them.

Honestly hope someone else steps up again. Stoll has actually stepped up in key spots and did so last year against OSU as well. Need him or a few other guys to make a big play or two.

OSU is probably as overconfident as last year. Last year it nearly cost them and that was in Columbus. Hopefully our crowd is insane. That would help as would some turnovers. We should lose big but that’s exactly what gives me hope.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT