ADVERTISEMENT

You know how far we've fallen when

The Nebraska football classic on BTN is NU vs. Purdue from last year. This is hard to watch.
I am a little disappointed in BTN in regards to NU games on there. I see the Wisconson title game all the time and a few Iowa games but where is the beat down of MSU in 2011 or the OSU win or pick a game in 2012 except the title game. Maybe I am just paranoid but it seems as if we are not given equal treatment on some things with the network nor do we seem to have a fair shake on scheduling from the conference. Even Moos has referred to the later are we not truly welcome in the BIG10?

I am a little disappointed in BTN in regards to NU games on there. I see the Wisconson title game all the time and a few Iowa games but where is the beat down of MSU in 2011 or the OSU win or pick a game in 2012 except the title game. Maybe I am just paranoid but it seems as if we are not given equal treatment on some things with the network nor do we seem to have a fair shake on scheduling from the conference. Even Moos has referred to the later are we not truly welcome in the BIG10?
We’re a new kid in a conference that’s older than dirt. Nebraska will never fit in. Also, in all fairness we haven’t really brought anything to the table. Lots of bad football in a weak division.

We’re a new kid in a conference that’s older than dirt. Nebraska will never fit in. Also, in all fairness we haven’t really brought anything to the table. Lots of bad football in a weak division.
Agreed. Heck, Penn State has been a member of this conference for 25 or 30 years and you still hear some not really consider them true members of the conference. Of course having an assistant coach molest little kids and then a coverup doesn't help. If we start winning like we used to, we will get more respect.

Some of our best 'classic' wins since we joined the BiG TeN:

2011- Ohio State; at Penn State
2012- Wisconsin; at Northwestern; at Michigan State; Penn State
2013- Northwestern; at Michigan; at Penn State; Georgia
2014- McNeese St??; Miami; at Iowa
2015- Michigan St; UCLA
2016- Oregon; at Indiana?; Minnesota?
2017- yep, at Purdue

Reactions: IUHusker

Yes, it's high time to earn some respect.

I think its a little deserved though, don't you? I mean Nebraska has not really done a dang thing except get throttled by Wisky in the CCG.....that one time.

We beat OSU....one time.....when Luke freaking Fickle was the interim head coach. We haven't made them punt in 6 quarters!!! !!! !!!

Iowa is beating Nebraska by double digits!

We don't belong in the Big Ten and maybe someday the stars will align and we can untie this knot.
Oh my gosh...YES!
I wish more of us fans would finally admit this. This conference sucks balls. We all laughed at this conference for years and now so many are trying to pretend like it is awesome.

Oh my gosh...YES!
I wish more of us fans would finally admit this. This conference sucks balls. We all laughed at this conference for years and now so many are trying to pretend like it is awesome.
It may surprise you that some aren’t pretending. The reason you and Nikki hate it isn’t because the conference sucks balls, it’s because we have sucked balls since joining. When we start winning under Frost, you’ll feel better about where we are. I promise.

Most of our games have been shit.

Reactions: Crushinator
It may surprise you that some aren’t pretending. The reason you and Nikki hate it isn’t because the conference sucks balls, it’s because we have sucked balls since joining. When we start winning under Frost, you’ll feel better about where we are. I promise.
Oh, I hate it because the games are so far away. It is annoying. But if the plates keep pushing into each other I suppose there is a chance things get closer.

Reactions: timnsun
Tells you everything you need to know. NU has more in common right now with Purdue, IU, and Northwestern than it does with the big boys. Purdue outplayed Nebraska but couldn't capitalize when it counted. Dropped deep balls kept them from giving us the Minnesota treatment before Minnesota did it. They hit on those TD passes and NU would have quit.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Was thinking the very same thing. BTN has been showing the Purdue game, 1994 Team, and Brook Berringer shows in the past week as they cycle thru the conference. Am glad they are done showing the 2010 Missouri game.

When it comes to Big 10 games, am not sure what are the great games to show. 2011 - MSU & OSU; 2012 - Wisconsin, NW, & Michigan St; 2013 - NW, Michigan, and Penn St; 2014 - Iowa; 2015 - Michigan St, 2016 - Northwestern, 2017 - Illinois

Oh, I hate it because the games are so far away. It is annoying. But if the plates keep pushing into each other I suppose there is a chance things get closer.

Heh, well you probably don't want to hold your breath waiting for that. :)

But when NU starts winning.....that will help!

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Sure, I don't like that we have sucked since we joined this league, but the reason I hate the move is because we flushed our entire identity down the toilet by making the change. All the old rivalries, the old traditions, all of it, down the john. So yes, now Nebraska has to start over at square 1, and it hasn't been a good 7 years with the financial screw job that Perlman and Delaney did. We used to have a say so in the old conference, some real weight, even if we were outvoted, now, we are just told what to do. All the close games you used to be able to travel to, those are mostly gone, and on top of it all, you have a conference hell bent on tv money, regardless if it hurts the league's chances to get into the playoffs. Thanks for the 9 games Jim. I absolutely hate the Big Ten, and no I'll never like it.

Oh my gosh...YES!
Why does the conference suck balls? Because we keep getting pistol whipped? We laughed because we thought we were superior. We're in the weaker division and we still get our ass kicked. But maybe you're right, let's tuck tale and run, and then we can start to laugh at the conference again.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Why does the conference suck balls? Because we keep getting pistol whipped? We laughed because we thought we were superior. We're in the weaker division and we still get our ass kicked. But maybe you're right, let's tuck tale and run, and then we can start to laugh at the conference again.
I am fine with that...

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Tuck tail.

This is exactly right, it was all laughs on this board about how NU would dominate football and baseball immediately in the B1G when we joined the conference. All we've done since then is suck out loud. None of the blame belongs to the conference for how NU has done.

If Maryland and Rutgers got better deals, that's their credit for negotiating better, it's not the conference's job to hand us money for nothing.

Tuck tail.

This is exactly right, it was all laughs on this board about how NU would dominate football and baseball immediately in the B1G when we joined the conference. All we've done since then is suck out loud. None of the blame belongs to the conference for how NU has done.

If Maryland and Rutgers got better deals, that's their credit for negotiating better, it's not the conference's job to hand us money for nothing.
I forgot about the baseball talk! Holy cow...the talk of how dominate the Husker baseball team would be in the Big Ten was amazing!

Reactions: TheBeav815
The insiders are beginning to recognize that the Big Ten is under consideration as the best football conference in the country. This is a pretty significant shift since maybe 5 years ago it seemed as though the SEC was untouchable. I'm not sure if average fans have made the mental shift yet, but respect is coming.

When you have OSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Penn State as your top shelf, then following up with Iowa, Nebraska (hopefully on the rise and soon to be top shelf), an up and comer in Purdue, Northwestern... you've got a pretty solid conference that is certainly as deep if not deeper than the SEC. The conference is fairing much better in bowl games (I think only one loss last year), so perception is turning. In terms of football respect, I'd much rather be in the Big Ten than the Big 12 where scores have both teams regularly in the 40s.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
The insiders are beginning to recognize that the Big Ten is under consideration as the best football conference in the country. This is a pretty significant shift since maybe 5 years ago it seemed as though the SEC was untouchable. I'm not sure if average fans have made the mental shift yet, but respect is coming.

When you have OSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Penn State as your top shelf, then following up with Iowa, Nebraska (hopefully on the rise and soon to be top shelf), an up and comer in Purdue, Northwestern... you've got a pretty solid conference that is certainly as deep if not deeper than the SEC. The conference is fairing much better in bowl games (I think only one loss last year), so perception is turning. In terms of football respect, I'd much rather be in the Big Ten than the Big 12 where scores have both teams regularly in the 40s.

The 45-42 scores will be coming to the B1G too. With every head coach hired with an offensive background, Meyer, Franklin, Frost, Harbaugh, Brohm. This particular cycle of college football is about wide open offenses. The scores will reflect that until the cycle turns and defenses catch up.

Sure, I don't like that we have sucked since we joined this league, but the reason I hate the move is because we flushed our entire identity down the toilet by making the change. All the old rivalries, the old traditions, all of it, down the john. So yes, now Nebraska has to start over at square 1, and it hasn't been a good 7 years with the financial screw job that Perlman and Delaney did. We used to have a say so in the old conference, some real weight, even if we were outvoted, now, we are just told what to do. All the close games you used to be able to travel to, those are mostly gone, and on top of it all, you have a conference hell bent on tv money, regardless if it hurts the league's chances to get into the playoffs. Thanks for the 9 games Jim. I absolutely hate the Big Ten, and no I'll never like it.
For the most part, this is spot on. Solid post, but it isn’t going to get better until we get better. Here’s to Frost accomplishing the improvement we need, and seeing the conference, and then the country, begin to fear the Big Red again...

Thank you for some sanity here. The talk recently has been how the B1G is getting stronger, and maybe even challenging the SEC-and yet we have people saying this conference "sucks balls". Some people will say any conference we are in "sucks balls", just because that's the way some people are-complain and criticize everything. Especially since we can't complain about our coach right now, we have to find something else to complain about.

Reactions: GILL T
Thank you for some sanity here. The talk recently has been how the B1G is getting stronger, and maybe even challenging the SEC-and yet we have people saying this conference "sucks balls". Some people will say any conference we are in "sucks balls", just because that's the way some people are-complain and criticize everything. Especially since we can't complain about our coach right now, we have to find something else to complain about.

It sucks balls because of the distance to away games. Period.

I don't care about the conference stability or the cash...because those things don't impact me or my life.

Actually compared to the 2015 game at Purdue, last year's game was an all-timer. I tried to get on board with the Riley regime, but that 2015 game entrenched me as a skeptic. Playing a walk-on QB against one of the half-dozen worst rushing defenses in the nation, and Langsford decides to chuck the ball all over the field. As a special bonus, we got to hear about how NU couldn't run because Purdue was stacking the box!!! Never mind that actual running plays averaged 5+ yards per carry that day, with sacks and botched snaps dragging it down around 2 yards - that didn't matter. If you were puzzled about NU's game plan, you were Stuck-in-the-90s-Run-the-Ball-Guy and needed to be a better fan!

I think its a little deserved though, don't you? I mean Nebraska has not really done a dang thing except get throttled by Wisky in the CCG.....that one time.

We beat OSU....one time.....when Luke freaking Fickle was the interim head coach. We haven't made them punt in 6 quarters!!! !!! !!!

Iowa is beating Nebraska by double digits!

If we're going to point fingers and poke holes in wins, let's at least do it right. We're blaming our win vs OSU on Fickle?? Everybody knows its Bauserman who was responsible for our W.

Reactions: ButchCassidy85
The 45-42 scores will be coming to the B1G too. With every head coach hired with an offensive background, Meyer, Franklin, Frost, Harbaugh, Brohm. This particular cycle of college football is about wide open offenses. The scores will reflect that until the cycle turns and defenses catch up.
You can say that Meyer and Harbaugh are offensive coaches, as they are, but it is not fair to paint them as teams soft on defense. Michigan may have the country's best defense next year and Ohio State was 9th in total defense last year. As a matter of fact, the B1G had three teams in the top 10 of total defense ratings last season (Wisconsin 2, Michigan 3, Ohio State 9) and throw in Penn State at 17 and Indiana at 27. This conference understands the importance of excellence on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: huskerfan1414

You must have amnesia and forgot why we left in the first place. It wasn't because we we're winning conference championships or having a lot to say in the B12.

You can say that Meyer and Harbaugh are offensive coaches, as they are, but it is not fair to paint them as teams soft on defense. Michigan may have the country's best defense next year and Ohio State was 9th in total defense last year. As a matter of fact, the B1G had three teams in the top 10 of total defense ratings last season (Wisconsin 2, Michigan 3, Ohio State 9) and throw in Penn State at 17 and Indiana at 27. This conference understands the importance of excellence on both sides of the ball.

Don’t confuse more offense with soft defense. Clemson and Alabama are notoriously tough defenses but seem to give up 40 points a piece when they play each other. Is Frost soft on D? His team last year gave up their fair share of points. Penn St and Ohio St was a 39-38 game.

So if I’m reading this right, so far the BIG “sucks balls” because

1) The opponents are further away (this is the fault of the conference how?)
2) Maryland and Rutgers may or may not have received better deals (fault of the conference how?)
3) Our old rivalries now reside in the B12, the SEC, and the PAC 12 (fault of the conference how?)

The BIG 8 isn’t coming back. That all ended when the Big 12 was formed.

You know what sucks balls? Things like Dan Beebe being hand picked for one purpose: to service UT in every way imaginable, in ways that are probably illegal in many states. Things of that nature ARE the fault of the conference, are dysfunctional as hell, and truly “suck balls” — literally as well as figuratively.

The BIG is on its way to becoming the best football conference. It’s attracting coaching talent. It’s not done attracting premiere programs.

And college football pays the bills in the current landscape if you want a nationally relevant program. You might not care about that. But intelligent administrations do.

Our current issues are 100% self inflicted. But the good news is, we’re positioned to get out of the hole and if this program starts holding up its end of the deal, the rewards in this conference can and will be great.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT