ADVERTISEMENT

You Huskers fans are in a unique position to answer a age old question

soybean

Sep 30, 2001
Is it better to get blown out big time, or lose these heartbreaking last second deals?

Every team eventually suffers some close demoralizing games but it seems you guys have had more than your fair share this season already. Good luck with the Gophers.

Close losses are better, at least I have a reason to watch the whole game. Records alone don't tell the whole story. Last years team was 9-4 and could easily been 7-6 or worse.

Is it better to get blown out big time, or lose these heartbreaking last second deals?

Every team eventually suffers some close demoralizing games but it seems you guys have had more than your fair share this season already. Good luck with the Gophers.
Yeah probably the close losses, at least the team is only a few corrections away from winning. What worries me is the corrections are not being made and the close losses keep happening. With "good" coaches this should not be happening.

There could still be blowouts coming, hopefully not, but there is still half a season to go.

It is pretty amazing that we are dead last nationally in both pass defense and penalties, and yet have had a chance to win every game. I think we are fortunate that the Big Ten is not a conference of great passing teams.

Close losses give you hope that with some small changes the team wins instead of loses. Getting boat raced is much worse.

Close losses, I've had a belly full of blowout losses, enough to last a life time!

Close games are exciting, blowouts are a national humiliation to a once great program.

We will be back!
GO BIG RED!

Close losses. Sure, they are nail biters, but I have to say, they've been fun to watch at the same time. If this team can find a way to have three less penalties a game, rush for an average of 150 per game, and get at least one turnover a game, I would think 4 more wins are possible. Wishful thinking probably, but what the heck, it's better than dwelling on the negatives.

We haven't played a ranked team yet. When we get blown out later in the season we'll let you know which was worse.

Both suck.

They are both like going to a bar full of women, but a blow out is when you hit on all of them and none pay attention to you. These excruciating losses are like when the hotest chick in the bar is all over you, gives you a fake phone number and sneaks out the back.

Of course I'm decades past those days.

We haven't played a ranked team yet. When we get blown out later in the season we'll let you know which was worse.
By "we" you must mean Youngstown State right? At least judging by your posts that must be it.

By "we" you must mean Youngstown State right? At least judging by your posts that must be it.
penguin-update.jpg

Laughing

Close losses are better, at least I have a reason to watch the whole game. Records alone don't tell the whole story. Last years team was 9-4 and could easily been 7-6 or worse.

Could have also been 12-1 by that same logic. Wiscy was the only loss decided by more than a td I believe.

Reactions: HuskerClassic
ADVERTISEMENT