ADVERTISEMENT

You heard it here first: Nebraska upsets Penn State this weekend

Larry Hagman's Liver

Defensive Coordinator
Nov 18, 2004
In Transit
Who wants to make a bet? I'm super confident in my prediction, but I gotta insist on Vegas odds of course. If I'm wrong I have to stay off the board for one week. If you're wrong you have to stay off the board for the next 12 years.

Any takers?

when-my-neighbor-says-hell-tell-on-me-for-using-my-moms-car-while-shes-away-30416.gif

Who wants to make a bet? I'm super confident in my prediction, but I gotta insist on Vegas odds of course. If I'm wrong I have to stay off the board for one week. If you're wrong you have to stay off the board for the next 12 years.

Any takers?

when-my-neighbor-says-hell-tell-on-me-for-using-my-moms-car-while-shes-away-30416.gif

I'll do it, but for Vegas odds, its 12 years for 12 years.

I'll take it. But you have to forfeit your screen name to me. Yours might be my favorite one on the board.

If the normal, "our coach is getting fired, lets go win it for him" held true here I could maybe see it. Heck even if we were home, slight possibility. To go into not so happy valley and overcome a -26 point spread with a team who just got a whooping by Minn, of all teams. Not a chance in this situation. This team is too far gone, the teaching and talent is to far gone. 1 week to 12 years those aren't even vegas odds. That is like getting 600-1 on your money.

Any takers?

Hey JR...I already bet on PSU

Unfortunately, I think Saquon Barkley gets back in the heisman race after Saturday's game. :(

If the normal, "our coach is getting fired, lets go win it for him" held true here I could maybe see it. Heck even if we were home, slight possibility. To go into not so happy valley and overcome a -26 point spread with a team who just got a whooping by Minn, of all teams. Not a chance in this situation. This team is too far gone, the teaching and talent is to far gone. 1 week to 12 years those aren't even vegas odds. That is like getting 600-1 on your money.

I couldn't find a moneyline number for this game, but considering our 1st round QB (maybe the #1 overall pick if he declares) is most likely out, I'd say 600-1 is pretty fair.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Not sure this is where someone heard it first, as I opined this notion this morning already.
Wouldn’t it be funny if Riley pulled off one of his upsets and the Huskers knocked off Penn State??

Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Would make for some uncomfortable fans knowing an Iowa win would then result in a bowl invite.

And while I think the premise is unlikely, I do think it's possible. 1) Riley has historically knocked off a team he was unexpected to beat 2) the team already had their "I quit" moment. They still have two weeks to play. They may be playing with a little more "nothing to lose" than they have in the past and 3) Penn State is eliminated from the playoffs with a beat up offensive line (Rutgers just held Barkley to 35 rushing yards.

I wouldn't be quite as bold as you, placing a wager on the win, but it wouldn't completely shock me.

What exactly do you mean by "upsets" Penn St?

Make them unhappy?
Knock them over?
Disturb their digestive systems?

You certainty can't mean that the Nebraska football team beats the Penn State football team this upcoming weekend...

What I think the OP is trying to say is the upset will be that Penn St rushes for 500 yards instead of 600 yards.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
Ya know, I've heard a lot of things here first, and 98% of those things belong in the landfill...much like this opening post.

You are super confident that the upset is coming, but require Vegas odds? What a very un-Larry Hangman's Liver-like thing to say. OK, out with it...what did you do to LH'sL?!! Is he bound and gagged somewhere?

Not sure this is where someone heard it first, as I opined this notion this morning already.

And while I think the premise is unlikely, I do think it's possible. 1) Riley has historically knocked off a team he was unexpected to beat 2) the team already had their "I quit" moment. They still have two weeks to play. They may be playing with a little more "nothing to lose" than they have in the past and 3) Penn State is eliminated from the playoffs with a beat up offensive line (Rutgers just held Barkley to 35 rushing yards.

I wouldn't be quite as bold as you, placing a wager on the win, but it wouldn't completely shock me.

In that case, you heard it here second.

Reactions: chicolby
Ya know, I've heard a lot of things here first, and 98% of those things belong in the landfill...much like this opening post.

You are super confident that the upset is coming, but require Vegas odds? What a very un-Larry Hangman's Liver-like thing to say. OK, out with it...what did you do to LH'sL?!! Is he bound and gagged somewhere?

Time for the 2% you pull out of the trash, dust off and proudly display on the mantle. :Cool:

Same LHL here... alive, arguably sane and mostly in charge of my faculties.

Reactions: Hoosker Du

Any takers?

It is possible, with POB pulling the trigger Penn State is at a distinct disadvantage in defensive preparation. Had Nebraska pulled an upset at Minnesota they would only need 1 more win to go bowling, who knows a Penn State upset, some momentum heading into Black Friday and you still go bowling.

Hate Riley or love him, he can put some shit teams on the field then play one of the best (#1 USC ring a bell) and knock them off. Hey, we could beat PSU. Riley has been known to pull games like this off. It’s just to bad he can’t get a team to play like that ever single Saturday.

I would like to jinx pedo state and just say there is no way our defense can hold them below 500 yards and 35 pts. Now c'mon Husker offense, all you have to do is score 36. Ohhhhhhh.

Hate Riley or love him, he can put some shit teams on the field then play one of the best (#1 USC ring a bell) and knock them off. Hey, we could beat PSU. Riley has been known to pull games like this off. It’s just to bad he can’t get a team to play like that ever single Saturday.
I have never watched one of his upset games – but I would imagine it has more to do with the favored team sleep walking into the game when they saw the next game on their schedule was a Mike Riley coached unit.

Reactions: Sinomatic
ADVERTISEMENT