ADVERTISEMENT

You get what you pay for...

I want a proven winner. I don't want an assistant on a winning team or a coach whose never won before. I don't want a coach at a small time school who has "Nebraska" ties but hasn't won sh1t. Open up the checkbook. I've had enough and the fanbase has had enough too.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
We have our full share of Big Ten revenue. We can afford to hire anybody we want. Besides, how much gear and donations do you think are coming in for a losing team? Winning = $$$

Reactions: huskerdude88
We have our full share of Big Ten revenue. We can afford to hire anybody we want. Besides, how much gear and donations do you think are coming in for a losing team? Winning = $$$
You are right. They have the money to do this regardless of what people think. In the end, it is all about money. Wins equal more revenue. Snowball effect.

Reactions: huskerdude88
No one knows if the next head coach will be any better or not. But if the guy you have now isn't the one you don't keep him just because the next guy might not be any better. Riley's benefit of the doubt probably just ran out - I hope he helps us out and he retires (we can still agree to pay him his buyout). A retirement would be viewed much better nationally than a firing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT