ADVERTISEMENT

You can take Bo out of the program but cant take the Bo........

Sooner_or_Later

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 7, 2001
out of the players. Us against the world lives on.

https://www.instagram.com/tommy_gun4/
tommy_gun4Throughout my junior year I've dealt with so many obstacles and challenges. The lord has a plan and through tough times he finds a way to give back to the ones who accepts the challenges for better or worse. Next year is my last year as a "Husker" and I can promise my teammates and Brothers that they will get my all. Times will get hard, times will get frustrating and times will be great but I can promise you that I will push them to another level. It's us against the world and throughout my career I've realized that my brothers support me no matter what. Offseason starts now with or without a bowl game!! This season is a learning experience for not just me but for our team!! 2016 will be something special!! One last ride with my boys!!!

You can tell the kid's heart is in the right place, but good gawd the life lessons he learned from Bo are flawed and maturity stunting.

Tommy, everything you do in life will be liked by some and disliked by others. Letting a natural phenomenon isolate you to just your "brothers" is a sure way to miss out on the wonderful things the world has to offer. One of your college coaches embraces praise and critcism, one of them says f' em. One of those men seems at peace with life. Pick the mentality that will lead you to happiness.

Tommy, what's up with that? We all love you...no one is against you. Just read this board and you will know you are supported. Don't go all Bo on us when we have done nothing but give you encouragement and kudos. You are a Husker...and we have your back! GBR

Last edited:
Reactions: Hskerhd
out of the players. Us against the world lives on.

tommy_gun4Throughout my junior year I've dealt with so many obstacles and challenges. The lord has a plan and through tough times he finds a way to give back to the ones who accepts the challenges for better or worse. Next year is my last year as a "Husker" and I can promise my teammates and Brothers that they will get my all. Times will get hard, times will get frustrating and times will be great but I can promise you that I will push them to another level. It's us against the world and throughout my career I've realized that my brothers support me no matter what. Offseason starts now with or without a bowl game!! This season is a learning experience for not just me but for our team!! 2016 will be something special!! One last ride with my boys!!!

I honestly believe Bo lumped the fans in with everyone else when he said, "Us against the world".

I didn't get that same feeling when reading TA's tweet. I don't think Nebraska fans should be offended when TA said, "It's us against the world...." I don't believe he meant it the same way as Bo did. jmo.

There is nothing wrong with he wrote, other than it fits into some weird narrative you folks have going.

If there wasn't a 7 year run of a foul mouth coach before him that hated the fans and talked the same way I would agree with you...but there was....and this sounds like the same rhetoric to a lot of people. He's made several quotes recently about everyone he cares for and plays for, and he never mentions the fans...so many people, myself included, are going to think to themselves "this again".

So, the "us versus the world thing" has driven me crazy for a long time now. I was thinking about that today, though, and I wonder if it's going to be that way forever. I suppose social media is a double edged sword, and it seems that instant, anonymous forms of communication put today's youth on the defensive. Sure, there were the same loudmouth idiot fans in the 70's, but it was harder to communicate their stupidity to the athletes. If a QB had a bad game 30 years ago, he had to deal with family, friends, and shouts from the stands. Now, he gets to have his mistakes (perceived or real) instantly broadcast to everyone with internet. I can't imagine it, to be honest. I would never want to be a public figure in this day and age.

I yearn for the days when (most) fans and the team were united. They did exist, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Maybe that's not possible anymore.

He's made several quotes recently about everyone he cares for and plays for, and he never mentions the fans....
Just because he doesn't mention the fans or even if he doesn't play for the fans doesn't mean that he's against the fans.

I can't believe that even he... Tommy Armstrong had the horrible judgement to use that phrase. Wow!?!

Reactions: arf_man
to me, this is Pelini-talk, from your senior to be QB

and one who is desperately trying to keep his starting job

You can tell the kid's heart is in the right place, but good gawd the life lessons he learned from Bo are flawed and maturity stunting.

Tommy, everything you do in life will be liked by some and disliked by others. Letting a natural phenomenon isolate you to just your "brothers" is a sure way to miss out on the wonderful things the world has to offer. One of your college coaches embraces praise and critcism, one of them says f' em. One of those men seems at peace with life. Pick the mentality that will lead you to happiness.
Agree - good post

Just because he doesn't mention the fans or even if he doesn't play for the fans doesn't mean that he's against the fans.

If he didn't already have a history of getting into a twitter war with a fan hours before the USC bowl game last year I might agree with you....but he did, so I don't.

If he didn't already have a history of getting into a twitter war with a fan hours before the USC bowl game last year I might agree with you....but he did, so I don't.
Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, he may very well be against the fans, to me personally I didn't take it that way.

Hell...we have people on this board that freak the F out if they get called out/taunted/ripped on...Imagine what it is like for some of these players.

Hell...we have people on this board that freak the F out if they get called out/taunted/ripped on...Imagine what it is like for some of these players.

In the real world if you don't do your job up to a certain standard your fired. Then you lose your house and car cause you can't make the payments.

Reactions: Redblood23
I give the kid a pass on this one. He reads and hears the comments and no one feels worse than he does. I refuse to pile on a young kid over a game. Comments are all over the place on him and I suppose it is understandable but it solves zero problems except to make things worse. He will get a chance to overcome.

Reactions: HuskerO
I give the kid a pass on this one. He reads and hears the comments and no one feels worse than he does. I refuse to pile on a young kid over a game. Comments are all over the place on him and I suppose it is understandable but it solves zero problems except to make things worse. He will get a chance to overcome.

Yep!

I'll be glad when every remnant of pelini is gone.. Sick of these weak minded, attention wanting, spineless ass players wanting to be stars but can't handle the up's and downs of big time football

I don't have a problem with what he said.
"Us against the world"
"Nobody thought we could do it"
"Everybody counted us out"
Blah blah blah

It's all just athlete speak. I'm relatively sure Tommy means what he says. He is going to work his tail off in the offseason. He will have the opportunity to erase a lot of bad memories by having a great senior season, which we all hope he has.

Reactions: huskerj12
I don't have a problem with what he said.
"Us against the world"
"Nobody thought we could do it"
"Everybody counted us out"
Blah blah blah

It's all just athlete speak. I'm relatively sure Tommy means what he says. He is going to work his tail off in the offseason. He will have the opportunity to erase a lot of bad memories by having a great senior season, which we all hope he has.

I don't need to see a repeat in 2016. Time to move on.

GMAFB,,,,,you're fans. The players will ALWAYS play for each other before you. You're not at practice and you damn sure don't give a damn when they get hurt. Other than some BS post on here about hope he gets well soon only so a player can help your team win.

These are the fans Pelini was referring too. The ones who create threads like this. Based on some of the post in this thread, Why should he play for POS fans like this.

Being the qb at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln, comes with responsibilities.
Like not turning the ball over constantly.
Them are cold hard facts.

Personally I think Armstrong should be running the option.
That seems to be his best gift, running the ball, and he also has a good arm for bombs to keep the defense honest.

But he got caught in-between NU trying run the ball historically, and the new wave pass happy crowd. It has not been pretty for anyone.
This has been like a round hole being squarely pegged for NU. a lesson in futility.

square-peg-round-hole.jpg

I guess what bugs the average NU fan the most is why he can hit a 45 yard pass, but a 13 foot pass is like scaling everest ????

But he's a young guy, in a fish bowl, so I'm ok with the us against the world speeches, if the end result is no more than 1 interception per game. a Iowa fan I work with told me Iowa has thrown 4 interceptions all year.

The best thing I think armstrong can do from here on out is take advantage of this qb guru we are supposed to have and work on his throwing motion, he's got till game time next year to do it. and he should wear blinders half the day, then take them off the other half, to see how much more vision is available for him to use.
it might help with seeing more receivers and pesky interception minded opponets.

we wish armstrong all the best from here henceforth.

Tommy, what's up with that? We all love you...no one is against you. Just read this board and you will know you are supported. Don't go all Bo on us when we have done nothing but give you encouragement and kudos. You are a Husker...and we have your back! GBR
Apparently you haven't read the other replies to this thread.

Being the qb at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln, comes with responsibilities.
Like not turning the ball over constantly.
Them are cold hard facts.

Personally I think Armstrong should be running the option.
That seems to be his best gift, running the ball, and he also has a good arm for bombs to keep the defense honest.

But he got caught in-between NU trying run the ball historically, and the new wave pass happy crowd. It has not been pretty for anyone.
This has been like a round hole being squarely pegged for NU. a lesson in futility.

square-peg-round-hole.jpg

I guess what bugs the average NU fan the most is why he can hit a 45 yard pass, but a 13 foot pass is like scaling everest ????

But he's a young guy, in a fish bowl, so I'm ok with the us against the world speeches, if the end result is no more than 1 interception per game. a Iowa fan I work with told me Iowa has thrown 4 interceptions all year.

The best thing I think armstrong can do from here on out is take advantage of this qb guru we are supposed to have and work on his throwing motion, he's got till game time next year to do it. and he should wear blinders half the day, then take them off the other half, to see how much more vision is available for him to use.
it might help with seeing more receivers and pesky interception minded opponets.

we wish armstrong all the best from here henceforth.
Lots could be argued here (running is his best "gift", good arm for bombs, NU is now "pass happy", etc.) but the blinders thing is a really good idea, I wonder whether it has ever been tried before? It is like walking with a hooded coat on, to see around you, you have to twist your head. When it warms up and the hood comes off it is like wow, I can see everything now. The players are now practicing with masks to deprive oxygen, I wonder if Langs could try the blinders thing (seriously).

Reactions: huskerbrady
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT