ADVERTISEMENT

you can probably add Arkansas to the mix

If they are canning BB with that buyout...they are going to be looking to pay big for a new guy.

Bret Bielema was just on XM radio this morning talking with Taylor Zarzour and they asked Bielema how his relationship is with Jeff Long and whether or not he gets all of the support that he needs.

Bielema said that Long gives him all of the support he needs and then some.

I would venture to say that Bielema never saw this coming.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
Florida
Tennessee
?Arkansas
?aTm
?UCLA

lots of competition for head coaches ..

Florida
Tennessee
?Arkansas
?aTm
?UCLA

lots of competition for head coaches ..
Arkansas needs to think twice about canning Bielema this year, because they are no match with the other names involved this coaching search cycle!

Reactions: Husker-NJ
Bielema would make a great Nebraska coach! He use to crush it at Wisconsin.
Come on now...

Coaching Hiring Rules at NU: (One of the two must be used as a reason for the hire)

1. Must be a former Husker
2. Must not have a pulse

Nah, Arkansas is a pretty good job in college football. No one anywhere is dethroning Saban yet, but Arkansas is in a position where they could/should win 8-10 games a year.... And their fans would largely be pleased with that I have not sensed the delusions of grandeur nor the unrealistic demands at Arky that I see at other schools (*cough*).

When I was a little kid my Dad and 3 other guys had a husker club where I lived as a kid in the 90's. The President and VP of the club were ridiculous fanatics going back to the early 1960s. I never saw them wear anything that didn't say huskers. When I saw them at weddings, they'd have husker ties on. When Solich was fired and Callahan was hired, the two guys quit being husker fans and our Chapter of the husker booster club was stopped. To this day, they don't follow NU football anymore.

I was fresh out of the Military when this happened and I remember thinking how the hell could anyone do that? How can you stop your love for something like that. The thought of hiring Bielema allows me to understand where they were coming from. It would hurt like hell but I think I would have to quit being a husker fan. To me, it would be like being married to someone who cheats on you. You probably still love that person but you can't respect them anymore and can't afford to be hurt anymore. So this would be the absoulte worst hire for me personally. Been a husker fan since birth but I can't respect a program who would hire Bielema. Guys wife was a call girl, he's a straight up jerk and not a good coach at all. He's just an awful person and would never bring us back to greatness.

And honestly, I'd fall out of love with College Football all together.

I'd rather have MR which is saying a ton since I never believed in MR from day 1

I can't stand him and don't want him, but Nebraska would own the West within a few years if he were coach IMO.
Just like he's owned the SEC recruiting in an area with much better access to recruits? I normally like most of your posts, but Bielema would not work at NU and he would be a terrible fit. There are much better options out there than that fat slob and I would much rather go with a young up and comer that I had to google to figure out who the heck it is.

I swear that Bielema's agent has some of you guys on his payroll. He'll be lucky to get a D-I defensive coordinator job after this year.

Reactions: gw2kpro
A lot of Arkansas fans want Bielema gone yesterday.

Why, oh, why, do people think Nebraska should keep hiring coaches that are a nanosecond away from getting canned?

Are we trying to see how many ex-coaches this place can be paying simultaneously?

If Bielema gets another P-5 job after Arkansas, it'll be at a place like Oregon State or Duke.

Just like he's owned the SEC recruiting in an area with much better access to recruits? I normally like most of your posts, but Bielema would not work at NU and he would be a terrible fit. There are much better options out there than that fat slob and I would much rather go with a young up and comer that I had to google to figure out who the heck it is.

The Big is JV, he's facing the big boys right now.
Again, I've stated I don't want him, but he's already proven he can own the entire Big conference, let alone the West division.

The Big is JV, he's facing the big boys right now.
Again, I've stated I don't want him, but he's already proven he can own the entire Big conference, let alone the West division.

He only won the Big 10 in 2012 because Ohio State was disqualified. The other two conference titles were before the days of Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, and James Franklin. Bert had very few notable wins at Wisconsin. He was 2-5 in bowl games.

Reactions: WHCSC
I think the palm beach post is a retirement community newsletter.

Salisbury steak in the main dining room at 4.

Reactions: gw2kpro
He is a product of Barry Alvarez system. He'll never be successful anywhere else as a P5 HC. He made a foolish move leaving Wisc.

For you UCF guys....you do realize that this board is not who is coming after your coach, right? You can 'suggest' different coaches on here all you want....doesn't matter....Laughing

I can't stand him and don't want him, but Nebraska would own the West within a few years if he were coach IMO.

Nope, no we wouldn't. If he was even mildly successful at Ark I would agree with you, but Bret lost that coaching magic somewhere between Madison and Fayetteville and it be gone.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
For you UCF guys....you do realize that this board is not who is coming after your coach, right? You can 'suggest' different coaches on here all you want....doesn't matter....Laughing

We aren't suggesting. We are helping you manage the disappointment. RollingLaugh

We aren't suggesting. We are helping you manage the disappointment. RollingLaugh

Sure. Frost is staying there long term. By the way, they should just tear that sh*thole you call a stadium down.

All 26 of the fans that show up can just bring folding chairs and sit on the sidelines to watch the game. Word of advice, though.....you guys should carpool to the games. No sense in all of your cars getting stolen.

Sure. Frost is staying there long term. By the way, they should just tear that sh*thole you call a stadium down.

All 26 of the fans that show up can just bring folding chairs and sit on the sidelines to watch the game. Word of advice, though.....you guys should carpool to the games. No sense in all of your cars getting stolen.

Never said that Frost is staying there long term. I expect him to leave between year 3-5 at UCF.
I realize that the teh decline of Nebraska football must be devastating to your ego and living in Nebraska doesn't help. I'll be happy to help you get over it with a beer and tour of our beautiful campus. 75 and sunny right now.

I think we are going to roll the dice a hire a former player coaching at a commuter school down in Florida you have probably never heard of (not many have).

Funny that you wrote that. The google machines says:
UNL: 6,880 on campus beds
UCF: 11,700 on campus beds.

#ucfacts

Never said that Frost is staying there long term. I expect him to leave between year 3-5 at UCF.
I realize that the teh decline of Nebraska football must be devastating to your ego and living in Nebraska doesn't help. I'll be happy to help you get over it with a beer and tour of our beautiful campus. 75 and sunny right now.

You guys should probably find a way to support your current program and facilities if you ever want to keep a good coach longer than a couple years.

There are high school games with higher attendance that what you guys trot out there.

In an undefeated season.

Reactions: HuskerDana

Three to five years? LMAO. Keep posting. This s*it is getting hilarious....Laughing

What better jobs than Florida, Nebraska, and Tennessee are going to open up after next year? If Frost doesn't want any of those jobs, then what job is he waiting for?

What better jobs than Florida, Nebraska, and Tennessee are going to open up after next year? If Frost doesn't want any of those jobs, then what job is he waiting for?

Maybe not Florida but that job has some serious administrative problems. Tennessee and Nebraska, yes. This cycle isn't nearly as good as last cycle. UCLA, Texas A&M, Michigan, Notre Dame, LSU and Arizona State (SF wife's home state) all could open up next year.

You guys should probably find a way to support your current program and facilities if you ever want to keep a good coach longer than a couple years.

There are high school games with higher attendance that what you guys trot out there.

In an undefeated season.

And yet still closer to sniffing the CFP than you are. What are you looking at a 5 year turnaround?

Maybe not Florida but that job has some serious administrative problems. Tennessee and Nebraska, yes. This cycle isn't nearly as good as last cycle. UCLA, Texas A&M, Michigan, Notre Dame, LSU and Arizona State (SF wife's home state) all could open up next year.

I don't care where his wife is from, he isn't going to turn down Florida and Nebraska to coach at freakin' Arizona State. Michigan, Notre Dame, and LSU are not opening up next year. Florida and Nebraska are likely the only "blue-blood schools" with openings any time soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT