ADVERTISEMENT

You better get us early seems

red scowl

Senior
May 19, 2018
prophetic. Or maybe just supreme confidence. But we've improved alot this year.

We will have the best offense in the B1G next year. It seemed like hyperbole earlier this year right @jeans15. An over reaction, perhaps.

We have the best quarterback in the B1G. No hyperbole. I think we win the west next year, and if our defense is top 50 we win the B1G.

What say you. I think we win our last two games also.

Thumbs up across the board. Injuries aside, with a favorable schedule and further conditioning, Nebraska can deliver as prophesied above.

Perhaps the last almost two decades has scarred me, and my cynicism is unwarranted. But I do hope you are correct. I love Frost and how the players love and play for him.

Fingers crossed. Gonna likely be a long off-season for all of us.

Reactions: TennesseeHusker75
I’m not quite as confident, mainly because we have to figure out how to replace a few key pieces this year, mainly Stan, Gifford, and Farmer. These three guys are playing at a high level right now and are completely bought into this.

Now that said, we do have some young guys with serious talent that can step into those roles. So I think saying we’ll have the best offense in the BIG next year is absolutely correct. I also agree that we win the west next year. The BIG? Well if we win the west and are in the CCG then we have an opportunity, but there are a couple teams named Ohio State and Michigan next year that are going to have something to say about that. I think it’s entirely possible to make that kind of a run next year, but we’re going to need some guys who are not currently playing to step up.

I think 10 wins and win the west is absolutely on my radar for next year considering the favorable schedule. Pass me a Kool Aid flavored Frosty!

I’m buying what you are selling for the most part OP. This team has improved by leaps and bounds this years. Put another spring and summer of strength & conditioning under the belt and this team will be dangerous. Washington alone will make huge gains after Duval gets his hands on him. Not sure if we will take the B10. But the west is very realistic.

I guarantee this staff will meet or exceed expectations next year. The expectations will be adjusted accordingly as the season unfolds.

I think a West title next year would be ahead of schedule - still a lot of holes on the defensive side

need some type of replacement for Stan and Zig on offense - I'm always nervous when we just pencil in a JUCO (Mills) and assume that things are going to be fine

Last edited:
I’m still hungover from the kool aid chugging from the beginning of the season and the ensuing sobering reality. It feels like I’m just waking up and it’s time to start drinking that kool aid again to ease the strain (pun intended). This type of cyclical kool aid party (drink/puke/rinse/repeat) reminds me of my younger years.... oh yeah when Nebraska was really good! Why Not? Pass me that f-ing kool aid I’m all N! Let’s bring back the glory partyin peeps!!

There are definitely still some "ifs," as many of you are pointing out, and that's because I think the previous poster is right, winning the west next year may be a little early. It normally takes a couple of sustained years of winning and player development before the team becomes a monster; we're counting on great coaching and a fantastic scheme getting us there a little earlier than the normal 3-5 years it might take.

That being said, LET'S DO IT. It's been a long, long time since I could confidently say Nebraska football is going to start regularly kicking ass.

Reactions: Hoosker Du

We will have the best offense in the B1G next year. It seemed like hyperbole earlier this year right @jeans15. An over reaction, perhaps.

We have the best quarterback in the B1G. No hyperbole. I think we win the west next year, and if our defense is top 50 we win the B1G.

Im still not 100% convinced this offense is full go. These next 2 weeks will be a big test at just how dynamic this offense is. I think if we can put up 30+ on both teams we should be good to go next year. Yes if our D can at least be in that top 50 range I think the West should be ours with little competition. Im not going to go as far as the BIG10, but I think we would have a good shot.

Reactions: saluno22
I guarantee this staff will meet or exceed expectations next year. The expectations will be adjusted accordingly as the season unfolds.

I think a West title next year would be ahead of schedule - still a lot of holes on the defensive side

need some type of replacement for Stan and Zig on offense - I'm always nervous when we just pencil in a JUCO (Mills) and assume that things are going to be fine
Yes, I think Stan and Zig are the biggest concern. I think Mo is going to be a star, but durability is an open question. Some backs just aren't meant for Rex Burkhead type carries. Maybe Stan's productivity gets replaced by committee.

Reactions: jlb321
I'm thinking about writing an open letter to women asking them to wear more yoga pants. Not the fatties though, those hurt my eyes.

Lol, you've seen the stuff from really crazy religious conservatives saying that yoga pants are sinful and from Satan, right?

Why IS that? I think they're one of the best inventions of the last 50 years!

Isn't Bradley redshirting? Frost tried to recruit him to UCF. I suspect that he redshirted with the idea that he was going to fill Devine's role next year. JHMO.

Reactions: jlb321
Isn't Bradley redshirting? Frost tried to recruit him to UCF. I suspect that he redshirted with the idea that he was going to fill Devine's role next year. JHMO.
Bradley hasn't played(?) so it would seem he is a RS. I would think he'll compete for carries next year with Mo, Mills and several others. Going forward, the kids that get on the field will definitely need to earn it.

Is he injured? Our third string guy is Mazour and Washington seems banged up. If not injured why isn’t he available these last couple of games given the new redshirt rule

Lol, you've seen the stuff from really crazy religious conservatives saying that yoga pants are sinful and from Satan, right?

Why IS that? I think they're one of the best inventions of the last 50 years!
I am a religious conservative, and I don't necessarily think they are sinful and from Beelzebul, but they too often find their way onto the bodies of the wrong people. Yowza.

Reactions: Lars72 and barney44
I am a religious conservative, and I don't necessarily think they are sinful and from Beelzebul, but they too often find their way onto the bodies of the wrong people. Yowza.

Now that I do have a problem with. If you can wear them them do ot but if you can’t pull it off then please don’t.

Reactions: ZaneHickey

Without Morgan and Farmer? Those 2 pieces are HUGE.

Wish we had a 4-5 star classic WR in the wings. Big recruiting gaff.

Farmer is a boss. I love that kid.

Still, we will be good next year if we can fill those missing pieces. I hope so.,,

Yes, I think Stan and Zig are the biggest concern. I think Mo is going to be a star, but durability is an open question. Some backs just aren't meant for Rex Burkhead type carries. Maybe Stan's productivity gets replaced by committee.

The kid from Georgia Tech will replace Zig. Frost has a cadre of RBs. No problem there, IMO

Needs a #1 receiver and a center, like I said, huge pieces to replace.

Honestly, with our defense, we'll be lucky to be 1-1 the last 2. MSU O/U is 49, and I think that means they get stops.

I hope Chin can too, and we don't have to rely on all this phony nonsense defensive statistics parlayed around this board like it makes any sort of rational sense. It don't.

hahaha, yea, numbers guys - maybe a 30-40 ranked D, and I am in, but need to fill the seniors holes and at the same time add quality depth which may be a tad tall task to do in 1 cycle for all this sunshine and rainbows. I know the schedule lightens up a bit, but will the Kicking game or #2 QB development matter at all? & GBR, 4 more tailgate time

Way too early for all that cool aid. Been burnt drinking it too many times lately, so I am not ready to endorse your thoughts.

I'll simply say we will have a very good offense. To say it will be the best is a bit too early. Holes to fill at running back and wide receiver and O line. Most importantly, the D still needs a major over haul, and I don't see any immediate help coming on D..

2019 is 7-5.

2020 is 8-4 or 9-3

2021 is 10-2 winning the West.

After that we'll be 10-2 or 9-3 every year, once in a while 11-1.

Be patient, grasshopper.

Way too early for all that cool aid. Been burnt drinking it too many times lately, so I am not ready to endorse your thoughts.

I'll simply say we will have a very good offense. To say it will be the best is a bit too early. Holes to fill at running back and wide receiver and O line. Most importantly, the D still needs a major over haul, and I don't see any immediate help coming on D..

2019 is 7-5.

2020 is 8-4 or 9-3

Be patient, grasshopper.

If you don’t expect to win every game then why play

2019 is 7-5.

2020 is 8-4 or 9-3

Be patient, grasshopper.

Those win totals would be in the same ball park as Riley’s 1st 3 years. I think we should expect a bit better.

We have Hunt and McQuitty who were supposed to be very good gets. Both are around 6 feet tall and high three/low four star players.

I havent seen enough from the defense to predict a BIG West winner. Love our offense and think itll be NU and OSU as the top two offenses but our defense has a long way to go. I dont see enough talent on that side unless some guys make some HUGE improvements.

I still dont see any pass rushers. I still see below level overall speed. I still see a lack of playmakers over all on the defensive side of the ball.

Best case scenario...Tanner,Ferguson, and Jojo make huge jumps and someone out of the group becomes a legit pass rusher. Barry keeps progressing and Honas takes a huve jump. Safeties...Williams, Dismuke,Smith,Jonss makes huge jumps in secondary. ONE of our DL...Davis,Davis,Stille, or Daniels becomes a difference maker. CBs...just keep progressing.

A WHOLE LOT OF needs imo to make us a good defense.. From what ive seen i think we will be closer to average next year..not good. Im not sure if a great offense and average defense can get us to Indy. Gonna definitely need to take the ball alot to make it happen iyam. Lord knows i hope it does.

Holla

I personally feel that missing a bowl game this year might be a blessing in disguise. We could use the extra time in the strength and conditioning program first and foremost. Even though we lose some great seniors, some of these underclassmen can be freaky good with more strength, power and speed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT