ADVERTISEMENT

You are looking live at the hornets nest that is Boulder

. We do have some positive going.
* We have an HC who is from here and understands Nebraska and what it takes to win.
* We have an HC and staff who have already found success at the college level and know how to do it again.
* We showed great improvement from the first half of last year to the back half of last year.
* We have made some strides in the S&C, which took a 3 year hit and will take time to gain back.
* We have a very young team filled with some pretty great talent, who will only get better with time.
* We have a D who after years has showed at least a spark of life.

None of your statements are objective...they are all opinions based on information that has been sold to us. They might be true but there isn't any evidence that they are true. Here is evidence.

1. Our starting qb is 4-7 in his career...he is 19...he has never won a road game.
2. We were out-gained by one of the worst teams in the entirety of division 1 football, at home.
3. Our defense has given up more than 30 points in every game against a power 5 opponent over the last two seasons...except for 1..the snow game against michigan state.
4. NU has lost 34 players in 18 months...most of these would be upperclassman, and have been replaced with transfers, walkons, or young recruits.
5. Our scheme blindly favors the offense and leaves the defense in horrible situations. We are one of the worst teams in college football on 4th down percentage, penalties, turnovers over the last 13 games. Relying on the defense in such a climate is not smart. They are good, fun to watch, but are left out to dry.
6. I maintain that fan expectations rest too much on the Michigan state game. This game was an absolute fluke because of the weather. Had we lost that game, and considering we hadn't held an opponent under 30 in a long time, we would have, we would have finished 2-8, 2-2 in our last 4 with quality wins against Minnesota and Illinois...not the stuff of high expectations.
7. We lost a senior leader from 3 offensive units last year. They haven't been replaced with experience but with freshman, and transfers.

We are going to have to win our first road game in 22 months..or hold the opponent to less than 30 for the first time in 20 power 5 opportunities or play better than the doormat of the 120 team NCAA...of course I hope for the best, I will watch the game and enjoy it because I have fair expectations for our team. Starting 0-6 last year was a big deal. We still have a very fragile team that hasn't beaten a good team or even a bad team on the road and they haven't played well with any sort of expectations. Players who have learned how to lose often find it hard to demand winning.

BUT MAN I HOPE TO EAT CROW!!!!!! Imagine us rolling in and winning 48-14...but there is no logical scenario or historical precedent for this group of players actually doing this at this time. I could see it by November but too many holes and too many depth issues.

Last edited:
None of your statements are objective...they are all opinions based on information that has been sold to us. They might be true but there isn't any evidence that they are true. Here is evidence.

1. Our starting qb is 4-7 in his career...he is 19...he has never won a road game.
2. We were out-gained by one of the worst teams in the entirety of division 1 football, at home.
3. Our defense has given up more than 30 points in every game against a power 5 opponent over the last two seasons...except for 1..the snow game against michigan state.
4. NU has lost 34 players in 18 months...most of these would be upperclassman, and have been replaced with transfers, walkons, or young recruits.
5. Our scheme blindly favors the offense and leaves the defense in horrible situations. We are one of the worst teams in college football on 4th down percentage, penalties, turnovers over the last 13 games. Relying on the defense in such a climate is not smart. They are good, fun to watch, but are left out to dry.
6. I maintain that fan expectations rest too much on the Michigan state game. This game was an absolute fluke because of the weather. Had we lost that game, and considering we hadn't held an opponent under 30 in a long time, we would have, we would have finished 2-8, 2-2 in our last 4 with quality wins against Minnesota and Illinois...not the stuff of high expectations.
7. We lost a senior leader from 3 offensive units last year. They haven't been replaced with experience but with freshman, and transfers.

We are going to have to win our first road game in 22 months..or hold the opponent to less than 30 for the first time in 20 power 5 opportunities or play better than the doormat of the 120 team NCAA...of course I hope for the best, I will watch the game and enjoy it because I have fair expectations for our team. Starting 0-6 last year was a big deal. We still have a very fragile team that hasn't beaten a good team or even a bad team on the road and they haven't played well with any sort of expectations. Players who have learned how to lose often find it hard to demand winning.

BUT MAN I HOPE TO EAT CROW!!!!!! Imagine us rolling in and winning 48-14...but there is no logical scenario or historical precedent for this group of players actually doing this at this time. I could see it by November but too many holes and too many depth issues.

what a bizarre rant

Greetings my red friends and yes I come in peace. I'd like to extend an early and warm welcome to the hornets nest and share with you the following observations and prediction.
Observations:
  • The bloom is off the red rose with the performance in Lincoln last Saturday
  • The Vegas line has moved from NE -9 to NE - 3.5, a very ominous drop
  • Montez handily wins the edge over Martinez at the ever important QB spot
  • CU O-line is young but talented and will be game ready
  • CU Defense also young but my sources deep within the program tell me they are bowing up and poised to make a statement
  • If you listen closely within Husker Nation you can hear the quiet and uncertain mumbling about Frost
  • Tucker and his staff have passed first test, give the nod to CU on coaching skill and acumen
  • Perhaps the deepest WR corps in the nation (CU) has been seen salivating all over campus this week
  • CU fans on notice to treat all who enter our fine town with respect
FINAL PREDICTION - CU 51, NE 34

My offer stands to any and all who want a beer and a nip of whiskey to stop by my tailgater as a sign of peace.[/QU

I know the Huskers did not look very sharp against South Alabama, but if I were a Buffs fan I would not be bragging too much about beating CSU Rams either.

Are you a Nebraska fan but just need some anti depression meds or something? Not a joke Im serious. I have family with depression and it is bad stuff to go through life and have no help. Or are you one of the pretend husker fans, who is really an Iowa fan looking to get you shots in under the cover of darkness? If you are really a husker fan, that is no way to go through life as a fan. That would suck feeling so horrible and finding little positive in my team.
I understand Nebraska has not been Nebraska for a very long time. I understand these last 4 years have been some of the hardest any of us can fathom. I get it, it has sucked. We do have some positive going.
* We have an HC who is from here and understands Nebraska and what it takes to win.
* We have an HC and staff who have already found success at the college level and know how to do it again.
* We showed great improvement from the first half of last year to the back half of last year.
* We have made some strides in the S&C, which took a 3 year hit and will take time to gain back.
* We have a very young team filled with some pretty great talent, who will only get better with time.
* We have a D who after years has showed at least a spark of life.
If we are still playing like this towards the back half of the year, or in 2 or 3 years then yes. I and many will probably be joining you in the negative Nancy routine. This team will get in together as the year goes. Im less confident we will see the 9 or 10 wins me and others had predicted. I still think we get to that 7-8 win range and at the very least go bowling for the first time in 3 years. Baby steps, we are in a marathon, not a sprint.
May I lay to rest once and for all that I am a Colorado native, CU alum and black & gold bleeding fan. Here are some random proof points: CU campus has Norlin library and the Kittredge dorm complex is next to the law school. As a freshman, I dined at Alferd Packer grill in the UMC (and it's still there by the way). I was a senior and in attendance in 1986 when we restored order to the universe with a 20-10 win (I helped tear down the goal post). I was at the 2nd coldest football game in my life in 1991 when Biekert ran back the extra point attempt for the tie. BTW the coldest game was when the Broncos lost to the Ravens several years ago in the AFC playoffs.
Iowa sucks - please stop with the personal attacks!

I bet you are a real fun guy at tailgates.

Reactions: wkato

Did you hang yourself at the end of this post? Geez

Reactions: SOHusker11
May I lay to rest once and for all that I am a Colorado native, CU alum and black & gold bleeding fan. Here are some random proof points: CU campus has Norlin library and the Kittredge dorm complex is next to the law school. As a freshman, I dined at Alferd Packer grill in the UMC (and it's still there by the way). I was a senior and in attendance in 1986 when we restored order to the universe with a 20-10 win (I helped tear down the goal post). I was at the 2nd coldest football game in my life in 1991 when Biekert ran back the extra point attempt for the tie. BTW the coldest game was when the Broncos lost to the Ravens several years ago in the AFC playoffs.

He wasn't referring to you. He was referring to the resident chicken little.

Reactions: husker2612
Dude is just trying to get a response. NEBBY by 21pts. D nasty. MO is back, and Jurgens snaps are going to be lights out going to be a Rimington jr out there. GBR

giphy.gif

1. Our starting qb is 4-7 in his career...he is 19...he has never won a road game. I know he lost two by 8pts, iowa osu
2. We were out-gained by one of the worst teams in the entirety of division 1 football, at home. Anyone who knows defensive tds and return tds gives the ball back to the opposition, the offense gets no possessions
3. Our defense has given up more than 30 points in every game against a power 5 opponent over the last two seasons...except for 1..the snow game against michigan state. That was last year
4. NU has lost 34 players in 18 months...most of these would be upperclassman, and have been replaced with transfers, walkons, or young recruits. Thanks they did. Only a bonehead laments at removing cancer
5. Our scheme blindly favors the offense and leaves the defense in horrible situations. We are one of the worst teams in college football on 4th down percentage, penalties, turnovers over the last 13 games. Relying on the defense in such a climate is not smart. They are good, fun to watch, but are left out to dry. Look up how our penalties changed by the second half of the year, do some homework
6. I maintain that fan expectations rest too much on the Michigan state game. This game was an absolute fluke because of the weather. Had we lost that game, and considering we hadn't held an opponent under 30 in a long time, we would have, we would have finished 2-8, 2-2 in our last 4 with quality wins against Minnesota and Illinois...not the stuff of high expectations. Tell wiscy beating minny doesnt raise their expectations.
7. We lost a senior leader from 3 offensive units last year. They haven't been replaced with experience but with freshman, and transfers. I loved our senior NT last year, just so happens, love this one too.

Fair enough.

Oh I already knew you were a CU homer. There is no doubting that. However I was not talk to you.

I bet you are a real fun guy at tailgates.
I watch football with my 72 year old mom because she is the only person left that I know that actually understands football. The rest of our fan base remembers when they were 13 and #15 is running for 300 yards a game and completing 80% of his passes while our defense shows off their bronze mid-riffs and sculpted "ceps" while throwin' the bones.

I watch football with my 72 year old mom because she is the only person left that I know that actually understands football. The rest of our fan base remembers when they were 13 and #15 is running for 300 yards a game and completing 80% of his passes while our defense shows off their bronze mid-riffs and sculpted "ceps" while throwin' the bones.
giphy.gif

‘bronze mid-riff’ -or- ‘sculpted ceps’would be excellent screen names.

Greetings my red friends and yes I come in peace. I'd like to extend an early and warm welcome to the hornets nest and share with you the following observations and prediction.
Observations:
  • The bloom is off the red rose with the performance in Lincoln last Saturday
  • The Vegas line has moved from NE -9 to NE - 3.5, a very ominous drop
  • Montez handily wins the edge over Martinez at the ever important QB spot
  • CU O-line is young but talented and will be game ready
  • CU Defense also young but my sources deep within the program tell me they are bowing up and poised to make a statement
  • If you listen closely within Husker Nation you can hear the quiet and uncertain mumbling about Frost
  • Tucker and his staff have passed first test, give the nod to CU on coaching skill and acumen
  • Perhaps the deepest WR corps in the nation (CU) has been seen salivating all over campus this week
  • CU fans on notice to treat all who enter our fine town with respect
FINAL PREDICTION - CU 51, NE 34

My offer stands to any and all who want a beer and a nip of whiskey to stop by my tailgater as a sign of peace.

You don't have any friends here. Come to think of it, your only friends are inflatable, are named "Fleshlight" or have a string attached to their back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT