ADVERTISEMENT

Yori Fired?

Where did you see it? I can't imagine that unless there is something beyond the wins and losses and what the public sees.

Thanks for the link. Her behavior is not new news for me. It goes back to her days at Creighton and personally I just shook my head when they hired her in the first place. A very good friend's daughter played for her at Creighton and the stories she told were just sickening. This girl played a bunch and was not the kind to stretch the truth. Bring on Amy Williams from USD PLEASE!

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Does this possibly explain the reason for the Board of Regents mtg with Shawn that we were all speculating about? Just a thought

From what I could gather the PO our meeting was not about swimming I'm not about this move.......

A warning football program will lead to a we reduction in closed door our meetings

Does this possibly explain the reason for the Board of Regents mtg with Shawn that we were all speculating about? Just a thought
mmmmmmmmmmmcouldbe........ I posted in that thread that the reason for that meeting could be an unexpected "retirement". Evidently Connie wants to get paid her full buyout so she wouldn't "retire". Firing with cause may help them to reach a reduced settlement.

Last edited:
I knew about all the injuries, but I had never thought about there being any kind of pattern with them. Really sad to hear that she mistreated players.

Thanks for the link. Her behavior is not new news for me. It goes back to her days at Creighton and personally I just shook my head when they hired her in the first place. A very good friend's daughter played for her at Creighton and the stories she told were just sickening. This girl played a bunch and was not the kind to stretch the truth. Bring on Amy Williams from USD PLEASE!

That might be a very good hire.

Not much surprises me, but wow if all is true. I was considering sending my daughter to some of her camps this summer. Sad story to see the program's most successful coach going out this way.

Almost any women's basketball coach in the country would have to be interested with our facilities, money, and fan support. How many women's programs play in an arena as nice as PBA? And actually draw really good crowds? And have their own amazing practice facility?

The USD coach looks like a good candidate with her Nebraska ties. But I'd aim higher and offer the guy at Oregon State first. They just made the Final Four and won the PAC the last 2 years. Maybe Riley can put in a good word. The guy at Washington is another good candidate. We could double their salaries. And mention that they would have Jess Shepard for the next 3 years.

Last edited:
It's an interesting situation - one in which I have zero exposure into what she's done or been accused of doing, but I will suggest that Geno is known to push buttons and drill his team to the point of exhaustion because he wants them to be prepared for any grueling situation. Several of his former players say that he is incredibly tough on them in practice, but everything had a purpose and it prepared them for life.

I hope this is a case where she truly crossed lines (supporting the firing) vs. just being a tough coach.

Reactions: kikdakan
Tons of injuries, and with the exception of Shepherd she let a lot of Nebraska talent go outside the state to play. When you can't lock up your own borders you are not going to succeed in a state with this small of population. Kind of reminds me of......... never mind.

Almost any women's basketball coach in the country would have to be interested with our facilities, money, and fan support. How many women's programs play in an arena as nice as PBA? And actually draw really good crowds? And have their own amazing practice facility?

The USD coach looks like a good candidate with her Nebraska ties. But I'd aim higher and offer the guy at Oregon State first. They just made the Final Four and won the PAC the last 2 years. Maybe Riley can put in a good word. The guy at Washington is another good candidate. We could double their salaries. And mention that they would have Jess Shepard for the next 3 years.

Non revenue sport at the smallest public school in the conference. Go after a D2 coach with the salary set solidly in the lower half of the conference.

I knew about all the injuries, but I had never thought about there being any kind of pattern with them. Really sad to hear that she mistreated players.
Please don't prejudge. A lot of our modern day players are just too soft. Let's wait and see what really happened. I say this because I practiced and coached the same way for over twenty years and I noticed that the players became very hard to coach the last few seasons and I lost interest with the parents and some of the spoiled players. Old school looks like it has finally died. This does not apply to the hard workers, just the ones that think that they do not have to practice hard.

Please don't prejudge. A lot of our modern day players are just too soft. Let's wait and see what really happened. I say this because I practiced and coached the same way for over twenty years and I noticed that the players became very hard to coach the last few seasons and I lost interest with the parents and some of the spoiled players. Old school looks like it has finally died. This does not apply to the hard workers, just the ones that think that they do not have to practice hard.
This isn't just about "tough practices".

Reactions: Soda Popinski
This is what a former player wrote to me in a message tonight: "I always kept a smile on my face but that woman (Yori) was horrible to me! Constant belittling, exclusion, and torment! I come back to Lincoln often but I don't associate with women's bball because of her! Maybe i can now!"

Reactions: SOHusker11
This is what a former player wrote to me in a message tonight: "I always kept a smile on my face but that woman (Yori) was horrible to me! Constant belittling, exclusion, and torment! I come back to Lincoln often but I don't associate with women's bball because of her! Maybe i can now!"
But McKewon says her former players love her, and is playing the victim card because the potential recruits found out on the news.

Okay, now we know who the OTHER head coach was that couldn't get a meeting with SE anymore......

This is an interesting subject and I have been able to witness a somewhat parallel situation with the Wichita State woman's coach...last three seasons had good success(for the MVC) but players complained/left and the AD 'probationed' her but kept her...shell of a team this year...my thinking HERE is they will outlast the buyout.

I don't get it...how can you be Big 10 COY and resign two years later?

This isn't just about "tough practices".

I always figured you to be a nancy boy!

Sauers_zpsfjdo7ek6.png

Expect a lawsuit no self respecting lawyer will let this opportunity for a discrimination $$$$ suit pass. You can't fire women coaches for coaching like men. Get the checkbook out.

Expect a lawsuit no self respecting lawyer will let this opportunity for a discrimination $$$$ suit pass. You can't fire women coaches for coaching like men. Get the checkbook out.

That might be why they did a two month investigation... To buffer themselves from discrimination suit.

It's awfully hard to sue when you 'resign.'

I highly doubt there will be a lawsuit here. It has nothing to do with being a woman or her age, which would be the only two possible claims of discrimination. I'm confident she got a very good buy out, which includes some type of forbearance on lawsuits. My guess is the University will also settle with the former staff member who claimed Yori discriminated against her.

Besides I know Yori's lawyer. She's as tough as nails. There's no way she allowed Yori to resign without a settlement of some kind.

Last edited:
I highly doubt there will be a lawsuit here. It has nothing to do with being a woman or her age, which would be the only two possible claims of discrimination. I'm confident she got a very good buy out, which includes some type of forbearance on lawsuits. My guess is the University will also settle with the former staff member who claimed Yori discriminated against her.

Besides I know Yori's lawyer. She's as tough as nails. There's no way she allowed Yori to resign without a settlement of some kind.

Bingo, that's why it's called a resignation and not a firing.

See Gary Barta part 2 .You think the lady resigned out of the blue . I hear the Brooklyn bridge is for sale

ADVERTISEMENT