ADVERTISEMENT

Yoenis Cespedes wins the AL gold glove in left field?

kaz36

Nebraska Legend
Staff
May 2, 2005
WTF? I realize Gordon was hurt for 50 games, but Cespedes only played 99 games in LF in the AL and had 5 errors. They talked about Cespedes' arm, but there is a reason teams don't run on Gordon anymore. If Gordon wasn't going to win it, Gardner should have. Also, I thought that Kinsler should have won it at second base.

Total joke. Cespedes has a canon for an arm, but is an average fielder at best. While Gordo may not have quite the canon Cespedes has, he has a plenty strong arm, so much that he rarely gets assists anymore because no one tests it. Plus, he's an excellent fielder. If Cespedes was a Gold GLOVEr, Alcides Escobar has a long, loud out leading off Game 1 of the World Series, not an inside-the-park home run.

Gordo or Gardner are much better fielders, and both more deserving of the award than Cespedes.

Reactions: frankluv
Gardner is the one who got screwed the most. I thought he was a shoe in after the Gordon injury.

I had a feeling that Gordon may not win and if he didn't Gardner would. Thing is, Gordon played 101 games in LF, Gardner 119 and Cespedes 99 (in the AL), so it's not like they played a ton more in LF.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Gordon will take the World Series Ring over a Golden Glove any day of the week!!!

Winking

I think Gordon got hurt from both his injury and probably also because 3 other Royals got Gold Gloves. While that shouldn't play a part, I could just see the media going nuts (see all star game) that 4 Royals won. Therefore an easy cop out is the injury to give it to someone else, although giving it to Cespedes is still a head scratcher.

Reactions: HuskerDana
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT