ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes, Tijon Lindsey had a tough day yesterday

Yeah, he was pretty awful. The punt thing was one of the worst football plays in a while.

Reactions: headcard
Plays timid. Scared. Hesitant. Just like last year. We need the lightbulb to go on for this kid because he does have talent. Or so we have been told.
He doesn't have any more talent than any other kid. Lindsay is one player I'd like to see ride the bench for the rest of the season.

Yub. Not sure what his deal was yesterday. Trying to make something happen, I guess.
It's not just yesterday. It's been the whole season, and the entire season last year. He's not a very good football player at this point and I have doubts he ever will be.

He doesn't have any more talent than any other kid. Lindsay is one player I'd like to see ride the bench for the rest of the season.

He was supposed to have elite speed and be dangerous in the open field. So far he has looked slow and doesn't seem to be able to make people miss (or catch the ball). Hope he can put it together because he had a ton of potential.

He was supposed to have elite speed and be dangerous in the open field. So far he has looked slow and doesn't seem to be able to make people miss (or catch the ball). Hope he can put it together because he had a ton of potential.
I don't know if it's his injury he had from high school or he's had trouble adjusting to the college game, but it's quite obvious he doesn't have elite speed or anywhere close to it. I'm also not seeing a ton of untapped potential. I think he is what we've seen so far. An average at best player and that's all he has the potential to be.

He caught a touchdown pass near the end of the game that was called back because of a penalty. Maybe that will give him some confidence. But it probably would give him more confidence if it hadn’t been called back.

It's not just yesterday. It's been the whole season, and the entire season last year. He's not a very good football player at this point and I have doubts he ever will be.
Yikes, tough crowd. While he's underperforming this year he's still only a true sophomore so he still has time to make something of his college career.

Last year he was a true freshman & rarely do true freshman WRs make an impact let alone a big impact.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Yikes, tough crowd. While he's underperforming this year he's still only a true sophomore so he still has time to make something of his college career.

Last year he was a true freshman & rarely do true freshman WRs make an impact let alone a big impact.
It’s oldjar, he crusades against certain players. This game it’s Bootle and Lindsey. He knows better than scouts and coaches and stuff.

With all the bad that I saw from Lindsey, which is what I've come to expect from him, I actually saw one catch where I saw quickness and speed that I have NEVER seen from him. It was actually encouraging. It was as if he got pissed of being less than average, and said "enough is enough!"

Generally agreed, but it's always a bit frustrating to see players like Purdue's Wandale Robinson blow up as freshmen, and then turn around and wonder why Lindsay and others in Nebraska's program not live up to expectations.

Reactions: HuskerO
Just goes to show star ratings aren’t always what there cracked up to be..

That's such a terrible argument. It's been shown time and time again that the teams consistently competing for championships recruit well according to these recruiting rankings. Doesn't mean it is an exact science, but stars do matter.

Reactions: NUHuskerfan
That's such a terrible argument. It's been shown time and time again that the teams consistently competing for championships recruit well according to these recruiting rankings. Doesn't mean it is an exact science, but stars do matter.

Why do you think I typed not always..:rolleyes:

Why do you think I typed not always..:rolleyes:

But what's the point of even saying that? The only thing I can think of that would make somebody say that is that they don't believe that stars matter. That's it.

It’s oldjar, he crusades against certain players. This game it’s Bootle and Lindsey. He knows better than scouts and coaches and stuff.
I've also called out players who need to see the field more. Deontai Williams is doing a fantastic job and he needs to play a lot more than he has been.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Don’t forget Martinez.
I don't know if you're referring to me or not, but I didn't say anything about Martinez. For a freshman qb coming back from injury, I think he did all he can do. I thought the safety was actually a really smart play on his part and there's no way that should have been called a safety.

I don't know if you're referring to me or not, but I didn't say anything about Martinez. For a freshman qb coming back from injury, I think he did all he can do. I thought the safety was actually a really smart play on his part and there's no way that should have been called a safety.
Sorry must have got my threads mixed up. My bad

I like Bootle. He's a gamer. He always plays tough. He'll be on watch lists for next season. Will Lamar Jackson be on the award lists?

Reactions: timnsun
I'm only half way though the 2nd quarter. A muffed punt and two drops, one on a long pass play.

He needs to concentrate on the play. I think he always wants to make the highlight play, and forgets too make the catch first. I still have high hopes for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT