ADVERTISEMENT

Years from now when your children/grand-children ask you what happened to the 2020 season

I will probably tell them most fans were upset and thought that maybe it was political in nature, except for some guy named Bingo. All he did was troll the fans.

tumblr_lliovwcXsz1qjiw0zo1_250.gif

The events of 2020 made the season irrelevant and thereby saved Scott Frost from a 3rd consecutive losing season. Upon return of near normalcy people were so appreciative of just being able to play that Iowa type results for Frost were wildly lauded.

Unfortunately one of the long term results of the Frost tantrums following the initial decision of the conference to postpone the season was the believe by a delusional cult of a widespread conspiracy to screw Nebraska by said conference. The cult held that while Frost’s results to the uneducated might appear to be the very definition of mediocre the trained eye could easily see that he is an elite coach and the results would have been super awesome were it not for this vendetta the big ten has against Neb.

The above events, all put in motion by the 2020 pandemic, ultimately result in, once again, the mommies and daddies of the players seeking legal action (the 5th or 6th such lawsuit) against the conference because of a series of suspicious holding calls in the Wisconsin and Iowa games. The lawsuit alleged that the team would have only lost by 2 TDs rather than 3 were it not for these suspect calls. Conference leadership and game referees were subpoenaed. The judge, who was later determined to be grossly incompetent and left leaning by the cult, rules that the team was simply poorly coached and dismisses the suit.

The big ten, growing weary of a school that contributes very little athletically and even less academically, dismisses the school.Nebraska seeks to join other major conferences but there is little interest. After a failed attempt as an independent they ultimately join the summit league where they occasionally challenge for the conference title but can never seem to get over the hump presented by North Dakota state.

A statue of Scott Frost is built outside of memorial stadium next to TO after he finally hoists the Summit League trophy.

Last edited:
The events of 2020 made the season irrelevant and thereby saved Scott Frost from a 3rd consecutive losing season. Upon return of near normalcy people were so appreciative of just being able to play that Iowa type results for Frost were wildly lauded.
Unfortunately one of the long term results of the Frost tantrums following the initial decision of the conference to postpone the season was a widespread conspiracy to screw Nebraska by said conference. While Frost’s results to the uneducated might appear to be the very definition of mediocre the trained eye would realize that he is an elite coach and the results would have been super awesome were it not for this vendetta the big ten has against Neb.

The above events, all put in motion by the 2020 pandemic, were what ultimately result in, once again, the mommies and daddies of the players seeking legal action against the conference because of a series of suspicious holding calls in the Wisconsin and Iowa games arguing that the team would have only lost by 2 TDs rather than 3 were it not for these suspect calls.

The big ten, growing weary of a school that contributes very little athletically and even less academically, dismisses the school.Nebraska seeks to join other major conferences but there is little interest. After a failed attempt as an independent they ultimately join the summit league where they occasionally challenge for the conference title but can never seem to get over the hump presented by North Dakota state.

A statue of Scott Frost is built outside of memorial stadium next to TO after he finally hoists that Summit League trophy.

archived

Unfortunately one of the long term results of the Frost tantrums following the initial decision of the conference to postpone the season was the believe by a delusional cult of a widespread conspiracy to screw Nebraska by said conference. The cult held that while Frost’s results to the uneducated might appear to be the very definition of mediocre the trained eye could easily see that he is an elite coach and the results would have been super awesome were it not for this vendetta the big ten has against Neb.

The above events, all put in motion by the 2020 pandemic, ultimately result in, once again, the mommies and daddies of the players seeking legal action (the 5th or 6th such lawsuit) against the conference because of a series of suspicious holding calls in the Wisconsin and Iowa games. The lawsuit alleged that the team would have only lost by 2 TDs rather than 3 were it not for these suspect calls. Conference leadership and game referees were subpoenaed. The judge, who was later determined to be grossly incompetent and left leaning by the cult, rules that the team was simply poorly coached and dismisses the suit.

A statue of Scott Frost is built outside of memorial stadium next to TO after he finally hoists the Summit League trophy.
I know you think you're being funny, but this post just shows your true colors.

Why don’t you become a kst fan

might be true for your dork non-Husker fan kids.

for the rest of us, it'll be a cautionary exploration of the fallout created by a precious few folks' hubris.
for a bunch of people who dont want players to mix politics and sports you people sure love mixing politics with sports. you can do it and its ok. they do it and its not ok. lets be honest. you dont like it when players do it because they are not on your side of the politics.

imo those people are the problem, sports are supposed to be just that, who made it political? crapperneck. most of these athletes were freaking pampered since jr high. How many have given back to a actual poor community? I find it interesting that employees are telling their bosses what to do. I guess you can do that if your a union member, it sure doesn’t work that way in the private sector. My last hope was baseball but they gave into this crap. I’m done no more gear no more watching I don’t have to boo because I’m done

Reactions: bshirt73
Do you think people were booing because they don’t want unity?

I think people were booing because all they see in this is politics and they are tired of the political nature of everything. People arestill Sore about NFL players kneeling during the national anthem.

I did here someone say that a person in the crowd yelled “Trump 2020” and the. The booing started. But that’s not gonna get shared, because then the booing has a target and the message is muted. No, report that America was booing unity. That’s the message.

I don’t think it’s a simple thing, that these 3 are calling out America’s lack of human decency. I think it’s much more complicated than this.

Do you think people were booing because they don’t want unity?

I think people were booing because all they see in this is politics and they are tired of the political nature of everything. People arestill Sore about NFL players kneeling during the national anthem.

I did here someone say that a person in the crowd yelled “Trump 2020” and the. The booing started. But that’s not gonna get shared, because then the booing has a target and the message is muted. No, report that America was booing unity. That’s the message.

I don’t think it’s a simple thing, that these 3 are calling out America’s lack of human decency. I think it’s much more complicated than this.

I think this is pretty much true. People are ****ing tired of it, that doesn't mean they want it to end and don't want change, it just means they want a break.

for a bunch of people who dont want players to mix politics and sports you people sure love mixing politics with sports. you can do it and its ok. they do it and its not ok. lets be honest. you dont like it when players do it because they are not on your side of the politics.
I’ve never once said anything about not watching sports due to politics. Players can do/say what they want, it doesn’t bother me one bit.

You’re grafting others’ opinions onto me. As for the B1G, the presidents and warren made it political, not those who want football.

Nice try. Maybe next time.

they would never ask. they won't know about it or remember. there will be too many other things to remember in between. its just a game. like ping pong

Bingo can’t find a girl that will have sex with him so he doesn’t have to worry about it.

Not sure college football will be around in 10 years. Could easily see it go away and a minor league of sorts formed. Would probably make more sense anyway. Why do you have to attend college to get to the NFL?

Reactions: bshirt73
Not sure college football will be around in 10 years. Could easily see it go away and a minor league of sorts formed. Would probably make more sense anyway. Why do you have to attend college to get to the NFL?

Good point & true enough.....how many cfb grads took rigorous majors like EE, ME, CE & so on? Maybe one in a thousand? So yeah, some kind of minor league could be appropriate with our gutless snowflakes in charge.

I get what you're saying, but think of it like High School football on steroids. Schools incorporated sports into their curriculum for social reasons even though technically they are not part of the academic mission. College football/basketball funds the sports teams no one watches (a.k.a. Title 9). That alone probably protects it from vanishing. In the case of places like Nebraska and Iowa college-level football is a stand in for a pro-sports franchise.

I get what you're saying, but think of it like High School football on steroids. Schools incorporated sports into their curriculum for social reasons even though technically they are not part of the academic mission. College football/basketball funds the sports teams no one watches (a.k.a. Title 9). That alone probably protects it from vanishing. In the case of places like Nebraska and Iowa college-level football is a stand in for a pro-sports franchise.
Sorry, but Nebraska and Iowa don't run the nation. And football having to prop up other sports is a clear indicator that it's a messed up system. One of these days, someone will figure out how to start up a football league that welcomes anyone, and ends up being the minor league to the NFL. Then we'll no longer be led by snowflakes, but by capitalism at its finest. Vince McMahon...are you listening?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
they would never ask. they won't know about it or remember. there will be too many other things to remember in between. its just a game. like ping pong

What a strange comment in light of the fact you have made it clear you are not into college football. That would leave only one reason for your presence. Introspection, check it out.

I'll tell them a bunch of babies on a message board started a new thread to rage and whine about every. single. f***ing. game. and by God those internet posts changed the world.

Is that honestly some of you guys' lives? You just drink and watch tv and then post to this board all day every day about the thing on tv that made you mad? Jesus, no wonder you're miserable.

It's quite literally no longer possible to talk football on this board. Every thread gets hijacked by somebody who has to loudly announce (read: lie) to everyone what he won't watch football any more because somebody somewhere in that stadium offends his political tastes.

I'll tell them a bunch of babies on a message board started a new thread to rage and whine about every. single. f***ing. game. and by God those internet posts changed the world.

Is that honestly some of you guys' lives? You just drink and watch tv and then post to this board all day every day about the thing on tv that made you mad? Jesus, no wonder you're miserable.

It's quite literally no longer possible to talk football on this board. Every thread gets hijacked by somebody who has to loudly announce (read: lie) to everyone what he won't watch football any more because somebody somewhere in that stadium offends his political tastes.

Until the season comes back that is going to be reality. I get annoyed by it too, but better off just not letting it get to you.

and by God those internet posts changed the world.

Inconsequential then why respond? Because they are not inconsequential and everyone knows it. It's not a coincidence that the Big 10 reversed course. The giant outcry from the public with posts, emails, phone calls, signs, lawsuits, etc. got them to come to their senses.

no longer possible to talk football on this board

Ummm, there was no B10 football season to talk about until us Patriots got the season back on track. You should say thank you, but you seem to have wulf-sense, so I'll settle for you putting everyone you don't want to hear from on ignore. Which is what you should've done rather than try and dictate what free people choose to talk about.

Reactions: 50Front
and by God those internet posts changed the world.

Inconsequential then why respond? Because they are not inconsequential and everyone knows it. It's not a coincidence that the Big 10 reversed course. The giant outcry from the public with posts, emails, phone calls, signs, lawsuits, etc. got them to come to their senses.

no longer possible to talk football on this board

Ummm, there was no B10 football season to talk about until us Patriots got the season back on track. You should say thank you, but you seem to have wulf-sense, so I'll settle for you putting everyone you don't want to hear from on ignore. Which is what you should've done rather than try and dictate what free people choose to talk about.
I like that!

ADVERTISEMENT