ADVERTISEMENT

Years ago this would've ruined my weekend

But as much as I love the Huskers, these kind of losses don't seem to bother me as much snymore. I hope Riley can ramp up the recruiting and find a way to make this team physically competitive on both sides of the ball.

My first thought was we all grow up someday, but in reality we all get old someday. One in the same?

My first thought was we all grow up someday, but in reality we all get old someday. One in the same?

Maybe.
I guess it's how you look at it.

Like last night when when two girls were sitting outside the kwikimart and asked me to buy them beer because they had both recently broken their legs in a rollercoaster accident and couldn't go in.

I could tell they were telling the truth because they were parked in the handicapped spot.

Reactions: VodkaSam and kaz36
Maybe.
I guess it's how you look at it.

Like last night when when two girls were sitting outside the kwikimart and asked me to buy them beer because they had both recently broken their legs in a rollercoaster accident.

I could tell they were telling the truth because they were parked in the handicapped spot.
What brand of beer did you buy them?

But as much as I love the Huskers, these kind of losses don't seem to bother me as much snymore. I hope Riley can ramp up the recruiting and find a way to make this team physically competitive on both sides of the ball.

That's sad, I hope I'm never like you are in this regard---"hello darkness my old friend"- the way you make them "physically competitive " is going out and recruiting bad motherfers on the DL and OL-

Reactions: otismotis08
That is the biggest risk this program has. Too many seats in the stadium if we have masses switch from dedicated-enthusiastic fans and contributors to casual fans. That would be the nail in the coffin of significance for this program. I am a dedicated fan and contributor and will remain the same but I know a lot of people that were and are now just mildly interested. The Tom-Frank-Bill-Bo transition and play since 2000 (and loss to Texas in Big-12 championship) has gradually pulled at the strings of fans.

The recruiting classes and coaches and players performance in the next 2 years will be critical to the direction of this program.

Reactions: scarletred

NU recruiting is fine. It's about player development.

I'd love for Iowa to get the talent NU gets. Ferentz would win 10 games every year.

I was too young to enjoy the 70 and 71 national championships. In the late 80s, as a teenager, I always wondered what it would have been like to be alive and enjoy those anazing championship seasons. Todays teenagers know nothing of the success the program had years ago...I imagine other distractions take up more of their time. Their generation has only known general incompetence and failure for the most part. Kind of makes sad for them, they havent tasted what it really feels like to have much in the way of real success. Also seems like it might be years before they realistically have a chance to experience it. Sigh.

ADVERTISEMENT