ADVERTISEMENT

Year 3

Jun 7, 2018
we know players are not being developed. No discipline in the program, ask yourself is it going to get fixed as Frost has said over and over. I’ve been following college football for 35 years as an avid fan, you are what you are after year 3. I think that’s been proven. Unless Frost surrounds himself with elite coordinators, could happen, doubt it, Frost has an ego. I really hate to say say this and this is nothing profound, Scott is going to fail here. I personally didn’t see it coming

Hate to say it but this is concerning. I’ve been a Scott supporter since day 1. One thing GREAT coaches do is adapt. Scott seems to try and force things into his vision ( my way or the highway). Honestly think he would benefit having John Cook sit down and advise him on coaching philosophy (if you disagree with me, read Cook’s book and then we’ll talk). Our program has ZERO identity right now and our players feed off that. Hard to play with confidence and passion when you don’t know what you play for. Also confidence and passion require ZERO talent and you don’t need 5 stars for either one).

Fire him.

Try to save as much of the staff and players as you can.

Make Held Interim head coach. See how well he cleans up the mess.

If you don't, more scholarship players will transfer, and some coaches will leave too.. and we will be stuck with Scott and whatever walk-ons he manages to keep around.

It's probably going to end badly, either way. The question is, how do you want what's left to look like when it's all said and done?

plenty of people will line up for millions of dollars.. don't kid yourself.

I’m sure there is a huge buyout clause that would cost us an arm and leg. I’d imagine Frost is better at negotiating than he is at coaching. Anyways, I think it’s tough to sell Nebraska, here’s why:

-We’ve been crap and irrelevant for a decade.
-recruiting is difficult due to lack of instate talent.
-fan base is rabid.
-B10 hates us
-B10 has good teams top to bottom who are established.

Getting a program going here with zero momentum will be a monumental task. One that Frost thought he would conquer but is probably regretting ever coming here.

I think this is what we are. An undisciplined, mistake-prone, fragile program. It would be one thing if we saw improvement week to week year to year, but we are seeing the same maddening garbage over and over again.

Do you see any other college football team, in all the games you watch, look like the disorganized mess that is Nebraska? Week after week.

The two point conversion was the perfect microcosm of the program. Everyone on the sideline HAD to know that NU would go for 2 if they scored a TD (at least they BETTER have known it). SURELY they packaged a few 2 point conversion plays during the week, so everyone SHOULD have known what play would be run and be ready. BUT - we had 9 guys line up for the play, and 2 more had to rush from the sideline just to get us to 11 players!! Never mind the OPI on the play - that is just the perfect example of an unorganized operation.

I’m sure there is a huge buyout clause that would cost us an arm and leg. I’d imagine Frost is better at negotiating than he is at coaching. Anyways, I think it’s tough to sell Nebraska, here’s why:

-We’ve been crap and irrelevant for a decade.
-recruiting is difficult due to lack of instate talent.
-fan base is rabid.
-B10 hates us
-B10 has good teams top to bottom who are established.

Getting a program going here with zero momentum will be a monumental task. One that Frost thought he would conquer but is probably regretting ever coming here.
it hasn't been that long.. we have been crap for about 6 years.
Recruiting has been more difficult since the move to the Big Ten. but even then, Scott had some good classes
Fanbase is indeed the alpha and omega of the program
Big Ten absolutely doesn't understand Nebraska at all. It's a bad fit in that way and communication wise.
Big Ten doesn't have that good of teams.. no more so than the Big 12.

1. I would like to see us go back to our old conference. This would help with recruiting, identity, and fitment issues.
  2. I would also like to see us go back to the formula that worked before.
  3. Hire an established head coach.

Time and time again, we see the new first year head coach who wants to do things their own way, and it doesn't work out, costing the university millions of dollars so they can 'experiment' with being a head football coach on our dime.

Riley didn't fit that mold, but it was Eichorst who was running the show and doing the experimenting.

Moos might actually have some good ideas on replacements. Not ready to give up on him as AD.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatColumbia
it hasn't been that long.. we have been crap for about 6 years.
Recruiting has been more difficult since the move to the Big Ten. but even then, Scott had some good classes
Fanbase is indeed the alpha and omega of the program
Big Ten absolutely doesn't understand Nebraska at all. It's a bad fit in that way and communication wise.
Big Ten doesn't have have that good of teams.. no more so than the Big 12.

1. I would like to see us go back to our old conference. This would help with recruiting, identity, and fitment issues.
  2. I would also like to see us go back to the formula that worked before.
  3. Hire an established head coach.

Time and time again, we see the new first year head coach who wants to do things their own way, and it doesn't work out, costing the university millions of dollars so they can 'experiment' with being a head football coach on our dime.

Riley didn't fit that mold, but it was Eichorst who was running the show and doing the experimenting.

Moos might actually have some good ideas on replacements. Not ready to give up on him as AD.

I don’t disagree with your wants. I do think it’s unrealistic that Moos would fire Frost. He was essentially hired to fire Riley and hire Frost. I think it’s even more unrealistic moving back to the B12. President Carter said this week that we are all in.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I think the two biggest changes needed is a defensive and offensive coordinator, which is essentially like starting all over again lol.
to do what? run the same scheme?

I know a lot of guys are down on Chinander, but he's running the exact scheme Scott wants, where the defense takes huge risks in an attempt to get the ball back, and we get burned from time to time playing that scheme.

What I don't understand is why Scott doesn't have them pull back on those reigns when we are having trouble on offense, because when that happens, it's literally stupid to play so aggressively and give up points like that when the offense can't catch up.

Reactions: CatColumbia
to do what? run the same scheme?

I know a lot of guys are down on Chinander, but he's running the exact scheme Scott wants, where the defense takes huge risks in an attempt to get the ball back, and we get burned from time to time playing that scheme.

What I don't understand is why Scott doesn't have them pull back on those reigns when we are having trouble on offense, because when that happens, it's literally stupid to play so aggressively and give up points like that when the offense can't catch up.

Yep I agree with you. I think he needs to:

-Hit the transfer portal and get a guy who can throw downfield.
-Make McCaffrey a WR.
-Let Lubick take complete control of the offensive coordinator reigns, support him if needed.
-Opetate the team as a CEO. I mean, he didn’t even know we had 10 guys on the field when the punter got the first down. He’s in over his head.
-Stop with the Friday “Hype practices” reels. It’s embarrassing when we show up and play like $hit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT